Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Request: Now that the regions are in can we move the Hidden Vale ferry to its real location?

Discussion in 'Release 28 Feedback Forum' started by Spoon, Apr 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yes, I understand all of that.

What I was trying to ask Darkstarr was basically if there would continue to be VERY EASY travel between Novia and the Vale even though it completely goes against the grain of the lore. I mean I get it, there looks like there's a quest to smuggle people out of the Vale, and that makes sense. But does it make sense to do this 100 times a day? Does it make sense for someone living in the Vale to just constantly move between the two areas? I don't think it does. I think that cheapens the lore considerably. It makes the NPC's sound like they're in some kind of meaningless stagnation that Avatars can ignore.

2. Drocis the Devious

It's the HIDDEN VALE, it's supposed to be isolated.

The lore is supposed to mean something.

3. Drocis the Devious

That assumes it will stay that way. I'm not convinced that another control point isn't being put into the game based on the most recent hangout and the stnad up notes. I don't have a quote though. It would be nice if the devs could confirm if this was on the schedule.

Moiseyev Trueden, smack and Time Lord like this.
  4. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Nice to see it will have a pathway to match the map. :)
    I just hope with the new PRT's we are getting, there will be some in Hidden Vale, not a lot of row/city/keep/castle lots there atm.

Time Lord, Moiseyev Trueden and Leelu like this.
  5. smack

smack Avatar

They're going to have to redo all the quests on The Hidden Vale as it is not consistent with the main story. You go from the Isle of Storms to one of three cities on Novia. If you then take the boat from Brittany to Kingsport (once changed), you're now told by the residents of The Hidden Vale that the boats aren't sailing (and haven't been for quite some time), that you're trapped there with the other agents of the Oracle, and you have to complete the Ravensmoor quest.

I think it's been acknowledged that none of the quests on The Hidden Vale are accurate in any way and they will do another pass at them post-wipe. I hope they correct this flaw in the story or change it so that if you arrive on The Hidden Vale for the first time, that's the trigger for the uprising and then you have to complete the Ravensmoor quest to be able to return via boat. And I hope that supplies are more expensive, and continues to both rise and dwindle, for as long as you're on The Hidden Vale without resolving this quest. Also, I don't think the Lunar Rift on Owl's Head should be working either as I think it was said that was shut down as well. It would make going to The Hidden Vale a more meaningful act if you decide to take that on once you arrive on Novia. And it would make it a more interesting place to go to when you're told the backstory upon arrival, or even prior to arrival, perhaps even by a quest starting from Britanny.

I'm hoping travel via sea is not that easy either, as it should be a dangerous adventure to do so. But we have:

Because MMO? :rolleyes:

Anyways, as said above, boats will be on schedules, but it will be interesting to see how often those schedules run. If the lunar rift on Owl's Head is functional, will that (lunar cycle) run faster or slower than the boats?

Totally agreed. They should redo all the quests and NPCs on The Hidden Vale so that it is a more meaningful place to visit with lore that engages you and gets you interested in going there and doing its quests. Especially more so such that it's not a throw-away "starter island" in a typical MMO *cough* ESO *cough*.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

OK, that's fine. I just hope people aren't expecting a lot of traffic for their vendors.

7. Drocis the Devious

No one is guaranteed traffic for their vendors. Anyone that shows up here crying about foot traffic will get no sympathy from me.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL, I suspect not.

9. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Yes.

:).

If I lived in drachfelds it would make more sense there - to me.

I'm bad. Sorry.

10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

For those of you that have access to the QA server - the change is in.

Time Lord, Duchess Fionwyn and Leelu like this.
  11. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This. The Hidden Vale lore/quests were actually written before the story was completed, back prior to R1. They are massively out of date and will be trashed and redone.

Elwyn, smack, Time Lord and 8 others like this.
  12. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I agree. I still think the easiest way to handle this is to make the boat-ride from Brittany to Kingsport into a Control Point. You have to defend the ship, or it sinks and you end up somewhere else (possibly near Port Graff?). Thus, the lore still makes sense, but its possible to get there.

Elwyn, Time Lord, Leelu and 1 other person like this.
  13. Drocis the Devious

Read on, Lum says they're throwing out that lore because it's out of date. So we'll have to wait and see what the new lore holds.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'm not sure they need to be trashed; there is a lot of great lore there. It might need tweaked, as long as the Vale is sufficiently separated from Novia.

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.