Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Taming - still the old bugs here from old releases

Discussion in 'Release 28 Bug Forum' started by Sindariya, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Bug 1) Can't tame "Huge Corpion" and Cats. Perhaps there are more.
    Bug 2) Can't trigger taming when animals is under animal charm.
    Bug 3) Skill "Collar Recovery" still don't shows any numbers.
    Bug 4) You need to have skilled Taming to be able to summon a pet. Sorry that is a bug for me.

2. agra

agra Avatar

And the only thing I'll add is:
    IF collars are only supposed to be consumed on success, then that's a bug since R26. During R26, collars were only consumed on success, and sometimes exempted from consumption on success, based on the collar consumption skill.
    For R27 and R28, collars were/are consumed on both failure and success, rather than just on success.
    It's a big IF, though. A bug was opened by DarkStarr in R27 due to the collars consuming on failure, so I'm presuming that's still bugged, as the behavior hasn't been changed back to the R26 behavior, yet, in R28. (today)
    Otherwise, and this is fine if this is the design goal, over 2000 silver ore are required, per player, to reach over 100 skill in Taming (500+ collars) plus bindings and straps.
    Again, that's all good if that's the design, however it would be nice to know if that's the real "working as intended" mechanic.

3. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

adding that the new animals are also not tameable, what means I can't trigger taming. I mean those new animals of rise.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The bug from R27 if I recall was from the claim that collars were being consumed 100% of the time regardless of Collar Recovery. That turned out to be not the case. It is by design for collars to be consumed on all taming attempts, both success and failure with varying chances of a collar being lost based on your level relation to the creature as well as your skill in Collar Recovery.

agra likes this.
  5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Sindariya

Bug 1) Can't tame "Huge Corpion" and Cats. Perhaps there are more.
    This is a known issue that we plan to resolve asap.

Bug 2) Can't trigger taming when animals is under animal charm.
    Upon review, this appears to be working as designed based on previous issue reports on this issue.

Bug 3) Skill "Collar Recovery" still don't shows any numbers.
    Still a known issue and is slated to be addressed for R29.

Bug 4) You need to have skilled Taming to be able to summon a pet. Sorry that is a bug for me.
    Don't all players start with this at base?

agra likes this.
  6. agra

agra Avatar

Thanks for the clarification. Let the silver wars begin. ;)

7. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Yes but is was changed because it was "stupid". Why do I need to tame till skill lvl 10 to be able to summon a pet. It was changed back, because of something like equal all skills by @Chris. We should be able to tame and summon. Not to get one of the skill on lvl 10 before we are able to get the other, they belong together.

My suggestion is, to put summon first and give each player it on skill lvl 10. Put on next tier the taming ( followed by all the passive skills like now) and healing the pet followed by rez. This way the taming trainer gets a use because we have finally tier 4 skills

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.