Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Positive and constructive feedback :)

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by StrangerDiamond, Oct 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

IMHO I think most of the bad reviews come because the dev team has directly or indirectly insulted a whole part of their possible target audience...

By saying : There will never be a siege perilous server, there will never be this and that... which is obviously not a real concern and something we've heard from pretty much every MMO studio.

I'm not judging anyone, the devs do what they want my pledge is unconditional... but its really not something I would have ever considered in view of the fact that this part of the old school UO playerbase was EAGERLY (I'm going for the euphemism) waiting for a RG - UO sequel... that most the players from old school freeshards were on the EDGE OF THEIR SEAT, waiting for a "maybe"

maybe what you'll ask me... and how is it possible that a playerbase be so loyal that they'd be willing to work with a maybe ?

maybe siege perilous... maybe something that resembles a real spiritual sucessor to UO ; and everybody knows that the soul of that game was player driven. That was the miracle in UO, and denying it to gain a few players who would be satisfied with a medieval sims isn't the best idea.

It really is unreal, because I still see with my younger self's eyes RG and DS as cool folks that love their perma death DnD game and who love LARP and all those things which really resemble UO.

In fact I see only this, and I'll start building an invincible shell around my mind so noone can disillusion me.

blaquerogue likes this.
  2. Womby

Womby Avatar

Correct. I have never before played an Ultima game. When I arrived at the Isle of Storms I had no expectation of finding a gypsy, and everything seemed fine to me. My only objection is that in order to start with skills and weapons that I prefer, it is clear that I have to lie in my interview. Not a great start.

3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

But that would then be the decision you make. If you decide to lie because you want better gear then that is your start into the world.

4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

That is so mean :p I really wonder how the AI of the game is going to catch those jives however...

5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Ah politics huh... thats what it boils down to in truth... I'm seen as the anarchist... god forbid real justice and real roleplaying in front of real crookery and real meta-gaming.

That would be so boring... *ironic tone*

its so... 1980 your idea Ahu... these days people bite the apple directly, no need for a gatekeeper,

Daniel: What do you guys think happened?

Lieutenant John Martini: One of the players Robbie played with got carried away and killed him.

Daniel: That's kind of far out.

Lieutenant John Martini: Mazes & Monsters is a far-out game. Swords... poison... spells... battles... maiming... killing!

Daniel: Hey, it's all imagination!

Lieutenant John Martini: Is it? I'll be talking to you.

I'm not sure yall ready for this... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.