This game has been taking backward steps since R12

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by swampthing, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swampthing

swampthing Avatar

This game used to be fun. What happened. Now it is pretty much unplayable. Every release this game gets worse. Should just revert back to R12 and start over from when this game was good.

Korim Rackham likes this.
  2. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Gotta say I couldn't disagree with any statement ever made on these forums as much as I disagree with this statement. SOTA gets better and more fun every single release. The game is the complete opposite from being unplayable. You should try providing feedback regarding what you don't like about aspects of the game instead of coming in here making blanket statements that contribute nothing to anything. What is making the game unplayable for you? What did you like about R12 that you feel was better than what is in the game now? There is a forum specifically for giving feedback on the release where your feedback will be better observed here https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/release-29-feedback-forum.567/

3. swampthing

swampthing Avatar

This game has more bugs than I can count. Crashes all the time. Terrible engine. Terrible targeting. Spells and skills are no where close to being balanced. In R12 at least pvp was fun and exciting. Now its like they just waste all their time adding content like pretty couches. Its crap.

Blackghost and Sir_Hemlock like this.
  4. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

It's great to have you here!

5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

But you think they pretty, sounds like you like something at least :)

6. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Yes there are bugs and you acknowledge and accept that fact when you see the warning before you log into the game. You can report bugs that you come accross here https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?categories/release-29-bug-forum.568/ We would all love to see you post some that you have found so they can be fixed and the game improved.

Targeting is wonky right now and the devs know and have stated it will be improved, so trust your feedback on that subject is a shared feeling among the majority of the community.

Womby and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  7. swampthing

swampthing Avatar

Oh I know that, I have played every release. Have thousands of hours logged. I'm just saying it gets WORSE every release. Not better at all. And I've been saying that for over a year. Just voicing my opinion because this game used to be good. I have invested money in it and would like it to be a good game. But at this point it seems like this game will never be good as much as I would like it to be. You have lost your mind thinking this game gets better every release LOL you must be kidding.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I think most releases get better. This particular release is bad two different reasons.

1. Unity has a memory leak that is causing crashes.
    2. The new targeting system has caused bugs. This is a known issue being fixed.

9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I'm kind of with Swampthing here. I had much more fun in the earlier releases......in saying that I haven't really leveled up as much since........but in all honestly the new targeting system has just killed it for me.

EDIT: Oh and i'm not talking about bugs in the targeting system......i'm talking about the targeting system.

10. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

And I'm enjoying the new system so were on opposite sides the fence there.

11. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

I hope you were paid in store credits to say the new targeting system is enjoyable on a public forum LOL

12. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

So if you have played thousands of hours total and played in every release and have been saying the game gets worse every release...

how is it you only have 34 posts?

Looking through your history it appears that nearly all of your posts have to do with only PvP and few are what I would even graciously call 'constructive criticism'. I see exactly ONE post, mentioning that at night the game is too dark to even play, that could at least be called useful in some way.

So if the game sucks so bad and is only getting worse, and you haven't helped the devs understand what you feel is so bad about it or what to do about it, isn't the state of the current game at least partially YOUR fault?

13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I've got 3,875 posts and 9,802 likes and I agree with him to some extent..........................explain that one away.

14. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Because some people spend more time playing the game then posting in the forums would be my guess. I unfortunately spend more time in the forums these days then in game for similar reasons to the OP. I do play every release though!

15. swampthing

swampthing Avatar

They aren't paying me to be a game tester Lol. I play for fun PVP, that is all.

Leelu likes this.
  16. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

Envy, I am well aware of how much you have contributed your opinion to help the devs make the game better. I'm not saying his, or your, opinion isn't valid (or even that I don't share it). I am saying that his making his roughly 30th post in the history of the game is to say "this sucks, make it like it was 1.5yrs ago" is neither helpful or valuable to anyone.

Max Bendis, Vyrin, Acred and 3 others like this.
  17. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

This is the same guy that was crying about the only two people he plays with getting banned for exploitation last year. He was trying to say they were just trying to find bugs yet he could not produce any information to suggest they had reported anything. He seems to care about the game though but he hardly ever provides any useful feedback.

18. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I think I preferred R1. Hardly any bugs with the plethora of content/skills/items/animations/sounds/wearables/scenes/crafting/etc. that were available then.

All the tons of "everything new" added since R1 to develop the game has done is cause more bugs. It almost seems like the more content that is added has increased chance to cause more bugs.

I'm hoping that when development of the game ends that the game will be developed.

19. swampthing

swampthing Avatar

Ok? me xail and Jacob canaan make up for like 50% of the pvp population on this entire game so yeah I was kind of pissed they got banned for using a pvp exploit that EVERONE used. Why are u even talking about old stuff?

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  20. Kensing Ton

Kensing Ton Avatar

Then why did you throw money at a game in its testing phase?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.