Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Combat pets

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Chatele, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

What are the combat pets, don't see them. Are they the spells you get in magic? Are they pets you tame? Are they pets that will fight with you that you get in game or add on store? Because I don't see any other type of Combat pet, just non combat ones.... Asking because I read mentioned somewhere the word "Combat Pets" ...
    I want one :cool:

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

tamables

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Right now there is only one combat pet, which would be the chest mimic founder era pledge reward.
    However on top of that you have tamed creatures which sometimes are given the misnomer combat pet.
    The tamed cratures are collected/tamed from creatures in the wild and turns out as a whistle you blow to summon them. As such they can be traded with other players - which potentially can be very lucrative trade although the grind and the learning curve early on is steep.

4. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

TY, I prefer being able to bye one, I don't have the patience to craft all I need to be able to tame anything, too many steps. And GOLD in this game is scarce. SO I imagine it would cost me an arm and a leg. I would like to keep both attached to me ;) SO, then to have a tamed pet, all I would need is the whistle? and perhaps a skill? if so, which skill would I need to successfully summon one and not have it be a weakling , have it fight for me, and would it get stronger as it does? ..... SUMMON PET is that all I'd need? ty

5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

You'd also need collars and whistles, both are resource-heavy in the long run I believe (leather, iron, silver i think).. :( At least it was this way before.. I wish it would be easier to train this skill.. well, easy as in, not using so many resources!

Yes, buy a whistle trained from someone else if possible, that's what I'll be trying to do...

6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

If you don't care to pursue a career as a tamer yourself, the easiest thing is to buy a summoning whistle from another player who is a tamer. Some players set up shop and sell from their personal vendor, but it is worthwhile to check public vendors as well. In R27 I saw summoning whistles for large red spiders being sold for anywhere between 5,500 gold and 10,000 gold, so it is worth shopping around for the best price. Some summoning whistles had added stats like +2 strength, so were worth paying more for. You must wear the whistle in the necklace slot on your paper doll, and add the Summon Tamed Creature glyph to your non-combat bar. To summoning n the pet, activate the glyph. I don't know if all avatar builds have this skill and glyph when starting out. If not, the Taming trainer can be found in Braemar, I believe. If your pet dies, you can currently quickly exit the scene you are in to get it back, or you can learn the Heal Creature and Resurrect creature skills. If your pet appears to be near death, you can quickly recall it with F5 to save its life. If you do lose your pet, a tamer can use the whistle to tame another one for you.

Zader likes this.
  7. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

The mimic pet does not gain the bonuses from the Taming Skill line, at least for me it has not been working, no increase in level/ health

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I do not mind that you do not want to train to tame one . . . .

But

This is one of the major problems I see with taming as it stands now. People are just going to buy the most powerful pet they can ( and as it stands that is the strongest avail). This is good for the taming profession as they can then sell these pets . . . . But leaves a huge disparity in how they are controlled.

I am sorry but something like UO (yeah I said it) has to be implemented, and that is some kind of control level for pets.

A Player with only summoning should in no way be able to control the Ferocious Red Spider, no chance. There has to be some kind of control level / level of pet.

Please do not get al upset about a taming profession and a viable market, I am all for it, but some kind of control over pets has to be there to make it even remotely sensible / logical.

9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Just make something equivalent of attunement for taming. That way people who don't like to tame pet may still have a chance to get an average OK pet, let's say elder wolves or large red spiders by just having all the innates and support taming skills up.

If people can only control the pet that they can tame, then there will be almost no market for buy/sell pets.

Birne, Weins201 and Fister Magee like this.
  10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Agree never said able to tame able to control :) Just some kind of control mechanism :)

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Birne like this.
  11. Mercymay

Mercymay Avatar

I'm a new player and playing a ranger and I always like to gather everything I need as money at the beginning of every game is scarce. I can't mine silver though as Im not a high enough level which I think is ridiculous as I should be able to start taming straight away as a ranger and not have to leave it till I'm tier 4 or 5 to start leveling taming.

12. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

That skill is yet to be released, all pets are weaklings. That said it's always nice to have company if you play solo ;D

Well to craft the items needed to tame you need a crafter, you can start taming day 1 if you buy the needed materials. Taming collars now drop in loot from time to time

It is however horribly expensive and a not worth skill IMO but changes are coming they say... been holding my breath forever :eek:

Mykll likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.