Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

XXX is now Offline. XXX is now online................

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Abydos, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Yea names arnt needed.
    Most those guys are my friends and good people.

There are legit hardcore players out there.

2. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

The real problem is the amount of experience it gives.

Net, Lazlo, Moonshadow and 3 others like this.
  3. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Had fun at the PvP tournament but yeah.. 10x gm with 650hp was my first opponent. Would be nice if there was a craftable item that works with wall segments so you could put one of the force fields like in the invisible maze on the perimeter of an arena... that way the folks inside of the arena don't have to deal with their spells hitting the crowd so much.

Once I had an idea of how far behind I was after participating in the tournament, I knew I wouldn't be able to compete in PvP so I started killing the ghost corpion to catch up and get my skills raised. I have to go on vacation a few weeks after the server goes permanent so I'll probably never catch up to folks who power game 24/7. So the folks who participate the most in PvE will be the best PvPers. meh.

4. Lacey

Lacey Avatar

I'm not quite sure who you are referring to from my guild however I can tell you that most of the experience that has been gaining has been in deep ravenswood... we go in as a group divide into different areas and collect xp in our adventuring pool... this is not an exploit its just good teamwork... people that do kill the ghostcorpion normally kill it once or twice then leave it alone.. we have a lot of extremely active and hard working individuals in our guild... they grind hard so they can succeed in the virtue league... some of our members love pvp and those of us who do not we love to cheer them on... you are always welcome to come into our teamspeak and listen to us all... its all in good fun....

5. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I apologize EVL guild for my accusation and for the generalization. Sure, most of you, didn`t used it. Henceforth I will make printscreens if I will make such claims.

Jade2 likes this.
  6. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Mode hopping to farm the ghost corpion is waaaay slower exp than AoE farming. Also killing it uses very few activated abilities so it is also a slow path for GM skills. Without the option to switch to friends online mode when the server is full, every high tier area becomes an annoying trollfest. Sometimes you just feel like adventuring uninterrupted with other people that don't irritate you. As for EVL, they have members that put in as much time if not more than i do when grinding.. the result is what you see.

7. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

In general on a VERY high level in the RISE yes. And I`m sure that 102 STR guys will use same tactics in it, if it possible.
    But the problem is this scorp is extremely weak it can be killed very fast in solo.
    Scorp gives 25k exp, if i`m not wrong the same ammount you will get if you kill 10-13 hardened skeletons with 450+hp each. I know only one place there they are in this ammount in a small zone in 5 level location. But solo AOE killing of such amount its much harder task mainly becouse of archers and 5k hp in a sum.

8. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

You raise some interesting points, but the ghost corpion being easy to kill doesn't mean the ghost corpion is the only thing that's broken. The Ghost Corpion is just the tip of the iceberg... fixing it will just lead to another zone/monster to farm.

This is not about the Ghost Corpion, it's about character progression as a whole, and other of the issues caused by that is how convenient is AOE killing/massive killing in zones with a party. All branches of the same tree :D

9. Womby

Womby Avatar

This has been an interesting read, and I have a couple of thoughts about broad measures that would kill some of these exploits. Most people won't like them, but that's OK because they stand little to no chance of being implemented. Relax. :)

1. When you switch to Single Player Online mode you also switch to a temporary clone of your avatar that shares inventory but has it's own skill progression. So, your multiplayer avatar does not benefit from any skills selected/levelled up by your SPO avatar. Only it's inventory is affected.
    2. When you exit the game or exit to menu, on re-entering the game you are placed at the entrance to the scene that contains your designated recall location.

Yes, there are problems with these ideas. A couple that I have thought of:
    - step 1 will cause speed levellers to invade multiplayer resource scenes, leaving a trail of dead creatures wherever they go.
    - step 2 will present a minor exploit for people who don't want to waste recall scrolls and live reasonable close to their scene entrance; it will also suck if the game crashes after you have fought your way down to the bottom level of your favourite mine (I'm assuming that the game crash problem will be fixed before launch).

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  10. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

okay, As the 10xGM person at the tourney, that was me, ... If i have done something wrong il hold my hands up... but i put much time into killing that corpion, over and over, Im one of those, once i set my mind to something thats It... some find it tedious, boring and not worth it, thats their perogative, the beauty of this game as i have said many times before, is it caters to all playstyles, As long as a persons playstyle has no direct effect on how YOU play the game, you have no right or place to Argue with them :) And as for the constant logging in/out, Granted its overpowered, but as themo Lock Said, Aoe farming is Faster and Legit, im sure the devs Will think of something come final wipe but until then, lets all just get along and help each other if we can!! :

P.S.. I have 15GM's Now >.<

11. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

And as a side note, I will not have anyone dictate To me how i play the game, i have experienced this over the last few weeks from people supposed to be friends, I play this game because i love it, because i feel like i have a 2nd Home here, i play a certain way and as long as it doesnt interfere with other people and how they play, Then leave me Be or anyone else for that matter, just concentrate on your own gameplay and enjoy the game for what it is, knowing that eventually, the game will be where it needs to be..

Acred, Dantuin, Chatele and 8 others like this.
  12. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

The way i play , the GM's I have Collected, were inspired By Seeing @Themo Lock , And all the things he achieved in the game, i set myself a goal to Get to that level, to reach 100 before final wipe, I look up to people like this, the true Heroes of the game if you will, that Demonstrate if you dedicate enough time, you can reach your goal :)

13. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

i also understand that there are people who like to adventure and arent obsessed with levelling or gaining exp, thats awesome! But there are some Hypocrites i have to say, Because those very same people knocking this have no problem leeching/Using Someones GM's theyve gained from Corpion killing over and over... to advance their own...

14. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Different 'bug' I believe. One is Vertas, the other is Corpion. Both have people logging on/off repeatedly.

For the record, getting XP is no excuse for gaming the system. I work my ass off for my XP. 30 GMs last wipe, and no in/out BS unless I'm crashing. No GM's this time, lvl 76, not logging in/out this time either, just taking my time, don't wanna get burned before persistency. I kill the Corpion too, I just do it like a human being. I go grind, and stop in Wyrmsands every chance I get. Its not tough to trap the Corpion in the ribs and just stand there.

15. Womby

Womby Avatar

I applaud your goals, however every time someone logs out and in again the server has to spin up a new scene, including asset downloads, etc. Sure, they could optimise for the case where you re-enter the same scene in a different mode. Unfortunately they don't seem to have anticipated this. That's fine if it's one person, but if it becomes routine for everyone to do it then I imagine that might be a problem for Portalarium.

Personally I think if someone is switching to the same scene in a different mode I would suggest simply bypassing the asset loading and initialisation stages, presenting people with the scene in exactly the same state that they left it.
    Sadly, it's probably not that simple.

16. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

The Ghost Corpion is such an XP pinata because currently people have 2x XP to burn which makes it the most efficient way to gain levels at a certain stage in progression, at least until you are able to enter and solo either the Rise or control points. That being the case after final wipe without 2x XP it simply won’t be worth it.

I think KuBaTEiZes has the right idea, its more about how the progression system is currently and providing adequate level appropriate creatures at every stage in the process.

17. himmelweiss

himmelweiss Avatar

Working as intended i would say :p
    Works exactly like designed, that`s not what i would define as an exploit.

Never killed the corpion. But i understand people who are making use of the instance resetting mechanics.

Ofc. I still hope that the devs come up with something.
    Because you even can farm some ressources quite quick with resetting the instance (Tower for example).

Now Vertas is another story. That`s definetly a bug & exploit :p

18. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

no it isnt

Spinok likes this.
  19. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Yeah that's true... but it's someting strange nonetheless. I'd go for a desing flaw, one that comes from the level experience system that should be ditched and improved.
    Thanks! but I think the rabbit hole goes deeper. It's not just matter of creating more XP levels, but to redesign it into a real activity meter. After all, that's why the XP pool is there, to monitor player activity. We should get rid of the kill to level model that's fitting for a level based progression, and swap it for something more meaningful for what the game is meant to be.
    When you can kill lots of ferocious spiders at once like Themo does... i think it is. And even more if you reset the instance to make all the spiders respawn.

Just take away the "kill mob from level X get Y amount of XP" replace it with something else and suddenly lots of problems are gone.

20. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Sounds like all they need to do is make the mob stronger and put code in that recognizes you already beat it on your account and give you lower xp or something like that.

It was my understanding you weren't always going to be able to instantly switch over between online modes that you were going to have to wait for a cool down timer to switch. Is this still the plan @DarkStarr ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.