EverQuest Books

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Corlag TheBard, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corlag TheBard

Corlag TheBard Avatar

Has anyone else read the EverQuest book series that came out during the game's peak?

What are your thoughts on a book series that spotlights multiple authors based in a game world?

Personally, I loved every one of them, and felt it added so much more to the world of the Norath. I really enjoyed getting to follow adventures of other fans of the game, and watching the lore of Norath come alive. The books never disrupted the core lore/history of the world, but rather drew from it and took place within the confines of the existing game world. There were a few places that were only ever mentioned in the game that players never got to see, yet were brought to life in the books as well. This was a treat for me.

Would you want to see something like this for Shroud?

2. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I really liked those books too. It was a nice insight into the game world from different perspectives, espescially if you played EQ1 or 2. I think they really helped make the world seem fuller and gave it added depth.

3. Donferth

Donferth Avatar

Never got too much into Everquest, Warhammer on the other hand... A bit more obvious it caught my interest. I do believe if Shroud made a book series... Yeah I'd buy. Can't beat around the bush on that... Take mah munehz!

BillRoy likes this.
  4. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

You may not know this, but I am also a WarHammer fan;);), it seems to attract a more viseral type than some literature. Maybe it's the GrimDark?

5. Donferth

Donferth Avatar

Aye, it does yet it doesn't. The depthness it goes into aswell as imagery and lore behind it are the main attraction in my eyes. Grim dark.... Tis only really grim dark In the battlefields and on Forgeworlds.. Else where really isn't that bad from half the stories I've read.

BillRoy likes this.
  6. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

In my mind the grimdark refers to the fact that there are no happy endings. Everyone dies, everyone is torn from thier homes and loved ones, and most deaths are brutal and pointless. Just my thoughts on the matter.:)

Donferth likes this.
  7. Donferth

Donferth Avatar

Yes thats true. Usuually every one does die.. Well then point taken on the grimmingness of the dark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.