Thread discussions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matheryn, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

Over the last 3-4 weeks I can honestly say I'm am extremely impressed with everyone who posts on the SOTA threads, I read prolly 20 - 30 threads to there entirety each day and with a few exceptions here and there most people tend to stick to the guidelines and keep their posts constructive.

To any Devs reading this I honestly hope that you are quite pleased with this community you have as a lot of what I have read even in some of the controversial threads for instance the travel time thread that hit 15 pages before Mystic locked it which IMO didn't seem to break any major rules but then again I believe Mystic knows what he\she is doing so I'm not going to disagree with her\him

Some of the threads also offer some real good constructive points and ideas too which I'm impressed with. So this post is to give everyone including the Devs a pat on the back because there are a lot of game forums out there, especially on STEAM that are just riddled with arguments and sour replies, enough to accually turn you off wanting to play the game which is not what forums are intended for.

I know this post doesn't really hold any relevance or significance to SOTA, I just really wanted to say that I appreciate everyones more positive demenor towards there posts here on these forums

2. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Good point. BTW that travel thread was locked mostly due to a post I made, not due to the subject matter of the thread. Lowered myself into the muck rather than taking the high road.:oops: Still learning.

Aldo, Atogrim, Leelu and 4 others like this.
  3. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

[​IMG]

4. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Been there, done that too! Sometimes you just want to *slama jama/rope-a-dope/take the gloves off* and knock sense into people. Of course when you do that you end up looking like a butthead...lol. Ah well, there's worse things in life than lowering yourself into the muck :cool:

But I am learning how to minimize my visits to the muck pond. So if I can do it, you can too @Budner. ;)

Apollox Evanheart and Budner like this.
  5. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

tbh I accually found the thread quite informative from start to finish and saw ALOT of really good points and ideas in it, I hope the devs accually take the time to read that one.

In reguards to muck comments - I can understand when things get under your skin especially on forums and throwing out heated replies is usually my specialty especially considering I'm an Irish born man now living in Australia, the land of free thinkers and even free'er tongues lol so getting hot under the collar is nothing new to me hehe but as I get older I have noticed I'm more set in my ways but less inclined to vocalise them which is a surprise for me

Acred, Apollox Evanheart and Budner like this.
  6. Apollox Evanheart

Apollox Evanheart Avatar

Better a thousandfold abuse of free speech than denial of free speech.

-Charles Bradlaugh

Leelu, Acred, Phydra and 6 others like this.
  7. Hermann von Salza2

Hermann von Salza2 Avatar

I can't let you take all the blame. My post started it off. I should of known better than to get into the conversation. My problem is I am very passionate about stuff, and when I get to going on a topic my words sometimes get the best of me. I was out of line. and @Budner I hope you will accept my apology. I will try to word my stuff better. My wife gets on me all the time about how I don't back down from stuff. I am an old ex cop who, I guess, still holds onto that persona of not showing fear to those I face. Bad bad habit, and one I just can't seem to break.
    To those who read my comments, I also apologize. I will try harder to be a better forum presence.

Mata, Cianna, Acred and 6 others like this.
  8. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Last time I checked, we're all human here :) I'm a mom who had to raise two boys without their father around much and so I have a *drill sergeant* mentality that pops up at the worst times! Plus I'm Puerto Rican/Irish Gemini pushing 60 and I tend to say my piece as if I was on a soapbox in downtown Chicago...lol.

Passion is a good thing. :) Using that passion to bash others is not so good. At least that's a lesson I'm *still* learning :rolleyes:

9. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

What do I think about this....

I don't think it is as "nice" as you say it is, unfortunately. I'm glad you have had a good experience from it. I am hesitant to say much.

10. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

OK and I apologize too. Group hug! Kumbaya!

11. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Musical interlude for group hugs:

12. Hermann von Salza2

I have no idea why this popped in my mind, but when I saw this I thought, I wonder what this would look like with Lord British's head placed over ole Elton's LOL.

13. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

its not so much as everything said was nice but more in terms that even though at times people can get passionate and heated they still attempt to keep things on point without decending too low with there snide remarks. It shows that the SOTA community as a whole has a more elevated stance on communication than other game forums which decend into multiple pages of locked threads. This thread was just to give everyone a pat on the back for keeping it civil and optimistic and insightful bar the few exceptions here and there. The reason I did this was to also show that were all human (sometimes unfortunately, as id love to be an elf) and that we understand each others feelings even if there isn't a face to put them to

14. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I don't agree with this either, I think some are as you say though.

15. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

well to each his own and I thankyou for your honesty

16. Hermann von Salza2

Well said.

17. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I will say dealing with you has been fine, this has nothing to do with you.

18. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

oh ok sorry I thought it was in reply to what I was saying

19. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I meant my opinion on things was different then yours is all.

20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Getting moderated is part of the metagame.
    If you never get moderated, you are playing it wrong! ;-)

Disclaimer:
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Disclaimer2:
    I hereby endorse Portalariums forum rules.

Lord Baldrith and Spoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.