Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The Dragon is soloable in Grumvald.

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Duke William of Serenite, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Here it is in reddit.

If you look at the video the dragon us just chasing the guy around... Looks like the AI needs some tweaking.

He should fly around more and not when he is almost dead.

This is supposed to be a group challenge for 10+ people not something 1 guy with a bow can solo.

Royou, Time Lord, Malcipher and 6 others like this.
  2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Did you not notice how he was keeping the dragon on the ground?
    Watch it again....

Exactly....

That dragon is one of the top bosses and no way should it be able to be solo'd.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You all realize that there are tougher bosses and weaker bosses, right?

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Of course, and that dragon is one of the tougher ones - and it should NOT be able to be solo'd.

Sara Dreygon and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  6. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Of course he is soloable, as every enemy should be. Why? Because we have two single player modes in the game.

Time Lord, Arianna, Ice Queen and 6 others like this.
  7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

There's supposed to be some sort of companions in single players. Maybe the boss mobs will fight more intelligently by the time that get implemented?

8. Duke William of Serenite

Great lets say it can be soloed for single players sake.

However the dragon just chasing the guy for the entire fight tells us this is obvious a bug in the AI he took advantage of.

I almost feel asleep during this fight. There should be more action coming from the dragon besides just chasing the guy. When he backpedals out of reach the dragon should take flight and either tail slap him silly or breath fire on him from above.

Instead its just hunching towards him.

9. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I'll bet there was, in previous attempts, and probably many attempts were given until the player found a way that worked best. I'm sure they will tweak this boss, and many others, and we players will adapt and overcome. :) Fun times for all!

10. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I find soloers to be some of the more ingenious and adaptable sort of players. There is value in parties, but to be able to hold one's one is a right of passage for a solo player, there are many that play solo for this challenge.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  11. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

When bosses will be immune to stuns, slows (like the insane values of actual Water Magic - this dragon has been slowed for the entirety of the fight!), knockdowns, and all other CC, it will be fixed, don't worry.

Sara Dreygon and FrostII like this.
  12. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

I deserve a chance...a fair chance...no matter what you think, this is a darn game with a single player mode. Heard that s-i-n-g-l-e-p-l-a-y-e-r-m-o-d-e !

[​IMG]

Please dont take my humor wrong, its just that even if its a game with a single player option...some stuff simply isnt made to be soloable imho.

13. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

The dragons in Skyrim could be defeated alone, the wyverns and griffins in The Witcher 3. The dragons and trolls in the old Ultima games...
    A true hero can defeat a dragon - look at Sigurd and Fafnir.

14. Duke William of Serenite

You guys pushing for the single player is the demise of this MMO.

Remember these words.

stratigos, FrostII and Katrina Bekers like this.
  15. Julian Baskerville

Against it...you fight your solo war...and I keep repeating that the solo part is an option, an addon. No more. Naming me single player games is not a solution, its simply shows how far your from understanding that this is an MMO with an option for the bookreaders to enjoy the story with NPC's.

You, know..I apologized for my humour, sad thing.

Grrr...he names me single player games....grrrr...

stratigos likes this.
  16. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I must say I agree that even dragons should be able to defeat by true heroes without help. The quirk is on "a true hero" is. A true hero should be a character with a skill range beyond the softcap, with the best gear game can produce and handled by a high skilled player. Also, the fight should be thrilling and have the player on the edge everytime, making him choose between the skills he have available; one wrong step, one wrong choice, and poof, hero no more.

That doesn't mean i'd like to have a build/"level"/status that allows everyone with it to defeat a dragon solo. The point that MMO and Single Player have in common is that complete availability make something dull. Complete unavailability make something unfair. Is in having a chance where the epicness is.

To me, Jobe's feat is as epic as it is enlightening, since it shows that there's still a lot of work to be done regarding combat. He pulled off a massive achievement, there's no way to deny that, but the feeling is that he's relying on convenient skills and odd behaviors to defeat it, not having a truly epic battle. If i may highlight a point... have you noticed how many defensive skills did Jobe used? Exactly, only Douse and Healing touch; because the first is conveniently specific and the second is the obvious choice regarding defense.

There's no Single Player VS MMO here. There's just a combat system to be fixed, and that affects both playstyles.

17. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

And that is the difference. I and other sp fans think that SotA is a single player game with the option to play online like in an MMO. At least that is the impression the Kickstarter campaign gave.

My impression of the game was: This is a single player RPG like Skyrim (or like the old Ultimas) with a great story and great quests and if I want I can invite some friends to play with me or I can go into open online mode and meet some others, celebrate with them etc. Then when I want to do some quests again and have an adventure I play alone again and then I can defeat the dragon alone just like in any other single player RPG.

Interesting. We single player fans see it exactly the other way around.

Mata, Ice Queen, Sir Cabirus and 3 others like this.
  18. Julian Baskerville

Yes...and I thought the easter bunny and santa were real until I got 20. The one thing is what we "think" the other is was "is".

But...as everyone agreed, this dragon is bugged, the system is everything but flawless at the moment. And this is not the place for a headbangersballroom in matters gameplay.

What is important, is that we have fun. You in your way, me in mine.

Sara Dreygon and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  19. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

The question is, is SotA truly a MMORPG and no single player RPG? If it is both, then both modes are equal. And then both modes should get the same focus in terms of development and balancing etc.
    If SotA is first an foremost an MMO then the devs should just say so. If the single player isn't the focus anymore and will be just an addon, they should just say so. Because then I could be sure of what to expect from the game and then I wouldn't need to fight for a true SP experience anymore.

As for having fun: sure. Provided the SP mode is fun ;)

20. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Since when are outlanders Dovakin? You're comparing a game where dragons are meant to be soloable as part of the main plot vs one where they are not? Really? This isn't The Witcher 3 and it sure as heck isn't Skyrim.

Sara Dreygon, FrostII and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.