Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Engraved tools now trump my Prosperity tools, What!!!

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by SmokerKGB, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

BTW isn't it awesome that we can openly debate these issues without being heavily moderated?

2. Juzzie

Juzzie Avatar

I might add store bought Items as well, when we buy these for real money we expect a protection to our investements your honor is on the line here. When you collect our money for stuff and change the rules after the fact you are breaking your word and agreements with us.

3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Summing up here... waiting for Friday.
    1. The most important thing to me is gathering time. Indestructibility is moot. If gathering time is substantially decreased by crafting.... I love it.
    2. Since I love the crafting plan to date, then I must deal with the prosperity tools I had previously purchased.
    3. Melting down is distasteful because it implies that I have decided to spend (in my case) $140 for add ons, and one add on is the same as any other. I have very few add ons to date, and don't want any more of what is in the store. I do not need $140 in store credit. I understand the reluctance for a refund policy.
    4. Leaving me with a wish to make the prosperity tools identical to what can be crafted, but including durability. This satisfies me, and probably everyone else. The problem goes away and looking back, spending the $140 seems logical and right for the added property of indestructibility (which was always promised).

Dirk Hammerstrike likes this.
  4. Noric

Noric Avatar

No. We were told that Prosperity tools would not be the best in the game. If they are as good as what is crafted and indestructible they are de facto the best in the game. There needs to be a measurable difference between prosperity tools and engraved ones. That does not mean i want them to suck - but they should not be the best in the game.

5. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

If I'm understanding the R30 notes correctly, prosperity tools just got a lot better relative to crafted tools.

6. Noric

Noric Avatar

They did not. If the QA build live tonight is the one that goes up tomorrow, then prosperity tools are slightly inferior to about equal depending on what stats you like (without counting the durability thing).

The durability was not a big factor on tools on QA this time around.

Lazlo likes this.
  7. Magos

Magos Avatar

They were described as far more than that when I bought them, aspects which were repeated by Chris in further deep dives etc

I have a couple dozen indestructible tools already as part of my pledges. The description of the Prosperity tools was enough to tempt me to hand over the best part of another 200 bucks for them.

Also you mentioned a meeting where this would be discussed on Friday. Could you ask what's happening with the Hoe of Prosperity please Berek ? Would be useful to know if/when anything is planned for Agriculture

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    Aldo, Leelu, Budner and 1 other person like this.
  8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

As of today, enchanted tools will break and have to be replaced entirely, i've heard (but not confirmed) Making prosperity tools much more valuable (value based on what they do, not what people would LIKE them to do)

Enchants are getting nerfed too

Fister Magee likes this.
  9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I've not seen this information, and if you could provide me with a link or soemthing (the one provided by andernut earlier did nto make this claim) It woudl be benificial.

The only thign i see is that any type of speed bonus needs to apply that is less than what u can get in game, and balanced out with the other enhancment that is already on the tool (making both enhancments JUST under the highest level in each would make it overpowered sicne tools currently cannot be created in game with both bonuses

10. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

The only place that I have found so far that survey distance helps you was in verdantis shardfall, it let you mine the ore nodes there were in the poison cloud without taking damage and interrupting your dig.
    Since there so many better places to mine, at the moment it's fairly useless.

There are a couple of places in the mines that if a lower node is below a roof node, you won't be able to mine the roof node until you mine the "belly node", and having a really high survey distance (60+) will let you get the roof node before harvesting the belly node that keeps you from getting close enough to the wall to reach the roof node. Again, fairly trivial.

What irks me about it, is that having a high survey distance outside of those two instances doesn't seem to allow you to mine from different positions, so you still spend several seconds slowly walking into a predefined position to harvest.

I expect that more nodes will eventually require higher survey distance, or that Having a higher score will allow more positions to harvest from, or that the skill will be replaced with something else eventually.

Wintermute of CoF and Leelu like this.
  11. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

@EMPstrike these statements are quoted verbatim throughout this entire thread, including the original descriptions of the tools in the add-on store as well as quoted commentary from the devs on at least two occasions. Including Chris' statement that he doesn't like the tools but intends to honor the promised design anyway, AND that the tools would be upgradable. It is really not debatable that the tools were described as being toward the higher end (though not the highest end) of the spectrum. The question now is whether SOTA will honor what they advertised, or nerf the tools. Chris says they will not nerf the tools, but some of the data presented in this thread indicates that the tools have indeed been nerfed making them relatively less powerful than expected. Let's see.

Edit since Empstrike can't be bothered to read the whole thread ;):

CHRIS: "I think we've promised that you could upgrade them some but not to the level of the best tools in the game. So my estimation is that they will probably go to probably +20 with upgrades vs +30 for very good tools. There will probably be some crazy bonus tools with something like +50 or more that are so fragile that they are practically consumables. Exact numbers aren't set as we're still defining the highest tier nodes and will be tweaking some math around those."

<Dice> Darkstarr, with the addon store prosperity items, will they become useless when you are a high level in the skill, or are they always the best at what they do?
    <Darkstarr> Dice great question. Exact balance isn't done yet and we will use testing to verify but currently they are high level tools. Players can create similar if not more powerful tools but it will be top skill kind of stuff to make.

12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I looked again and i cant see this, still. Where is it?

13. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

agra and Fister Magee like this.
  14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

No i saw that but it didnt say they would be close to the best in the game.

"I think we've promised that you could upgrade them some but not to the level of the best tools in the game. So my estimation is that they will probably go to probably +20 with upgrades vs +30 for very good tools. There will probably be some crazy bonus tools with something like +50 or more that are so fragile that they are practically consumables."

^ thats the only thing i saw that gave a glimpse of how much of a bonus they might recieve, which i think would put them in line, speed wise, witht he lowest tier enchant for tools. Is that the thing bud was talkin about?

15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Actually what most remember is not what was stated in the addon store but what Richard, Starr and Chris said when they talked about them.

This is the latest news in the spring telethong:
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kheSJ71bwLQ&feature=youtu.be&t=1170

.....and a flashback from beginning of 2014.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ools-and-crafting-stations.18228/#post-281776
    ...seems my predictions hold true so far.

16. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Why do you think 20 is not close to 30?

17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Thanks for the telethon link. I saw he said thier intention behidn what they are doing, but i cant view dev+ stuff.

The bearded fellah was talkin about crit bonuses on tools and stuff

18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

i thought he said +20 relative to +30, or crazy tools with like +50 which i assuemd wsould be the best, i think in R30 the most basic enchantments give +20 dont they? Keeping in mind everything beign discussed is subject to change.

Just having the meticulous bonus alogn with the speed bonus should be enough to fulfill what was promised about the prosperity tools right? And the fact that they are indestructable is about to make them alot mroe valuable i think. In the end it seems liek the fact that theya re unbreakable is the most appealing aspect. I still dotn see where they promised a certain level of power, jsut that they wouldnt be basic.

19. Noric

Noric Avatar

There are multiple ones. Think gold and bronze give 30% and silver 15%

20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

so +20 would put them between the current low and high ends. Which would make them, currently, close tot he highest end in speed if they had that +20 bonus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.