Sold off and letting go.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rune_74, Oct 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Sorry, but I have to write this.

I was honestly really excited to see that Richard Garriot the guy who made my favorite games when I was a kid had come to kickstarter. I thought, this is the chance that he could come back and make the game I wanted to play again.

Unfortunately at this point the game bares little resemblance to the games I remember. The atmosphere around the development of it has made me feel like I am not a wanted presence in this game. That my views are not as important as those that pay them more money.

I have honestly had a horrible experience with customer service through the last couple of months, worse then I have experienced the whole time. I wouldn't normally even post this out here but I tried dealing with them by email for over a month and got exactly one response that they would look into it. It shows a lack of respect when you don't actually "look into it" or even respond to any emails. It has been a couple of months of completely unacceptable behavior that I just can't let go.

I'm also tired of the perception that few of you think that you have more rights then the lowest backer. I also don't like how PoT's were created with only a small portion of backers involved and then rules made that clearly favor this group in game. We should be able to discuss this and actually have a better system put in game, but it is not an allowed topic

I am not a UO fan, I'm a fan of the original ultima's and I think you left us behind. I'm honestly so disappointed I had to walk away from here. I still have a basic account, but I assume this post will get moderated and I will either be banned or silenced.

I'm honestly disappointed here....I have followed this since the start of kickstarter but I have finally had enough.

2. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    sorry to see you go man. Wish you the best.

Heradite, Epona, NaomiLin and 7 others like this.
  3. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

You've always been one of the good guys Rune so it's a shame to see you go, but I understand where your coming from. I agree with a lot of what you've said but as you say I'll be banned for mentioning anything, look after yourself.

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I'm sorry to see you go, but a Royal Founder account (as I believe you have) should net you a profit.

Heradite and Logain like this.
  5. Ceara_Quein

Ceara_Quein Avatar

Why would you get banned? Everyone has a right to express their opinions. What matters is HOW you express.

6. Godfrey

Godfrey Avatar

Well, that's really unfortunate. I hate to see the pod drive someone off. Sorry to see you go, rune. If you're up for it, catch me in Albion Online, since I'll be playing that game more often than this one.

7. Godfrey

Godfrey Avatar

This is not a level playing field.

8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

People who make posts like this keep saying this and yet it never happens unless they're particularly rude about it. Which this post is not.

9. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Aww man, consider coming back! I appreciated your feedback and posts and presence in the community. I too have seen the belittlement of lower end backers by the higher end backers. To those that back at a $45 pledge you have just as much of a right as anybody to post here and be part of the community. But Rune 74 I hope you come back at launch time! Sometimes we need so much patience that patience itself leaves us. I try to look into the future like a fortune teller in a crystal ball and I can see at launch this game will be a mixed bag, but that mixed bag will be very cool and interesting and worth playing. Right now we all need patience and I'm sorry to hear about your customer service issues. I've had only good customer service issues but perhaps I'm lucky. Everyone yells at everyone from time to time. I feel personally I've made more enemies than friends on here, but that doesn't stop me from dropping anchor. So consider coming back and I hope everything gets resolved.

I'm a fan of the original Ultimas more than UO, and the quests aren't here yet, but come back at launch, and at that point we the single player Ultima fans can really see how it lives up to them. We can't get what we all want, I want Ultima VII online, but hopefully we can get some pieces of the games we want.

10. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Out of curiosity, have you seen the Isle of Storms and the new starting areas? We're just now starting to see lots of new scenes, towns, NPCs, and some effort on story. We always new the single player campaign was going to be the last thing added.

11. Godfrey

Godfrey Avatar

Razimus is right, you should stay. The pod likes to circle the wagons, blindly like each other's posts, and closely walk the line of bannable responses...and we can do the same. Two factions. Just like West Side Story....except they have more expensive shoes! Who cares! Have fun.

Here's a fun game I play on these forums: Whenever one of the "favored" posts something, I don't read it right away. I link it and then write down on a sheet of paper who I think is going to like the post. Then I come back several hours later to find out. I'm almost always spot on. If there was a leaderboard, I'd be #1. :)

Epona likes this.
  12. Godfrey

Godfrey Avatar

As a precaution, I've taken screenshots of everything. :rolleyes:

13. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

I'm sorry to hear your leaving. I know what you mean about some members of the community acting as they are the say all end all...

I have ran into this a few times and have thought that it was ridiculous how much entitlement some members have of this pre alpha state of the game. Many things will continue to change.

I have found a great deal of impartiality from the development team, and this is why I hold confidence that they will eventually move to something like an open world pvp solution.

Hope to see you return!

14. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Sorry to hear that Rune. Maybe things will change.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  15. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

You won't even let me eat you a little before you go?

16. GimmeUOPlz

GimmeUOPlz Avatar

Sorry to hear this. I hope the game turns into something you can enjoy in the future. Take care man. I don't know you but it seems like you'll be missed.

I'd advise you to hang onto the acount. Who knows maybe you'll end up enjoying the game after release

17. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

You clearly care about the game.......... come back for alpha/beta/omega.

18. smack

smack Avatar

Fare thee well, Avatar.

Now go enjoy all the great single player RPGs out there! And maybe come back when this one is done in a couple years and see how it turns out...

Galamar, Heradite, Phredicon and 8 others like this.
  19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I don't think you should go. I think you should step away perhaps. You will probably get more of the game you want just because it is Richard Garriott making it and he is the one and only to make an Ultima like game. I also and I know it is just my opinion think people are too hung up on hating POTS, it's not what the game is about. I at first was like what no we don't need them and they are here. There is more here than we even have a clue about and I have not seen you happy since you have been back, and I was never quite sure what was so horribly wrong. I know you say POTs POTs POTs as do others, but I am not here to say like them, but to say they are not the game and nothing to fight about. Talk about are they making our characters react to the environment, will there be tons of secrets and mysteries etc etc. Will it be a magical game, on these points you are terrific, but fighting for tons of hours on POTs is a waste of time imo. I wish you the best always but please consider arguing where you can make a difference not about things that you can't change. Best wishes always to you Rune and come back any time.:)
    edited

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  20. Pickley

Pickley Avatar

Sad to see you go. I am very disappointed in the way you and many others have been treated.

Ravicus Domdred, Heradite and Epona like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.