Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Suggestions on what to do with Last Names - Prompted by Telethon

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Crazy Phil, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~I'm a Dennis Fan Club Member~ :)!'
    [​IMG]

~Time Lord~:D

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  2. Shadow

Shadow Avatar

Cimmerian was his nationality, not his name. Unless you meant it as Conan of Cimmeria.

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Conan of Cimmeria => Conan D'Cimmeria : Rufus D'Asperdi => Rufus of Asperdi

Locatives can and have been used as last names, even when last names aren't normally used.

He could also be Conan D'Aquilonia. :)

KuBaTRiZeS, Time Lord and Shadow like this.
  4. LordEnglish

LordEnglish Avatar

How about at character creation, these rules are applied to naming:

a) First_Name is mandatory.
    b) Last_Name is optional.
    c) First_Name + Last_Name (remember it's optional) must be unique.
    d) People eligible for the pledge reward get a checkbox next to Last_Name. "Private" (default = unchecked). If you check the box, your Last_Name becomes unique to your account and all your characters now get this Last_Name. Leave it unchecked and anyone can use the same Last_Name that you just chose. Trying to make private an already in use Last_Name gives you a message to say it can't be made private (try another name or uncheck the box)

This lets people use "first name only" if they want.
    It makes the pledge reward a bit more meaningful.
    It means LB can "private" the surname British ;)

I'm sure I'm not the only person who probably has a character name they didn't intend to make "final" at this stage. I'm hoping @DarkStarr will give us clear guidance on what we should do in preparation for final wipe to try and maintain / reserve the names we want!

KuBaTRiZeS and Miracle Dragon like this.
  5. Gix

Gix Avatar

Not only do I want to keep the ability to only have a first name, but I also want the ability to only display other people's first names.

Your titles, family names and guild names is cluttering my screen and it's presumptuous to assume that I give a damn.

6. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I think a great way to unclutter the screen a lot is by improving the pop up information we currently have. You stare - mouseover a fence and you get the "iron fence" pop up in your mouse. What if instead of that ugly popup information were displayed above the item - player? That way you could play without nameplates at all, then when somebody approaches you you look at him and his nameplate appears. I think it's a very immersive way to give information to players.

Yep, that's me derailing the thread, sorry! If what's currently unique is the combination of name + last name, why not just make pledge last names unique? Then after that an account item is created that, when traded, allows the receiver of the item to share your last name.
    • The pledgers are allowed to reserve their last name beforehand.
    • Each pledger is allowed to gift to other accounts a certain amount of royalty tokens (from none to whatever name is given)
    • Upon character creation, nobody is able to use your last name unless they received one of your royalty tokens.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

The more we are different the better...less fraud and more accountability. having to pick a last name, dont care, but everyone can be john. so better add some letters to it. Johnathan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.