Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Why was "v" Char Stats removed?

Discussion in 'Release 28 Dev+' started by Weins201, Mar 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Curious? why this information was removed?

I makes it impossible to see if numbers are adding up correctly or not, and therefore testing stuff near impossible also

If removed because it was TMI then testing is to much , sorry but this needs to be brought back so we can see stuff.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Via the R28 post:
    • "Skills and Character UI: We removed the placeholder Stats UI and moved much of that information to either the Skills UI or the Character Sheet UI. The Skills UI has been improved to include an overview of stats about each skill tree. The number shown on each skill tree icon (left side of the window) is the sum of the skill levels in that tree. More stats may be added in the future. Damage Resistance and Damage Avoidance (previously shown in the Stats UI) are now shown in the Character Sheet UI. Damage Absorption is now presented as a component of Damage Resistance. The term "Damage Absorption" is no longer used. Tooltips have been added to some of the stats that are displayed in the character sheet. The new tooltips describe the effect that the stats have on the character."

Jack Knyfe and Mitch [MGT] like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

@Attenwood, @DarkStarr

Ok NP I see it but there are a pieces that are lost from this change . .

The one page overview was a nice place to simply see all the information. One has to now mouse over to see, you could have just removed all the menuscia and left the information there.

BUT lost is ;

Fizzle Chance - this one really needs to appear on Char window - since it affected differently and as I have already said in R27 Bugs and stuff appears to be broken and now no way to know.
    Health and Focus Regens - I know these appeared to be broken place holders but they could have been fixed as it was nice data to know.

I know the rest can be moused over in different places and such but this was a nice, one place to see it all EASILY.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Also Attunement properties are no longer easily looked at, you have to do crazy math to try and figure it out if you mix gems and stuff with your skills VERY difficult, and a bad decision with this one.

Attunement needs to have a place to see them all in one place to check and balance them :-(

5. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Agree with @Weins201. I found this an easy to access information and a simple overview.
    And for a fairly simple player the big number at the top - Adventurer level - was a rough guide as to where I could safely adventure - I know now that I can do fairly well in Crag Foothills at level 67. But scatter all the data over a multiple of places and icons and I'm going "what the ???" OK I can see what individual skills are doing; in QA some skills look pretty impressive and are advancing at an insane rate IMHO. But I go into a tougher area and still get my butt whipped real quick. So no way to estimate how "tough" I am overall.
    Maybe I can get used to it, or just don't like change, but my 2c worth is that it's much harder and the previous overview was easier.

Sher likes this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I have looked thru it all and the ones I felt need to be brought back are ;
    Fizzle - Very important
    Attunement since without the overview ALOT of math has to happen
    And the regens I hope get fixed and then could just be added to the Hints for health and focus

Everythign else is fine and gTg under skills and tool tips.

And easy to read and find

The once over was nice but :)

As for Levels and stuff since they are not relevent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.