Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please Add Silver Ingot With Metal Scraps Recipe for R29

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by agra, Apr 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agra

agra Avatar

In light of this:
    Please add a Silver Ingot recipe that uses metal scraps like all the other common ingot recipes. The current count of Taming Collars consumed, per player, to GM Taming, requires well over 500 silver ingots. As such, it seems reasonable that Silver ingots have the same availability and recipes as Iron and Copper ingots.
    OR
    Change the existing recipe to produce two silver ingots per Craft, rather than just one. This might help (although I'm still dubious) in satisfying demand for this gating mechanic of the Taming skill.

Otherwise, each player who wants to reach 100+ skill in Taming (which, given the current percentages, is the only point it's really useful) will be required to mine/acquire over 2000 silver ore, each. At ~30 seconds per harvest, and ~30 seconds between harvests, this places a ~33 hour obligation on each Tamer, which seems fairly onerous compared to other skills.

That's it. :)

Lace, Fister Magee, Mata and 2 others like this.
  2. Selene

Selene Avatar

I think if unwilling to adjust the recipe, silver should be more plentiful in mining. As it is now, it's hard to find, tedious to mine, and difficult to get enough ingots to raise taming.

3. Coconut

Coconut Avatar

nope leave it as is, silver needs to be just as rare as it is

stratigos likes this.
  4. Noric

Noric Avatar

Since silver was changed from being only at Graff I've had no issues mining it.

Your 33 hour number does not take into account mining multiple silver at once or meticulous collection. I believe that I could mine that number of ore in a far lower time.

stratigos and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  5. agra

agra Avatar

I thought I was estimating low, given it typically takes far longer than 30 seconds to find the next node. Certainly, though, I was considering a worst case scenario. I seriously doubt meticulous would remove even 10% off that 33 hours, in practice. But I could be wrong. :) Even if it was half the time investment required, it's still an incredible burden to place on Tamers, when no other skill in the game is gated in this fashion.
    It's not like you can mine 24x7. It's that time IN ADDITION to normal play time that would get sucked into this vortex of pain.

6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

How about finding a dedicated miner to supply you with silver in exchange for future pet(s)?

If you can't find any willing, contact me and we can work something out.

Noric, stratigos and margaritte like this.
  7. Noric

Noric Avatar

I just mined 51 silver ore in 8 minutes. At that rate it would be a little under 5.5 hours of mining time to GM taming. Or additionally you could buy silver from crafters that often sell it. Now 5.5 hours might be a bit optimistic but i honestly don't think 10 hours of mining is that crazy if you want to mine your own silver to GM taming.

8. agra

agra Avatar

Sure, and what are your current mining skills? There is the additional aspect to consider that you have the time investment to skill them up to whatever that is, as well. And it's not just 5.5 hours, it's 5.5 hours of mining time included in play.
    If it's a design goal that all Tamers are GM miners, ok, great. But if not, I think the recipe request is reasonable.
    51 silver in 8 minutes, without meticulous or crits, that's not going to happen for a new miner. It's over 30 seconds per attempt to mine silver inside a mining scene, initially. And you fail over half the time up to 75 skill.

9. Noric

Noric Avatar

Honestly, taming is not like other combat skills. There's a reason that I've had a guildmate offer 1 million gold to the first person to show him a better monster to tame. Taming is both a trade skill(a lucrative one at that) AND a combat skill. The time investments for effective crafting are immense (and often involve a lot more than 10 hours of gathering). Why should taming get an easier time?

10. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

i think this is the better solution, but i also think silver should just stay as-is. im fine with it being frustratingly hard to become GM animal tamer. I dont think it should be easy.

Daxxe Diggler and Honador like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.