I am a Solo Gamer - but i need an MMO to enjoy Solo Play the most

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myrcello, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol how about B)alone in a corner or at a bar drinking a whiskey, but then to add*** joined by a handsome mysterious stranger*. So per chance we start out with the intentions to solo play, but the planets do not aline with that thinking.;) lol I know full of riddles of complexity today.;)

2. Leffy

Leffy Avatar

Or it just could be that people play how they want. That's really what it's all about, no? Kind of like in real life....everyone does their thing, and everyone is different. Doesn't make us right or wrong, it makes us human.

4EverLost, Myrcello and majoria70 like this.
  3. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Hugs all.

I think Mel Gibson from Lethal Weapon is proof that a hero can be talking ongoing and very social that my before post is just crap.

majoria70 likes this.
  4. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I liked your responses.
    I think Katarina corrected me good with solo adventurer as a better word.

Solo can of course be seen as 100% alone.

And i would help if someone chokes.

Katrina Bekers and majoria70 like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol Yes Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon was a perfect example of that. *hugs* Myrcello and all.:) Sometimes we have to let the guard down and show who we are even if we are being vulnerable. Perhaps that is just me today though;)

Apollox Evanheart likes this.
  6. redfish

redfish Avatar

Myrcello in real life drinking some sarsaparilla -->

[​IMG]

smack, royalsexy, 4EverLost and 2 others like this.
  7. Gix

Gix Avatar

It's all fine and dandy so long as you're not trying to mold an MMO (I'm not talking about SotA) to fit your solo-ing needs at the detriment of those who want to play a game where they can group. Unlike you, we can't fall back to single-player games.

If you play a lone-wolf and can't achieve something on your own, that's tough cookies for you. You WANTED to be alone.

Katrina Bekers, Myrcello and Enfo like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

How many people that are playing lone-wolf can't have their planets re-aligned? lol It depends on how you are taking the conversation. I went from being more of a lone wolf to another dimension. You never know what is in the stars. That's a Richard Garriott online game for you. This one will be no different in that sense. Well imo. that is. I did say it is probably just me today.;)

Myrcello and Apollox Evanheart like this.
  9. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Gix,

Yea, I agree. I'm not a fan of adjusting difficulty down so you can solo monsters. As a role-player, I expect the world to feel real, and that means certain challenges will either require a group or, in certain circumstances, require you to be really clever and patient to solo, if possible at all. Though I hear we might be getting hirelings, also.

10. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

And on rare important occasions even lone wolfs form a group:
    [​IMG]

smack, royalsexy, redfish and 5 others like this.
  11. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Ahh, the original Power Rangers. Nice. :p

Budner, Myrcello and 4EverLost like this.
  12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Ok I guess this is over due: *hands Myrcello a thinker cap and the philosopher stone*
    And I swear if I ever find a picture of you I will make a philosopher-myrcello meme.

Myrcello likes this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh I love that picture as an example Myrcello. Those are true lone wolves;) It's kind of like standing apart even though you're in a group, well in your own mind that is.;)

Apollox Evanheart likes this.
  14. Enfo

Enfo Avatar

You want to run around in the woods and dodge people, fine. No other game I've played has had a single player online system, which, after reading people's comments, seem to be a bigger selling point than anything else now.

Perfectly explains why the devs dodge responding to players questions. So many slow players, oh don't not pick the word slow, English is like my 7th language.

Promote the mmo aspect, with balance and function first, and then add all the hirelings and companions and single player only aspects you want. At the end of the day, which is gonna last longer to yoy, the storyline in Ultima 5 or the story you created in Ultima online.

After you answer that feel free to run around killing wolves in whatever realm you please.

15. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

The story of Ultima 5. Because it is a real story with an interesting plot, great characters, twists and suspense and I think back to it fondly even after all those years.

16. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

Well normally when I come into a restaurant I DID just come in for the food and not to be bothered with other peoples problems. But if someone starts choking, well I'd get involved. Do you go into restaurants hoping people will choke so you can play the hero? Or to talk to everyone about their problems? 'Cause dude, that's kinda weird.

I think you are way overreacting to Myrcello's post. I mean I disagree with him that an MMO game is more challenging. An MMO game is usually so easy that even though it was created for larger groups of people, you can solo it 95% of the time. But other than that, I totally get where he's coming from. Especially if you get into a group that only cares about beating the dungeon or whatever it is you grouped up for. Make mistakes and bam! You hear language even a sailor would stay away from. If people aren't there to have fun but to just win then yeah I don't want to play with them. Which in turn means I'd prefer to solo an MMO.

kethury likes this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I agree single player online would help ensure all is entact and even your feelings. What an awesome observation @Enfo. Imagine putting yourself at risk for all of the emotions.:eek:

18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Oh I can understand him. I hate leveling in a group no matter the incentives.

19. redfish

redfish Avatar

Personally, I think they should promote the role-playing aspect with balance and function, and then everything else is second priority.

Enfo likes this.
  20. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Enfo,

And I agree with you some scenarios in the game should have parties/groups in mind because of the enormity of the danger. Though I think its also important for the devs to put in mechanisms for players to be clever, rather than making the players use brute force. Basically, similar to how Underworld Ascendant is working on an "improvisation engine." Its where features like stealthing become important.

royalsexy, Enfo and 4EverLost like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.