Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

I don't want to kill babies!

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Kara Brae, Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

You don't have to kill them. But remember: They are agro and want to kill you

2. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Really you guys are going to rationalize this :p

hahahahah

I'm having a great time :)

They're not baby velociraptors :p

[​IMG]

Sinclair, Moiseyev Trueden and Albus like this.
  3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I'm willing to accept that they will defend their territory however, especially if theres alot of them around and they feel more secure with charging a magic wielding avatar :p

But you'd really have to annoy them or walk in their nest :)

btw did you seriously search for : baby alligator biting finger ? :p

4. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Alice Cooper wrote a song about dead babies...

Culaan, Alexander and Sir Cabirus like this.
  5. Albus

Albus Avatar

I think it was, "giving baby alligator the finger" and just happened to show what the alligator did about it ;)

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Miracle Dragon like this.
  6. Lord_Toast

Lord_Toast Avatar

Unless there is an over abundance of them. In that case you are thinning the herd and restoring the balance.. If an Avatar held them in captivity, killed them to turn them into slippers then they would probably frown. However selling the said slippers at a profit would make the goddess of commerce extremely happy.

7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Apparently, if I change my name to Baby Baron Drocis Fondorlatos, approximately 50% of the population will no longer want to kill me. :)

What an odd world we live in. I wonder if there's a way to reduce that number even further. Baby Baron Veteran Puppy Kitten Drocis Fondorlatos...

Derium, Acred, Bluefire and 7 others like this.
  8. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I feel so sorry for what probably happened to this bird right after the photo was taken...

9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I've got a Young Stag that repops by Aldwater's south exit near my house. Free animal hide and venison every visit!

What bugs me is in the Perennial Trail random encounters with sheep there are "Herding Dogs" which attack you on sight, even when you have no weapons out and are just harvesting cotton and ores.

10. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

As an addition to rediculous requests (coconut bra supporter), I request that we be allowed to tame and release baby crocodiles into our hot tubs.

Once released they go against your NPC count in your house and not against your pet count.

Ill be thoroughly satisified if this requests is either granted or completely ignored.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  11. redfish

redfish Avatar

By the way, we need real baby animals in the game. This is just a small crocodile, not a baby. We need does, bear cubs, wolf pups, calves, chicks, lambs, etc. (Just so we can kill them!)

12. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

13. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

The birds are actually often attacking the baby gators, they've grown quite accustomed with some birds there is a kind of territory thing going on, once the bird realises the croc is too big to hunt often it will also be too slow to catch the bird so the bird just sits on the croc (literally) and steals some of his prey.

That bird was probably just saying right there "you can't catch me you better accept I steal some of the fish"

I think you guys are harsh for turning Lady Kara's requests into derision. Not obnoxious because you are probably right in that this is a superfluous kind of request, but I think you'd have to also apologize for saying or thinking that its a ridiculous request.

In fact many of you have grown accustomed to this kind of attitude and it shows up sporadically, sometimes consciously, sometimes subconsciously... gamergate rings a bell ?

I understand many here, and in the dev team who are SICK AND TIRED of religious moral dogma and other matrix type elements that have invaded our society. We often use the devil symbol with our hands to symbolize "rock on" or the famous "hang it loose" and it means be tolerant because you're lucky to emancipate yourself from all this pile of dung with the devils blessings (no offense to religious people, religous thinking can be a good guide for relationships, but the dogma is as wrong as killing baby animals in all impunity, especially with the oracle watching)

You see that is the sometimes fatal error many make while trying to get away from religion and/or an excess of pragmatism. Lets face it, most are agnostic and do not worship satan and lucifer... but they still use the symbols its a kind of underground and fight club like statement.

But what if Satan/Lucifer also has a feminine side or counterpart, well you can bet that all things balance themselves in life and you better pay attention to both sides of the equation. It's a delicate osmosis... we have ALOT of feminine players on here.

I see Kara's request as a manifestation of this Goddess, literally.

Freedom, but responsibility. Creativity, but patience.

The game must NOT teach aberrant behavior by design, this is 2015 and I REFUSE to belong with a group that has not transcended these basic realisations.

It's even more important than that, the game still has alot of raw edges and we tend to say "well its functional, what do you want more its pre-alpha" but in reality often its easy as saying scissors and the root of the issue is healed without any harm to anyones playstyle.

That if you want to put it in laymans term, would be like insulting Satan's bride, then playing russian roulette by his blessings.

I've invested time and energy, soul and spirit into this project and I'm not going to let it happen.

14. Retro

Retro Avatar

Babies...no! Younglings!!! YES....:eek: @= 3:01

15. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I think they meant the infamous jedi purge... wth :/

16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Really who wants to hurt those cuties ? :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I agree with Kara Brae in the opening post. Good post.

Its a semantics thing. Don't call it baby anything. Call it 'West Abundis Crocodile' or 'Eylo Crocodile' or ' Fogladden Crocodile' or "Perennial Crocodile' etc. etc. etc. after place names.

'Baby, Small, Medium, Large' is just ...... non-creative.

18. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Perennial crocodile is that a carnivorous plant ? :D

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  19. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I just know that if we called him 'Extra Large Fondorlatos' that yes definitely the PVP desire would go to 100%

:D

20. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.