Now I am Interested!

Discussion in 'The Bards of Poets' Circle' started by Moravian, Sep 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moravian

Moravian Avatar

Hello Everyone!

This will be my very first post. I am happy to say that I have joined the Shroud community as a backer:)
    I was always a big fan of the Ultima Series and was too late to the UO Train. I have been watching the community very closely and am wanting to be a greater part of it.

I love the community that Ultima has Created and finally I can be a part of it.

I began playing music, mostly instrumental about 5-6 years ago and dabbled in singing. I picked it up as a hobby and it is one of the few ones that I really applied myself to out of love. I would buy books and learn as I locked myself in my room for hours. I realize that the actual game music has at least for the most part been completed (and it all sounds amazing) Though I am sure that there is always something to contribute afterwards: music-wise, story-wise, e.t.c.

My real question here... is if a bard like me would want to contribute in a meaningful way and join the guild, where could I begin to do that? I really like what I see going on here and would love to be a part of it.

Sincerely,
    Christopher

2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Welcome Christopher!

3. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Welcome, Christopher!

4. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Welcome to Shroud!

Leelu, Moravian and Mata like this.
  5. aaronvf

aaronvf Avatar

Hey Christopher,

Welcome! Maybe check out the guys who run the bear tavern. They would probably have some work for you eventually. They are in the beran league, great people.

6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Greetings.
    What I would do is message Holt directly since that would create an email notification for him.
    Now the Poets hasn't been exactly active in a while but with the advent of music going into the game, hopefully next release there should be a bunch of bards wanting to check it out.

Leelu, Moravian, Sir Cabirus and 4 others like this.
  7. Fredrick FlameGrinder

Fredrick FlameGrinder Avatar

Welcome!

8. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Moravian!

9. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Very much Welcome! :)

10. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

Welcome. Wherever you end up feel free to swing by the Bear Tavern, we'd be more than happy to have you play on our stage if you like. And if you don't want to play, then swing by and have a drink, you are always welcome.

11. Moravian

Moravian Avatar

Thank you all for the warm welcomes and the advice!
    I will be sure to swing by the Bear Tavern upon my return from work, as well as get in touch with Holt and explore all my options:)
    Thanks again everyone!

-Chris

12. Kailef

Kailef Master Bard

Moravian,

You've come to the right place. :) If you are interested in joining the Bards of Poets' Circle, we would certainly love to talk to you! I recommend that you visit our website at http://www.poetscircle.net and take a look around. The Roster page shows all of the current members, and the Ranks page contains a link to the "Official Guild Signup Form" which is what you would use to apply to the guild.

It's important to note that Poets' Circle is not an exclusive guild - You are free to be a member of our group as well as a member of another of the fine guilds you'll find active here. (Assuming the other guilds in question don't mind) I would list my favorites, but I'm afraid that I'd accidentally leave someone out!

With regard to the music creating being completed, that's only true from one perspective. The official soundtrack for the game is all but finished, but there are a huge number of player towns that are going to be in game. The owners of those towns are allowed to have custom music composed for their cities. I've just recently posted several new songs that were created for player towns in the "Crowdsourced Music Final Submission Thread" here in the Poets' Circle section of the forums. One of my own, and one that are a collaboration between myself and several other Poets' Circle members. Point being, Poets' Circle remains quite active, and the chance to make music that will appear in the game has certainly not ended!

13. Moravian

Moravian Avatar

I was hoping you might say that Kailef:)

well that sounds great, I would love to partake in anyway, even if it may not be the official music for the soundtrack.To be part of communities that I feel would be accommodating to the type of character and role-playing experience I want to pursue is more than I could ever ask for. I will head over to the website and submit an application as well as see where else I may be abler to fit in guild-wise:D

Thanks again!

-Chris

14. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome!

15. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Welcome Moravian! You will find the best in entertainment in this community. Glad to have another addition!

Leelu and Mata like this.
  16. Truthveyor

Truthveyor Avatar

Moravian, did you submit your music yet? It seems Player Owned Towns now need theme songs.

Leelu and Mata like this.
  17. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Welcome Moravian. The community in this game is simply awesome. There are always events being created for the public to attend, hang out, and enjoy... and most of them utilize a bard or a band for music entertainment.

Plus, as Truthveyor stated, POT's can submit music for their town and I'm sure many of those people would be interested in hearing what you can offer.

Good luck to you and hope you find a guild that suits you. There are a few good ones that are geared more towards music and theater aspects so I'm sure you will be able to find a good match.

Bodhbh Dearg, Leelu and Mata like this.
  18. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

Hi Moravian and welcome! I look forward to hearing you play your music soon! :)

Mata and Leelu like this.
  19. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Welcome to New Britannia! When you get a chance visit PaxLair. And a HUGE Thank YOU for becoming a backer !!!

Whyterose Flowers and Mata like this.
  20. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

You can add me to your friends if youd like to jam sometime I am a bard as well :p
    I ussualy have a few guys and me playing in different towns every night.
    ingame name is Leostorm :)

Mata likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.