Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tour Guide 22 - Walkthrough

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by E n v y V I, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

The video helps, but why did you skip over the most important part?? I cannot find Blood River anywhere. People stop to give me directions but it doesn't help me much unfortunately.

Ravicus Domdred and E n v y like this.
  2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

There are some wonderful maps created by players which will help you find places. For this quest I used the map provided by @Jakub White at Sotamap.com. Blood River is on the river in the far West between the regions Longfall and Verdantis.

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Another great video by Envyco Gaming! Thank you!

I put on plate and died only twice at the mine getting to the tour guide, not counting my falling to my death in the shaft while trying to uncover the ladder. The ghosts killed me on my way out, too. I never would have made it through there without the video. :eek:

Epona, Ravicus Domdred and E n v y like this.
  4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

As with the last one, I made a point of only watching just enough bits of the video to keep from getting stuck. Mostly I needed to find out where BR and ECM were, having been way out west only once before. The area right before ECM looked like an all-out war was going on between the elves and the wolves, with them only pausing to join up to chase me. Maybe they have a bit too many mobs in that area. When they finally got me, I wandered around as a ghost and found the ankh right before the mine entrance, yay. I still needed the video to find that there were ladders, and the turns to take at the bottom. (You say turn right and left and the video shows you going left and right?)

Epona and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  5. Tydes

Tydes Avatar

Thanks for the guide.

I just started playing last release and found your R21 guide very helpful. However, whilst I found this guide helpful, I found it very frustrating. I would like to offer some constructive criticism here.

I feel that as a guide, you should be more definitive about your approach, ie: map out where to go and then take the route. Nothing worse than a person IRL trying to give directions when they are not sure of which way to go. (eg: not sure which way, i think its this way. or this way. oops nope, I got lost).

Also, there were a few directional mis-haps, eg: you say left but go right, say right but go left, my first thought is perhaps a bit of dislexia?
    In the mines, it would have helped me if you gave some orienting directions. ie: head north. head west. With the camera angles being so screwy, the arbitrary '" ollow the path 'this' way " just confused me more.

That being said, i must repeat my initial thanks. As this guide and the last R21 guide really simplified the process of getting these 'hats'. Cheers !!!

ps. just to repeat what Kara Brae said in a previous post.

sotamap.com

Alternatively, it is south of Radio City. So perhaps you know one of our lovely radio hosts that would help you get there!

Ravicus Domdred, Woftam and Kara Brae like this.
  6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

In the bottom level of the mine I found this very confusing at first. The avatar turned left right away, but the commentary said to turn right. The following turns were also wrongly described. Then I realized that the commentary fit the actions to take at the next turn (not the current turn). So the first instruction (turn right) was meant for the second turn. I can only assume that something went awry with the recording or video editing which caused the instructions to cease to be synchronous with the actions.

As to the impression that the run wasn't perfectly rehearsed beforehand, that didn't bother me. I think there is a lot of self-inflicted pressure to be the very first to post a walkthrough, so it needs to be a rush job. When I say "self-inflicted" I mean that in a positive sense. A video author wants to post an original solution without having people suspect that parts were copied from some other video.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  7. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

Yes, there are very nice player generated maps out. Sotamap.com looks very, very great!
    I really like that, having my map in front of me and see to find the way to Blood River. Remembers me on Ultima times....i am very exited about that. The player has to use a map and no auto-route shows the way:) Also a good experience to get a better feeling of the size of the overland
    BTW The second scene of the Blood River is very nice designed. From the dense of grass and trees, twittering birds (let also some fly around :), sounds of the water, amount of objects etc. Thumbs up. Like it very much!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Ravicus Domdred and Kara Brae like this.
  8. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I gave up and looked at the video. Thank you for making it.:)

You know the tour is hard when you have to look at the video just to find where the locations are. :oops:

Course, it still took me another 1 hour after that to find it. Now, to start looking for the guide. If I can just stop being distracted from all those ores. Hopefully, I'll find the guide by the end of the month.:rolleyes:

Ravicus Domdred and Epona like this.
  9. Epona

Epona Avatar

Yes, this tour was a little sadistic, no? :)

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  10. Epona

Epona Avatar

A terrific video, Envy. Glad you made it through!! :eek:
    It really helped, thanks.

E n v y and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  11. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Envy, as always, thanks for the walkthrough. :cool:

Ravicus Domdred and E n v y like this.
  12. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

So I took another look at the walkthrough...................the mines are ridiculous.

Ghosts attacking through walls............combat feels like its still pretty much nerfed as well. Can honestly say that this quest isn't that much fun.

13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Oh this is cool.....not only are ghosts seriously overpowered......or maybe characters are now seriously underpowered..................I just found out I can't zone my characters to myself.

How can I express how much fun all this is.......

[​IMG]

14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Oooo (thats the sound I seem to make lately) being attacked by two ghosts through a wall whilst waiting for the tour guide to respond............makes me sad.

Tip: If you die next to the tour guide, log out and log in .....you should be alive to click again with no ghost agro.

15. Epona

Epona Avatar

My ever enthusiastic son barely plays lately. Nothing works for him as far as combat and magic. He said health doesn't heal like it did. It doesn't for me. I work determinedly to build my character's skills and to gain experience, but skills seem rather impotent, now. So, I watched him play for a short while last night; when he started down a mountain path he died. There was no (seen) damage, he didn't fall or stumble--he just died. Spells were ineffectual. It was miserable to watch.

16. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Sometimes even skipping while running will kill you, nowadays. :rolleyes:

I like to pause for a moment of silence when that happens, chant the Alpha mantra, pick myself up and try again. :D

17. Epona

Epona Avatar

LOL Yes, it's true. Mantra is great idea. "This too shall pass." :)

18. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Its really cute how people are complaining like this is a finished game they bought off a store shelf. The purpose is to test the zones. Its not necessarily designed to be the most entertaining experience you'll ever have. Im always mindblown on this forum, with the number of people that constantly forget we are primarily doing pre-alpha testing, though they act like this whole pre-alpha release system exists to serve them. Also, wow, its been like 1 day for people. Some of you talk like its the worst torture in the universe to have to spend a few hours testing a video game. You could always not participate in pre-alpha releases, and just wait for the actual game to be released, and then unleash your complainy complaints.

:rolleyes:

As I stated in another post, after about 10 or so days, each release removes the tour guides in the tougher zones and replaces them at easier locations, like the zone entrance. They are purposefully placed in difficult areas to force you into that spot, so you can do the pre-alpha testing (like server capacity, zone capacity, discovering clip plane issues, collision detection issues, targeting issues, etc). After time passes, they place the tour guides in easy-to-reach places, so everyone has a chance to nab the current rare hat/item. You could just wait until halfway through each release to do the grand tour, or, you could like, oh I dont know, participate in the pre-alpha testing.

:cool:

Just keep chanting, "PRE-alpha, PRE-alpha, PRE-alpha" to yourselves next time. Then thank the devs for working on what is turning out to be a killer game ;)

BTW thanks devs, the new zones are awesome. All the improvements to existing zones, and overworld map, get cooler with each release.

:D:D:D

19. Forest Dweller

Forest Dweller Avatar

I think that's what we do....complain about things that aren't working for us. Or should we be mute?

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  20. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

But, but, but ....if no one complained how would you remember this is a pre-alpha game? Some might being to think this is a finished deal already. It's pre-alpha - this is the time for complaints, no? :p (And, who says I'm not having fun dying so much:rolleyes: I am.)

Yes, I know that it's pre-alpha (I chant it, after all) and so I am report my PoV on the current state of the game. Which may or may not reflect the view of others but since that is what seem to be valued by the developers, I'm sure one more view, however daffy it may be, provides some sort of additional information for them to assimilate.

Poor devs.:D

Bodhbh Dearg and Forest Dweller like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.