Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R23 Feedback - Magery - Root is way Over Powered

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Stealthy, Nov 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

When every single person is the game is required to use the same skill or loose every fight, its a problem. When most fights are one guy rooting another and then just beating them to death while the other person just stands their waiting to die... thats a issue. Its really really Not fun in anyway.. it needs to be addressed.

Moonshadow, Abydos and Numa like this.
  2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Agreed. But once this is called Alpha, and all skills are in game, we should start to balance.

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  3. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

No reason not to try and balance the numbers now. People see the problems, they announce them, other agree... that's the path to change. Just have to wait a couple months everytime we find out how its screwed up. Its a very very slow way to change pvp.... and at this rate wont be good until long after release.

4. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

Only reason I grind to lvl 60-80 every release is in hopes of having a decent fight with my fellow pvpers... month after month this hope gets crushed by ' woopsy's ' on the skill designs... and it ruins a ton of effort. Standard answer is, its alpha so its going to suck.... but that's just lame. It sucks because when issues are seen, they take 3 months to fix and even then it s like pulling teeth. Its a alpha game until we talk of changes, then it can't be touched until later.......

5. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

Last release I killed everyone with searing ray, this release I get killed all the time by root... both releases sucked the entire time because these gods skills make all other skills worthless. Only hope we have is among the players choosing not to use the 'unbalanced skills ' so we can actually have fun.... designers are more then content to wait another 3 months before they off balance the next skill.
    Reasoning behind the no change is Christ doesn't want to ruin it for the people who trained root.. but that logic means hes fine with screwing everyone else that has any of the other skills.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  6. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

I really think we can have good pvp within a couple months. Most of the skills seem pretty balanced.. the problem is, when something is over powered, it takes way way too long to make changes. You can't just ignore it and think your still doing jack on testing. If root is the god skill, all decks must be built around using and fighting against root.. which will eventually have to be nerfed.... so... 3 more months waiting to test.. hoping the ones who got screwed by training something else returns to see if they get screwed again next time.
    Simple answer would be allow trade in on skills that get changed and allow them to be converted back into exp. We shouldn't have a no change policy this early in testing a new design... Serious issues are popping up, and they are being pushed down the road, which takes all the work and effort of the testers with it. We get to play a broken pvp system because the fear it might upset the guy with root, but screw you if you chose anything else, no one cares about you.

7. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

I hate it, but I love the game.. so I'm going to go back and Gm root, even though I hate that skill and want to play something else.... so the root guy doesn't have to suffer loosing his one shot kill, we all must become root guy.

8. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

I think the answer would be making 10% adjustments to skills that players are asking for changes on, up or down every two weeks, starting on mondays ( since most pvp events are on weekends ). A post should be made to which skills are getting the up or down adjustments, and two weeks should go by before their implemented... but we need a steady adjustment in place until all skills are usable and applicable.

Kit Kimberlin likes this.
  9. Kit Kimberlin

Kit Kimberlin Avatar

We shouldn't have to grind in pre-Alpha. We should be allowed max lvl and skill to test all aspects of how they work and to freely swap them out. There isn't time to test things on a large scale if people are sidelined by grinding just to be discouraged. "Grinding" should only be in Release where time is abundant and not looming with the next wipe. We should encourage "testing" on a larger scale without limiting it by grinding if we are interested in skill balancing. More people testing actual mechanics = more bugs squashed | more feedback | better assessment of skills and adjustments. Long intervals in these adjustments just adds frustration to people who want to, and can be, helpful now. Hope that made sense and was helpful to this topic...LOL :eek:

10. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

I know they have a test server like that.. I really need to be their, but Shroud is my primary form of entertainment and I play all the time anyway, so the grinding to learn is part of the experience. It is far more frustrating to work hard on different groups of skills to find out their all worthless because of one skill though. Some skills will be a little more powerful then others, but no skill should have all other skills revolve around it. Was death touch, then fiery decay, then searing ray, then root... anytime a skill is a must have, it has to be reduced some... and it shouldn't take months...
    A nerf mid release is unfair in many ways... but a 10% reduction after 2 weeks notice isn't too crazy and brings the game back into a more competitive stance. Repeating this 10% reduction after another two weeks if people agree their needs to be more.

Kit Kimberlin likes this.
  11. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

GM ROOT MOUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Tears likes this.
  12. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Address the issue with mobs getting into melee range too soon, or the issue where ranged skills do not have enough range...

...and then spells like root would not need to be as over powered.

13. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

Chaotic step is the answer to root. Possibly even blink if you want to reposition, but it takes a lot of practice.

14. mithra

mithra Avatar

I do lean on Searing Ray. I don't think it's overpowered perse but maybe one of the few spells I've developed that actually helps win a fight. I think Banish Undead delivers a helpful amount. But otherwise I'm button mashing lesser spells because the other two are on cool down.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  15. Masonic

Masonic Avatar

Kit is absolutely correct.

16. Masonic

Masonic Avatar

The thing about root tho... is that you only need 40 points in it for it to be GREAT, and 80 points in it for it to be RIDICULOUS.

The counters are incredibly time demanding, leveling multiple skills to counter one skill is rough. But this is a slow MMO, its just a pity we're all grinding away instead of testing things for development. 0

17. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

Chaotic step works great at lvl 1 and has 5 second cool down on lock. Its the end of the pvp rooting tank. For player versus monster, Bodyslam is my favorite against root.

FrostII likes this.
  18. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

my chaos tree doesn't work

19. Turin2

Turin2 Avatar

That's really odd. Might need Obsidian chips.... I haven't heard of any bugs.

20. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

And now we've tested and determined that root isn't working quite right... and they'll eventually fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.