Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

XXX is now Offline. XXX is now online................

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Abydos, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I talked with Starr about this issue and the team is looking into it as we speak. Once we have a better understanding of the occurrence, I'll have Starr reply here with a follow-up. We'll do what we can to make it as clear as possible what gameplay issues we're aware of and how they may be resolved or improved upon.

For player-centric concerns, I'll be reviewing what actions should be taken when a player infringes upon the rules and guidelines we've established for the betterment of the community. The current rules and guidelines stand for now, so please continue to be wonderful community members as you (the Community) have here and let us know of concerns in a non-combative manner :).

2. Noric

Noric Avatar

Really glad to see you reply in here.

Moiseyev Trueden and Berek like this.
  3. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Great !

Moiseyev Trueden and Berek like this.
  4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yet again another design flaw that they will have to figure a fix for.

Though this one seams like it will be more difficult than some of the other ones.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  5. agra

agra Avatar

The what now? Educate the ignorant! :)

Moiseyev Trueden and margaritte like this.
  6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

im suprised your not.

7. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

heres a thing why not just remove people from an instanced area and put them back in the overworld map when they log out\in this removes the chance of log spawning and there is no need for penalties or restrictions ect

8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Because when the game crashes to desktop for no apparent reason, it is nice to Resume where you left off (the crashes are too plentiful to take that from us yet!) :) Changing modes can be done for other reasons than the exploit mentioned here actually.. but it is the focus of this thread! :)

9. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We're considering expanding the time that it takes to before a new instance spawns, and possibly putting you back into the same instance you came from until that time expires.

10. agra

agra Avatar

That's already the case and it's already 6+ minutes. The issue is mode hopping, not stale instance longevity.
    I mean, you can increase it if you want, but it's going to be even more pointless cpu/memory load on the servers hosting/retaining those empty instances, while the player merrily hops along to another new instance in another mode. :)

It seems... a bit of a knee jerk reaction to change something like stale instance longevity, which will potentially have a massive impact on load, which may affect everyone, versus just changing the XP reward of the monster in question and rolling back all the XP from any EULA violations. Or removing the monster in question and rolling back all the XP from any EULA violations.

If there aren't any EULA violations, then everything is working as intended, although you could make the XP reward change in the name of "balance".

11. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Don't think they are going to roll back anything with the wipe coming. Hope they don't leave it as it is though... we could say it's bugged as intended for now? :p

I do agree that Changing the XP the mob gives sounds better than increase instance longevity, but that left the rest of issues that comes from mode hopping are not solved that way. I still think that it needs to be looked at deeply, and come with a progression that fits the use based system and prevents all the issues altogether.

margaritte likes this.
  12. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

If they clearly exploited once persistance is in things like that need to be punished. One of the things why I am against persistance in
    Early access is that some people can get big unfair advantages because of more available exploits due to the development stage of the game.
    I dont thing they damage done is so big.. but it might be percieved as such by many.

13. Xail

Xail Avatar

The Corpion was there from previous release at least...and even than everybody knew...if it was considered a problem I think 2 minutes to fix it would be spend...just dropping the xp it gives would do the trick...maybe I'm missing something...

14. Xail

Xail Avatar

...and...there is also the aspect that maybe the real problem is being able to kill it so easily...mainly thx to others bugs...

15. Xail

Xail Avatar

Just to avoid misunderstanding...I would have toned down Corpion XP and fixed slow effects long time ago...probably the management had other priorities and/or points of view and that' s fine with me...

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  16. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Don't change the XP it drops, or those of us who aren't using the exploit will feel that we need to USE the exploit to compete all of a sudden.. I don't want to have to do that. Fix the way the mobs spawn between the three modes and whether you are in a party or not (that is the exploit). There will be other high XP mobs, not just the Corpion.. so, fix the source of the issue, not the mob.

Beli, Moiseyev Trueden and margaritte like this.
  17. Net

Net Avatar

I think that at least for bosses there might be some sort of cooldown for xp. So if you kill boss first time a dyay you get xp, but if you kill it again within the next hour you will not get anymore xp no matter what mode yo uare in. I think the ability to switch to friends only and to join the ssame instance as your friends are in is more important, please do not prevent players to join their friends just because some people use that to exploit instancing.

Also there is another reason to change instance. In all the graff mines clone scenes the resources take ages to spawn, the NPCs spawn quickly. Really in a lot of scenes it takes ages for resources to regenerate and it is especially issue when you are in party and multiple people are gathering. I wish scenes were larger, rich in resources and resources spawn quicker if there is less of them spawned on. The more resources is gathered the faster they should spawn. Of course NPCs need to spawn too , but they should not spawn too quickly, it is issue when I was lower level and it took ages to mine single node of ore and the NPCs were respawning before I cleared the room, there has to be some sort of dynamic balance to compensate for the level of people in area and their numbers.

margaritte likes this.
  18. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

An 'xp cooldown' would only make bosses pointless. That would be a lot of development resources used for mobs noone would bother with.

19. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Instead of making zones stay open longer, would it be possible to record the state of the zone or particular things in it upon closing and check the recorded state upon opening a new instance of the same zone?

Fister Magee likes this.
  20. Noric

Noric Avatar

I think the Corpian might need some fixes as well, but i think you are right on the priority of what to fix.

@Berek I am glad to see there is action being considered, but i share the concern of others that the exploit is not directly addressed by the changes. From what i understand of the situation (which i admit is limited), only the most simplistic version of this exploit will be impacted by changing that timer.

@Net If you check the r29 bug section there is a thread about the node spawns inside mines. There was a change that triggered a slowdown and i believe there is a fix pending r30.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.