I'm looking for an (in-game) band

Discussion in 'The Bards of Poets' Circle' started by Poor game design, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I'm looking for an in-game band of 3 to 4 players that would enjoy helping me make a promotional video for my POT.

The music files are available here. We would need one lute player, one flute, and perhaps one or two harp players depending on how well that would sound. The song is almost 7 minutes long, but it may require several takes to get it correct so this project might be a few hours in the making.

I'd be willing to pay each member for their time with a small gift from the add-on store. My preference would be to have people that actually intend to play bard's in the game, but I'm open to anyone with a passion for roleplaying.

If you're interested, please contact me via PM and let me know when you're available. I'd like to create this video sometime during one of the next few weekends.

Thank you!

Baron Drocis Fondorlatos

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    kbruder, Leelu, Moonshadow and 5 others like this.
  2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I have a question about groups such as this. Will they work with our instancing system? If your group is PVP flagged and non-flagged people, will they have to fight the system to appear in a group? Friends only does not seem to be an option because you want to perform for other people. So in simple multiplayer, with a mixed or all PVP group or all non-PVP group, will you be able to play in game and have people walk by and hear you? Won't the system sort people by play style, and you will really never see your audience for the most part?

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    I do wish I could help, but I'm not a bard and I'm a bit busy in real... :(
    Best Wishes Though... :) Sounds like a cool video shoot...

~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Yea, I think the band or any performance group is a great community builder. Sadly the instancing system is a necessary evil within our game design albeit sold as a benefit. Any group wishing to perform is relegated to performing for people who choose in advance to come and watch via teleport or other undefined means. People who do not know about the event will probably never see it. I will be in full support of any mechanism promoting random encounters across our land without the thumb of artificial control. Perhaps sorting that will have every NPC town an all inclusive area for all players. When leaving the town, sorting would occur as designed. If towns had guards controlling the PVP stuff and had no sorting on entrance then I would be a happy camper and would be able to see groups such as your band perform.

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Yeah, I hear you about the instancing.

I figure for the video we'll just use friends only mode so we're not interrupted. But long term I'd like Rats Nest to be a place where reasonable social interaction can occur, and I agree that means having NPC guards capable of keeping the peace.

6. Santa Clause

Santa Clause Avatar

I can try to find some time to help out but I'm not going to be available for the next two weekends (I might be available on June 4 but I am in a wedding for one of my oldest friends on Friday evening so I will probably be in a pretty useless state).

7. Drocis the Devious

We'll have to see when everyone that's interested can get together. It may take some time to coordinate schedules. I'll let you know. Thanks for the interest!

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Drocis the Devious

Sorry for not updating this post earlier. I had really assumed that my POT would be up and running by now. I'm still really waiting on a suitable template that I can use long term. Right now it's probably going to be a few months minimum before that happens, so this project has been delayed until I feel like I can show off the town.

I'm thinking that I may have to wait until closer to the official launch date. So for now please continue to let me know if you're interested and I'll make sure to put you on the list. We have a good number of quality people so it should be a lot of fun.

Thank you for your patience.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.