Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Music question

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Are the tracks in the game allocated to the areas yet?
    By this I mean does every area have the music track it is supposed to have in the "final version"?

I was walking through Highvale with all of the dead bodies around me and buildings were burning - but some merry tune was playing... This was kind of strange...

Also I think that it would be much better if every area in the game would get one tune only. And this tune should be exclusive to the area. So we can associate an area with a special tune.

This would also mean that the music should not loop continuously as this could get annoying but there should be a longer pause between the looping. I think that this could add to the atmosphere as then we would also have some times in the areas where we don't constantly hear music but instead could enjoy the ambient sounds only, too.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

No

Lord_Darkmoon likes this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Setting up appropriate musical selections in each area is on my to-do list. One thing I'd like to see is that each map has at least 3 selections that can play, to help avoid monotony. I don't have a timetable for you on when this will be implemented/done, but I'll probably update the music loops a smattering of maps in Release 27 to test the waters and make sure I'm going in the right direction.

4. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

I agree with the three songs per map. Any chance on having the songs play in a shuffled/random order, so they don't play in the same order all the time?

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  5. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Will different areas then get the same tune, too? Or will each area get it's own unique tunes? I always like it when I hum a tune and then I get a picture of a certain area in my mind. This would make the areas even more unique. I could see some areas sharing some tunes like forests for example - so that there would be some "forest tune" that would play in every forest along with two others, unique tunes. But I think that at least the NPC towns should not share music so that they each get a unique "personality".

Also will there be longer periods without music so that we can enjoy the ambient sounds, too? Or will the tunes follow each other closely?

And a last question: Will there be some dynamic music for example when combat ensues?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Furious Farmer and Sir Cabirus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.