Forced duplicate last names and reputation per account.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grave Dragon, Oct 12, 2015.

?

Should Portalarium force last names and Reputation across all characters on an account?

1. No, I want each character responsible for his/her own actions and uniquely identifyable.

2. Yes, A Player's actions specific NPC interaction and all toon last names should be the same.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    What I am saying is we should not look a gift horse in the mouth. Be happy with what we have in this instance. :p

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  2. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

is that a yes? *wink*

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  3. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

We
    Do tell us how that will work, exactly. How much will the game pay us for the 2nd and 3rd slots we bought with our pledges? Will they offer us a full refund? Because that's what they'd have to do.

Genie is out of the bottle. Toothpaste out of the tube. Good luck!

4. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

well I already got 8 accounts :p for the lot deeds, we'll see after launch if I need em for rp lol

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Such is todays generation. "GIMME MORE, I WANT MORE"!!! "MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE"!!!

Beno Ledoux and galdrmadhr like this.
  6. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

OK Ravicus, but to be fair that's your attitude about body parts. MORE MORE MORE!!! You hungry demented devil!

7. syxs

syxs Avatar

Decay only happens on death and skill ups as described by Chris, he said it won't effect you till you skill up another skill or your character dies. So as people have said in that thread you can lock all your skills to prevent skill decay if you don't die or skill up the skill decay mechanic won't trigger.

And for people wondering I'm all for going back to one character per account no add ons. This helps only certain types of people. As I have laid out in past posts it can be exploited to give unfair advantages but players on lesser accounts or pledge levels can't get these bonuses which gives unfair advantages to people with more money to buy the higher pledge packages.

Womby likes this.
  8. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

aye, and in game I am Ravished! Its odd for me on the forums though as I try to be a voice of sanity. Weird lol.

9. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

For me, and I imagine others, that would have to be an awfully big perk. Tax-free city lot maybe?

And that's assuming someone would be willing to trade even for a big perk.

Not that any of this matters, they're not going to take away the additional character slots, because they can't.

10. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

well they talk about selling extra char slots in the add on store so maybe what ever they sell them for they can give you credits.

11. ship2

ship2 Avatar

first time I've heard of features sold for $275 on a pre-alpha release of a game be called a "gift". I have to admit, I had no clue how *restricted* those extra character slots would be before this thread. If anything, I'm grateful this thread shed light on that. I was all set to buy that pledge upgrade and would have been disappointed.

12. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

ya, probably cheaper to buy extra accounts.

13. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Really. Let me judge for myself how much I value things, myself, if you don't mind.

And are you kidding? How many of us would have played UO at all, or as long, if we'd been limited to a single character? Of course it's a major issue for some people.

Further, you can't sell something for real $ and then say, just kidding, those features aren't available. SOTA understands this. Apparently you do not.

Jordizzle likes this.
  14. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

ok, so you get to grandmaster and skill xp stops gaining. you then lock the skill.

you leave for a week on vacation, come back. you are no longer a grand master becuase you had the two days decay.
    you unlock it, and you work two days worth of work into it, you are grandmaster again. you lock it.
    you leave for a day and come back. you are no longer grandmaster again, because of the decay.

so the assumption you are running on - there is a buffer zone so you never lose grandmaster status.
    the assumption i am running on - there is NO buffer zone, so you never reamin grandmaster without constantly working on it.

i believe my assumption is more accurate, because of the nature of the use base skill system itself. locking it would allow people to game the system so they become grandmaster in everything, while having no buffer zone makes them continue to work on staying the best of the best of the best (sir! with honors!) at what they do. that to me is the spirit of the system.

@Chris - are either of these two assumptions accurate?

15. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I played Siege on UO and we only had one character slot.

galdrmadhr likes this.
  16. Gix

Gix Avatar

Enforce your own responsibility, not other people's.

17. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Uhmm???
    The $45 is for pre-release with perks.
    Expect the game to be about half of that at launch.
    Plus count on regular STEAM sales...

18. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

I think that's his point exactly. That was spoken about as one of the defining aspects of the game. As a way to draw from some of the mechanics of the single-player Ultimas into this hybrid world, your actions would be more permanent. That would make people think more carefully about what they did and lead to a very different dynamics than exists in most other games.

19. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

As did I, as well as other shards. But I suspect that my time spent in UO would have been MUCH less if forced to play a single character from the outset. I doubt I ever would have even tried Siege had I not been so sucked into the game by being able to play multiple chars. Not saying this applies to everybody, but clearly UO wouldn't have been as successful and sustainable with a single character, I think that's a reasonable assumption.

Jordizzle likes this.
  20. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

well you know what they say about assumptions....anyways. This game is not the traditional online game. It is set in the vision of RG. Many people here scoff at that and want what they want. I want to try to stay true to that and not worry if it is a "niche" game or how many others will play it. I don't want to see it ruined by people that think like the "big publishers" and try to gain numbers in a game by watering it down.

Beno Ledoux and galdrmadhr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.