Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Flagged PVP - Ganked by PVE-ers!

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Fister Magee, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

A gang of nonflagged avatars came and killed me while I was buying reagents!

How could a party of non-flagged avatars be running around murdering innocent pvp-flagged people and how could the Devs think that this is a good idea?

Don't worry, I'm fine and unflagged again :p

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Welcome to the thunderdome.
    Honestly, i am a PvPer and I would say: deal with it, you were flagged.
    But it isn't that simple and I know that.
    So, how could that happen devs?

3. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

The moment they attacked you they got flagged.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

The problem is not that you where jumped the problem if those losers just leave the scene and are unflagged!

This has to be addressed and fixed.

If you are not flagged PvP and you attack a PvP layer you need to become Flagged PvP for at least, lets make is easy, 10 hours of IN GAME time. Yes 10 IN GAME HOURS

And if you abuse this mechanics more than 3 times you are PERMA FLAGGED PvP as you clearly want to fight other players, and are abusing a system that allows you to gank flagged players.

Again what had to be adjusted if the penalty for attacking PvP players when you are not flagged. Also even if you just flag PvP with 5 of your buddied and run in and gank players then run to unflagg - - - -

Once you have initiated a PvP fight you should not be bale to unflagg for at least 4 IN GAME HOURS. Show some commitment.

5. Selene

Selene Avatar

I think at the very least, a player that flags by attacking should have to go to the oracle to have it removed. Maybe pay a fine to have it removed.. for "bad behavior".

6. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Nice suggestions Weins and Selene!

Along the lines of the topic, other thing that concerns me is that you can be attacked without consequences in the cities. Why are guards so lazy? :p Maybe it's just me, but if i flag myself is to feel the thrill of PVP while i'm adventuring. If i'm in a town with guards i expect to be guarded, whether i'm attacked by someone flagged or unflagged.

CrazyPhil, Tracker, smack and 9 others like this.
  7. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Sorry I wasn't there mate, you know I got your back!. I was in shardfall collecting beetles and saw one of my favorite guilds there a BMC guy and he was doing cotton as well, so of course that is competition, so I had to remove it.. a couple times he sent out the mayday 4 others showed up. That makes it a party now were talking, of course I couldn't kill them all. (although I did get a few!) So I had a friend join me for a little 2v5 which sounds fair to me.. yeah they ran we gave chase. Once in the PVE zone they didn't even want to party 5 v 2.. I don't get it.

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Nope way to weak for players that are abusing a system by attack from a no flagged position. Al it is doing is creating a gank of players who are roaming around attacking PvP flagged people and then just removing the "weak" flag they got for initiating a Pvp fight.

9. Selene

Selene Avatar

Still better than just leaving the zone to remove it. :D

CrazyPhil, smack, Time Lord and 6 others like this.
  10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I tried to warn everyone this would happen the day we adopted that damned flag... I'm glad some of you are waking up to the reality of the sims. o_O

11. ottomaddux

ottomaddux Avatar

nope.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. ottomaddux

ottomaddux Avatar

You don't come into my PvE zones flagged for PvP and I won't go into your PvP zones and we will be just fine.

13. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

So, what's the problem? You flagged, and now your mad you got ganked... Didn't you ever play UO? That happened to me any time I left the city... I would say "you need to be more prepared" and "you need to be prepared for a fight at anytime, my friend"... Players will always take advantage of you, so learn that lesson now... Sorry, I have no sympathy for what happened to you, but you were the one that flagged, you might as well been carrying a sign asking for a fight... Did you really think players would be Honorable, and respectful, and challenge you first? Maybe fight you 1 on 1 ? WoW, that never happens...

14. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

That's the point, and the problem. Non-flagged players can jump you unawares while you are flagged. In my IMAGINARY scenario, I was unable to cast my good spells, I was trying to purchase reagents, and otherwise would have been ready.

I'm against non-flagged players from participating so easily.

I'm aware thats how pvp players are, but to hide as a pve and then gank? That's what the game allows.

blaquerogue, Xail, stratigos and 5 others like this.
  15. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Typical... must learn yo lesson son...

Fister Magee and Time Lord like this.
  16. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Yes... Happens all the time, you should have known better... You did a dumb thing, so move on, don't sit around complaining about it now... Besides, you didn't loose anything, did you? Only your pride maybe... Being sucker punched by a bunch of strangers (or were they your friends?), don't do it again, and you'll be fine... If you do, bring your own gang, safety in numbers, you know...

Sorry, I'm not buying it...

Beli, Katrina Bekers and Time Lord like this.
  17. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Again, was an imaginary situation.. I know how PVP works lol anyway...

KuBaTRiZeS and Time Lord like this.
  18. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

All I know, is the current system deters me from enabling pvp flag on all the time, and I really would like to have this on, and to see more people with this flag on.

Until this is changed (to prevent nonflagged from attacking flagged, or more deterrents as per Weins suggestion), I will continue to only pve and consensual PVP as this is the only real fair way to participate in PVP. I am confident there would be a lot more more pvp enabled people with this simple request handled.

And loot, that's another battle for much later....

helm, Xail, stratigos and 4 others like this.
  19. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

I was going to play (I have not played for several weeks.) But I had the bad idea to go here.

Just think about this rule, I lost all desire to play.

I'll pass for now.

-Abydos

20. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Am I the only one finding this whole thing to be a bit ironic? Now if this were coming from someone we all knew just wanted to kill PvEers I'd be laughing.

As it is I happen to agree that unflagged shouldn't be able to just attack flagged willy nilly. My solution would be a selective invulnerability timer. That is.. you perform an action on a flagged player that gets you flagged.. you can't do anything to them for say 10 seconds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.