Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

XXX is now Offline. XXX is now online................

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Abydos, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

I strongly disagree. While I believe this sort of exploit should be corrected, I believe one of the best features of this game is the ability to choose whether or not I want to interact with other players. I like the illusion one gets in single player online that you are in a vast, sparely populated world; that you can adventure in the wilds and not encounter another player. Yet there is civilization and other players out there if you care to deal with them. I also recommend that entering a town or a pvp zone should automatically put a player in multiplayer mode. After all, if you go to town should have to deal with other players (or at least have to see them).

As for this particular exploit, there will always be some little group of power gamers who figure out how to exploit whatever gaming system they encounter. So to Portalarium I recommend break the exploit (you guys are very good at breaking game features), but do not break the game for the rest of us who don't give a hang about the latest exploit, unless broke or badly designed game mechanics give us no other option.

XX

Dantuin, KuBaTRiZeS and Fister Magee like this.
  2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I haven't kept my eye on it but IIRC there was a mode scaling system in place. If MOB/node density/difficulty can be scaled based on the mode. Seems like a good place to sneak in a check for mode switching habits of the player.

3. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

I always think it is a bit bizarre to have Single Player Online mode. I would think having Friend Online is good enough for having some privacy. I mean if you really don't want to play with people that much just go for Single Player Offline in that case. Friend Online mode offers plenty enough seclusion.

Abydos and Fister Magee like this.
  4. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

There is a major difference between Single Player Online and Offline. Offline is not connected to the online in any way. Once offline the character can never go online.

That's no good for people that wish to be connected to the persistent world without the anonymous playerbase.

Dantuin and margaritte like this.
  5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I think it is weird too, I wonder if this is broken because I think I remember it used to hide you from the friends and guild list when in SPO.. but does not any more.. does anyone else remember this?

Abydos likes this.
  6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

What diablo 2 did was make something that if someone relogged in and out to many times too fast, they would get a temporary ban. This would require a stable game. It would not be fair if someone was just dcing a lot to have a ban for it.

Fister Magee and Abydos like this.
  7. Dantuin

Dantuin Avatar

I totally agree..
    I also strongly disagree, I am ok with the online modes being connected, this is one of the features that initially attracted me here and has become one of my favorite parts of the game.

Just please do what can be done to fix the exploits. I remember playing a game that would make you wait for a RL 24 hours before you could kill the big boss mob again (kind of extreme but effective).

Don't punish those of us who do not now or will ever even care about using these exploits.
    just my 2c

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.