Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Missing materials needed for a recipe can get stuck on the crafting station

Discussion in 'Release 27 Bug Forum' started by Cleetus, Mar 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cleetus

Cleetus Avatar

3/1/2016 10:22 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: Unknown, assuming 100%
    Blocker? No, see second post
    Details: While crafting, if I run out of a needed material for auto-populating the materials on the crafting station (by double-clicking the recipe), it will show a red-colored version of the missing (insufficient count?) items. If I walk away from the table without clearing the items at the table, when I return, the missing material still shows up on the table, and can't be removed, essentially rendering the crafting station unusable.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Buy some fuel needed to make something
    2) Double-click a recipe that uses the fuel and make the item until the fuel runs out or you don't have enough to complete the recipe. The fuel will show on the crafting table in red text.
    3) Walk away from the table without clearing the items on the table and go buy more fuel.
    4) When you come back, the missing material still shows up on the crafting table in red. Clicking take all does nothing. See this screencap.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32721
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series GPU RAM: 2030
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.388.Date.03.01.16
    Area: POT_alpine_metropolis_01_template
    Loc: (93.3, 38.0, 124.3)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  2. Cleetus

Cleetus Avatar

Update: the real issue is that the insufficient fuel in my inventory is permanently present and can't be destroyed. From the earlier screencap you see that I had one coal that was in red text (not enough to make a copper ingot). I went and bought 99 more coal.

Turns out, I can't get rid of the red coal. Right-click and destroy is not an option. I tried stacking the coal together and ended up with this: screencap

That said, if I logout and log back in, the coal is now normal, and I can use the crafting station again.

3. uosylence

uosylence Avatar

I have this same issue with 4 pieces of curing salt even though I did not run out of this item. I had plenty of salt (4 pieces for a 1 piece recipe). This happened to me when my tanning knife broke and I had to leave the table to buy another.

4. ottomaddux

ottomaddux Avatar

same problem

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are having difficulty reproducing this issue. Following the steps above, we are only able to show the intended result of getting the fail message that "you do not have all the ingredients to craft the recipe."

Any additional information for us to isolate the issue you're observing would help immensely.

6. Cleetus

Cleetus Avatar

I was thinking about this yesterday. When you double click a recipe in the book to automatically populate the materials on the table, for a brief moment, the items on the table flash red (font turns a red color). I wonder if it somehow relates to moving away from the table while the items are still in that red color? I haven't been able to reproduce since reporting the issue, but I have a feeling it is still lurking with the right steps.

7. AnakiMana

AnakiMana Avatar

This happened to me just now. It's the curing salt. I was using the leather tanning station, and kept double clicking the recipe for leather despite running out of curing salt. So the curing salt appeared in the station as red. I tried to take all, which did take the hides back, but left the red line for curing salt. I closed the station window, tried to see what the smelting station was like. Found leather straps there and figured why not? But it required salt, too, and the red salt line was there as well. Back to buy more salt, it appeared in "not-red" in my inventory, quantity 3, but right next to it in my inventory was the red curing salt. So, two lines, one single red curing salt, one qty 3 curing salt. The crafting station was still stuck on the red line despite me having 3 good ones. I dragged the 3 good ones on top of the red one in my inventory screen. Now it's qty 4 red curing salt and I can't use any of it. Maybe something in that will help?

8. Honkyspice

Honkyspice Avatar

I always have this problem with curing salt, too. To reproduce it just start making yards of leather and if you have more leather than you do curing salt it will get stuck red even if you go purchase more of the material. You can't take it away from the table. As stated, I always have to log out and back in to the game to fix it. I hope this was helpful :)

9. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

I run into this every so often while smelting. Usually start with ~100 coal and start smelting several hundred ingots. Usually when I get down to 3-4 coal, the coal will turn red when double clicking on the recipe.

10. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

Another thread with this error is here. I'm not exactly sure what causes it, but I found that it happened when I was near the end of my curing salts and crafting leather as well. I had to either log off or rezone to get rid of the error. No other crafting would work because I could not take the salts off the table. Screencap.

11. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

I think it has to do with speed of input and low quantity of fuel. I.E. when bulk processing you get into a rhythm.

12. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

This happens to me when ever I have partial amounts of needed materials on any crafting table...

I place an odd # of ore in my pack, Ingots take 4ea ore to make, if I only have 2 or 3 or even 1 ore, when it requires 4, the table loads with 4 ores in red, this table is now locked up, and I must restart the game to cure it... I think it works with anything you don't have enough of, fuel, ore, wood, creosol, when you run low, it loads what you have, at the correct amount, but in red because you don't have that...

It could be speed too, as I can dbl click, press the craft button while the fail bar is still on screen...

13. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@SmokerKGB @Jefe @zyxe @Honkyspice @AnakiMana @Cleetus @ottomaddux @uosylence
    Hear ye, hear ye! I come bearing glorious news! Release after release we have been plagued by this red devil, but today I stand before you with the mighty words of none other than @GingerLoaf, himself, who has shared this knowledge: "There was an issue with items not being properly updated in the player inventory during a crafting interaction. I have fixed this for both batch and non-batch operations"

Come R28, crafters should CEASE to see this red ingredient nuisance evermore. :)

14. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

''All Praise @Attenwood and @GingerLoaf , For this is Excellent News!! :)

Mitch [MGT] likes this.
  15. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

Thank you!!!

16. Quinn Zorich

Quinn Zorich Avatar

Is there a list online if what stations require fuel wise?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.