Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

XXX is now Offline. XXX is now online................

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Abydos, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

They do have a section in thier eula saying exploiters will be handled when caught. It just doesnt matter currently

Retro and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  2. warxnox

warxnox Avatar

Since you Can log in SPOnline in PvP area it would be pointless...

Leostorm likes this.
  3. Net

Net Avatar

Nooo, I cannot visit mines because of them and you want them everywhere:D Seriously skeletal archers are really dangerous against cloth. Seriously I should get way more xps for dealing with them:D

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Archers are the deadliest thing to everybody, its also the only raged npc type that poses a challenging threat

5. Womby

Womby Avatar

It is very easy for Portalarium to discover exploits, since they control the database. All that's required is modification to the database update code to check for abnormal rates of increase in XP, gold, resources, etc. If someone's XP or loot is rising way faster than the norm they can flag the account and current location for closer monitoring. They may not have that specific solution in place, but I expect they have something equivalent.

6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

This is my experience also, and oddly enough the NPC archers seem to use hard targeting because they always hit me no matter what is in the way and their shots never ever shoot off wildly to the side hitting innocent bunnies and deer like mine do when I'm facing a certain target. o_O

7. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Do we have any communication from Devs about this issue ?

8. Beli

Beli Avatar

@Abydos A little birdie told me the devs are aware of this issue and are working on a solution. You would be surprised what all the devs are monitoring.

9. Inevitability

Inevitability Avatar

They can not put in a solution next release though would be totally unfair for everyone else... Let these guys farm corpian to 100 then get rid of it so noone else can reach 100 that easy... So if you fix this then there should be some sort of negative xp for the people doing it...

Last edited: May 16, 2016
    Oba Evesor likes this.
  10. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

30 & 31 don't matter ad much as 32!

Should just put the spider cave back to the way it was. No need to log in and out. Let people soar to level 90 plus and test for the last few releases prior to the final wipe.

KuBaTRiZeS and Oba Evesor like this.
  11. agra

agra Avatar

If they haven't fixed it by now, it's working as intended, or they don't care. They will not roll it back. (feel free to jump in here anytime and correct me Portalarium devs.. yep that's what I thought)
    The only thing that matters is what they do after July 28th, 2016. Everything prior to that can be hand-waved away as "before persistence".

Watching persistent multiplayer onling gaming companies, over the past 20 years, try to use selective rollbacks without testing them publicly, prior to persistence, is a guaranteed recipe for failure. So we've got that failure to look forward to in August/September.

Given the way the player base has been utilizing exploits since day 1 with this game, I have every expectation that trend will continue until the offenders are banned from the game, permanently.
    You want to see a PR nightmare? Try to ban someone that's paid over $1000, or over $5000, or over $10,000 to play the game. Think that'll happen? :) Hasn't happened yet.

12. Beli

Beli Avatar

There has already been 24 hour bans handed out. Thats alll I can say about that :)

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  13. Inevitability

Inevitability Avatar

They can tell who is doing it and roll back their xp not the whole server.. It does not matter now you say????? So this player that gets to 100 lvls can test more skills easily and know whats good for official release unlike people who do it legit and only can test 1/4 of skills and spells in game..

14. Inevitability

Inevitability Avatar

I don not believe that for one second.. I know the most highly used log out-log inner and he has not been banned.. because if he was he would still not be doing it...

15. agra

agra Avatar

<IMHO>
    It matters to me, it may matter to you. I'm saying it doesn't matter to Portalarium enough to make them roll it back now.

Honestly, removing this source of XP would highlight some rather uncomfortable truths that would be worse for the game than a single exploitable monster.
    What do I mean by that? It's been discussed at length in this and the other Ghost Corpion thread, but in summary, the current implementation makes it trivial to reach adventure level 50, and makes it (without exploitation/abuse) a rather tedious (some would say intolerable) grind for adventure levels 60-100.

Put simply, if a flagship feature is the classless nature of personal character progression and use-based advancement for personal character power, yet there really aren't a whole lot of options to acquire the XP necessary in a reasonable time frame, (compared to 1-50) for 60-100, that's embarrassing and illogical. It highlights an unaddressed fundamental design and implementation flaw/problem/issue.
    Given the amount of time and effort that has thus far gone into this design, to leave such an obvious logical flaw unaddressed so long, (to and beyond persistence) well there's no nice way to say that, so I won't. hehehe.
    </IMHO>

Moiseyev Trueden, KuBaTRiZeS and Beli like this.
  16. Noric

Noric Avatar

Do you remember how they accidentally banned several people at the start of a recent release because their numbers for legit possible XP were off?

It is not a trivial task to selectively roll back a significant number of accounts programmatically.

I share all of the concerns @agra voiced above. This is a challenging subject to address properly, and Portalarium doesn't have much time before persistence to prove they even have part of it right.

KuBaTRiZeS, agra and Beli like this.
  17. Inevitability

Inevitability Avatar

This all sounds like a fancy way to make it seem like logging off and on to reset instances is okay in some sort of way??? What about control points or the rise? Themo seems to say that lvling there is better then the corpian... Your explanation makes it sound "ok" to cheat...Sorry but not sorry..

18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

It's not working as intended, and they will get around to it.

Anythign beyond 45$ is a donation made with knowledge of the rules they have set in place. And its known by the people donating that if they break the rules, they will be banned.

I dont think how quickly your levels are achieved gives you an advantage in trying out skills. Jsut that you achieve them. And msot skills can be made 90% effective very quickly6 withotu exploiting.

Peopel shootign to top levels via bugs in-game are bypassing lower levels which also need testing

Its also important durign testign to find exploits. the people who fidn them most efficiently are those who wish to find the easiest route to the top whether or not its intended to be legitimate

You can reach 80 within a couple of months playign the game without relentlessly grinding the most efficient XP faucets. that doesnt seem too unreasonable to me. Most people want long term goals to shoot for.

KuBaTRiZeS, Retro, Womby and 3 others like this.
  19. Inevitability

Inevitability Avatar

If it gets reset every 3 months it for sure as hell does

20. Noric

Noric Avatar

We've had months of people doing this stuff with no punishment, so a good portion of the community may now have the perspective that it is normal. Additionally, there are people that test this stuff, report (be it publicly or privately) and move on to consider how to act towards. Finally we have bugs that are avoided in similar fashion ( I relog before recalling from a mine because otherwise I crash, lose my scroll and don't go anywhere)

I am not advocating using relogging to reset instances (and don't rely on it myself), but transitioning a community (particularly a paying one) from total nonenforcement to full enforcement involves a lot of grey area that needs to have a coherent and well communicated policy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.