Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

When will we see the real death mechanics?

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. etertay

etertay Avatar

log horizon lol, I hope that they continue to develop the kind of meta backstory the intro started with. (offtopic but I had to let you know i got the reference)

Link_of_Hyrule likes this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Wouldn't it be interesting to have a separate hardcore server where your pledge and add-on will not be available, so everyone starts equal with perma death?

Korim Rackham and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  3. Lace

Lace Avatar

I played Dragonrealms which was basically a different version of Gemstone .. same company and all. I would find dead people, asking me to drag them back to town etc .. too funny.

Leelu and HoustonDragon like this.
  4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Holy crap, so I'm not the only one here who has played Gemstone III? (Actually I started in the last month of Gemstone II beta. GEMSTONE INTERNAL RESTART was a way of life. So was the player side freezing while monsters still ticked away every 10 seconds. IIRC, you couldn't even log out, long before that became a trope.)

Leelu and HoustonDragon like this.
  5. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Sadly, at the time, I was playing on my Prodigy account that was very time limited, so it wasn't uncommon to abruptly get the "Time Expired" message as I got booted with my character left in a bad spot :p

Leelu likes this.
  6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I agree that the way it is now that there is probably not enough penalty for dying. I don't think it's really problematic in the way that OP describes, but it does have a big impact on game balance when a character that kills fast and dies a lot gains xp at a much faster rate than a character that kills slower but rarely dies. I don't think it's that far off though and would definitely rather play a game where penalty for death is a little too light than one where it's too harsh.

Fister Magee likes this.
  7. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

I think death is fine as it is. We have the equipment degradation and severe stat penalty if you don't find an ank. I like the lesser penalty in favor of more exploration personally.

Sir Frank and Fister Magee like this.
  8. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I haven't not found an ankh in over a year.

9. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

True Roleplayer will delete their characters if they die, hows that for self imposed death mechanics.

Oninoshiko and Ice Queen like this.
  10. Floors

Floors Avatar

I imagined it would be fun to roam around giant maps as a ghost perhaps because I thought there might be cool elements to it or I could clip. But since neither of those happened, it just really isn't fun. I swear about 30 percent of all time spend with SoTA is just running around a map trying to find an ankh or leave to the world...it gets tiring, No other game makes me do this

argyle and Fister Magee like this.
  11. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Real death consequence for those following the Virtues properly requires complete deletion of your character. You are allowed to transfer the contents of your bank and personal property to your next of kin.

Once you die, go to your account login screen and DELETE your character. This feature has been implemented since release 5 or earlier, so far as I recall.

Don't break the Virtues or the Watchers will eat your soul.

12. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Log Horizon is basically SotA in Anime form I mean they even have "Adventurers" and then the regular game people.

13. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

hehe that sure works, if all the players you roleplay with follow the same rule :p

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.