Exp points now being spent faster . . . . . .

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Weins201, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

:cool:Ok with Patch 387 this was implemented - - -

"Increased the rate at which exps get apply by a factor of 4. We increased the rate at which players gain experience but not the rate at which it was applied. The result was people using gust balls and accumulating huge amounts of exps. This will help with that"

:confused:So now while training on a gust ball all you are going to do is make it so that players actually working on a gust ball can train 4 times faster.o_O

Seriously, but what are you guys thinking -:rolleyes: - Remember how many times I have been told, uuhhmm Gust balls don't matter, but yet you are making changes to adjust for them :)mad:)???:(

First off there are only some players who have the 4x Exp, Not everyone (so us without out it will burn thru our exp even faster ??? :confused: Yeah :eek: BBUUTT - - - -

Now while training I am actually doing it 4x faster ? ?? ?? ?? :mad::confused::(:mad:.

:pThey did NOT gain exp of a gust ball they gained exp buy locking all their skills and killing stuff OR they abused an exploit and still have millions of exp to burn.;)

So now to gain 80 - 100 in a skill used to take 4 hours, now guess what it only takes:rolleyes: 1 hours??????o_O

Who did that math, :eek::rolleyes: You didn't make it harder to train on Gust balls you made it even EASIER.]

:(:mad:S E R I O U S L Y ? ? ? ? ?:mad::(

Why is it so hard to bite the bullet an just make gust balls a toy for a game ONLY.:D

:);)I need to go bust some caps at the range Latas.:(;)

2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Ahhh.. where's my popcorn..? Well I knew this would be coming.. I agree, I do not believe the increase to XP spendage is going to help the evil macroers that use gustballs to train! We must take away the xp that gustballs give to allow the game of gustball some peace.

As for the macroers.. this is not the fix.. this will punish the normal gamers who don't play with the skill window, not the macroers 'that are such a problem' that we had to implement this bandaid fix. :) But i like the extra xp.. gonna go fill my pool up and gust less now.

3. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

Its mind boggling that you can train anything on a gust ball other than gust maybe.. but hey I have quit trying to figure out whats being done and for what reasons..

4. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I really believe the solution may be to significantly reduce the exp pool size so that is no longer viable to save it up and macro later. Either that or let people pick where the exp points go without having to result to macros.

5. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

Its only a issue because of the 4x, corpion mashing, and highvale exploit. If those didn't exist, then there would be no problem. That is unless you're against saving pool by locking skills.

6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

3 replies above this could easily be fixed buy hey get this, I know it is mind gobbling, Gust Balls can ONLY be used to play gust ball - Wooah :rolleyes:

No need to change exp pool, locking skills, or how exp is used . . . . KILL THE GUST BALLS FOR TRAINING.

Fister Magee likes this.
  8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I think it's just as viable frankly, in fact, it has sped up this method of training. BTW, it is a less efficient method of training overall, I can't imagine why anyone thinks differently...

9. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Yes, let's get rid of the gustballs already, then we can talk about the real issue, ok? :)

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

why not now you can train up 4 x faster wow even better

Fister Magee likes this.
  11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

If the most exp you can pool is enough to spend on one skill, then the chances anyone will gust ball grind is near zero. It really makes sense because there is no use case for having more points pooled than you need to spend. It is the excess that drives some to abuse the system.

12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I think I know what you meant to say, but you said: "the xp that gustballs give".
    Gustballs do not now, nor have they ever - given any xp's.
    XP's are earned when you are responsible (or in a party) for a mob's death.

13. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Well I am about to see how that works in practice.. but I'm pretty sure I'll just hang around and fill my pool up 4x as large as I usually did, then it's all good still :) faster too

Yes, sorry, I was typing fast.. this whole thing has me all worked up! I did mean to say that it spends 4x fast, but should not spend any really. It never GIVES xp..

Weins201 likes this.
  14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

The EASIEST solution is remove the Gust ball, again and again make gust balls for the Game only. . . . . .

15. DuKe NuKeM

DuKe NuKeM Avatar

KILL THE GUST BALL!

Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  16. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Gust balls are a non issue. Exp is the same for everyone :)

margaritte likes this.
  17. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I'm glad for the fix. There was really something wrong with this release. It was the first one where my exp pool kept growing up to 1.2 million, but my skills seemed to stagnate in their 20s and 30s. I'm just piddling about looking at new scenes and collecting resources, not using a gustball. As soon as the patch was loaded PING PING PING my skills started to eat up the exp and improved.

18. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

Might anyone explain me...sorry...what that gutsball thing is?

I went to desolis sunday...and found a guy there repeating attacks after attacks on a sort of beachball. Thats it?

Now...come again, people get real XP for hitting that thing?

Ok...I'll honest here, when I noticed how skills raise I made myself a macro that hits the key 8, 9, 0 every 5 secs and put skills into those boxes I want raised. I went off the Screen for an hour to clean up my Apartment and when I got back, my character had the skills raised by just a bit but ALL xp was gone.

Thats why I wont make that AFK thing again.

BBBbbbbbbbut...if you get XP by hitting a ball while being in a house or a safe zone, or in offline mode....that opens up to AFK grinding per exelence....or am I wrong?

Sorry, still new here...but to read what you wrote about that ball just made my jaw drop. People get xp for hitting that thing in a safe zone?

19. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

No you don't get exp from hitting the ball, only a way to use up the exp that you have accumulated whilst hunting hence my comment that the gust ball training is a non issue :)

20. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

I see, thanks! But raisíng skills works everywhere...well...exept the attacks, what you need a mob for. So the ball replaces the mob? Nice to know. Thanks again.

Fister Magee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.