Will we be able prepay Lot rent to use it for a few days or a week at a time?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Guppy, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guppy

Guppy Avatar

For special events in a PoT it would be nice to be able to claim a large lot for a few days while the event is occurring.
    It might be too expensive to have a city/town deed placed all the time for random/weekend events.
    If we could just load up a few days rent for the event it could make it easier.

Also, can you add gold to the lot deed as you get it, so then when you finally have enough it can be placed?

Note: this is a continuation of another topic where it was mentioned that lot rent will need to be paid before selecting a lot.

Spoon, Numa and Senash Kasigal like this.
  2. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Since the taxes are taken out when you claim the lot couldn't you just; claim, pay the tax, use the lot for whatever, pull your deed when done. Basically you'd be paying a months taxes to use a lot for a few days.
    Now my caveats. I don't know that taxes are a monthly fee, just an assumption. If you pay, say, 6 months worth of taxes on the lot when claimed then my idea wont work.

3. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

As understood you e.g. claimed a lot on September 23th and the next rent coming due on October 23th. So they already must have a daily mechanic to check if there is an open rent for a lot even if current rent is on monthly basic as others may claimed their lot on a 12th or 06th.
    So it might work if they add some additional option to the lot-claiming-window…e.g.

daily rent = 100 Gold
    weekly rent = 675 Gold
    monthly rent = 2600 Gold
    yearly rent = 31000

The more you are willing to pay in advanced the cheaper it is to have a lot. :D

Ceara_Quein and Bowman like this.
  4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Hmmm... it was always my assumption that the main purpose (or a major purpose) of the game-imposed property tax was to ensure that lots were not claimed and taken out of circulation by players who become inactive.

If my assumption is correct, it wouldn't make any sense to allow people to pay a year's tax up front.

amaasing and Sara Dreygon like this.
  5. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

But there was discussion of doing something to allow for folks that might be away from the game for awhile (like military duty) to prepay. It was in one of the older hangouts.

Kara Brae likes this.
  6. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Good point. If it was only monthly then what's to keep someone from abandoning their lot one day before rent is due and then immediately claiming it again to avoid taxes? I wonder if the devs have thought of this...

cartodude likes this.
  7. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

In theory you could... but if your lot and house was fully decorated... who would want to go to the bank, drag everything back and place it all (including any basement)? This trick is only good for a fairly empty lot.

I thought there was talk ages ago about a cool down timer on a lot to prevent someone from reclaiming it quickly... (it may have just been in one of the early releases...)

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  8. Guppy

Guppy Avatar

Personally, I am only interested in the short term options of paying time periods of less than a month. I would be happy to pay a higher daily rate for this option.
    I will leave the Britannia Lottery Winners (from the new in-game lottery gold sink) that have enough gold to prepay city lot taxes for a year for others to discuss.

Also, I think the idea of prepaying taxes was also to prevent people from dropping there lot and reclaiming it, since they would not gain any extra time and they would still need to pay the next months taxes when they are due.

Senash Kasigal likes this.
  9. dracco

dracco Avatar

if a player could pay a years gold i wouldn't call him a light player . but the bigger picture would be guys gold farming to destroy the games economy . and yes if there's a way to do it thay will figer it out. the bigger the cost the more the players needs . so if i was them id make sure its affordable per month so anyone can make the cost .
    it would be better for this game to make two guys claim a plot if one gos offline for a month the other still has the house and if nether pays the land drops to the owner of the deed . just make sure your stuffs gone before the land rents up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.