Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

NPC quest characters missing from Crypt of the Avatar

Discussion in 'Release 30 Bug Forum' started by Womby, May 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Womby

Womby Avatar

5/27/2016 1:20 PM
    Title: NPC quest characters missing from Crypt of the Avatar.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Journal said next step was to journey to "the most haunted ruin in Midmaer". Went there. but there were no quest NPCs in crypt (they were there in QA and R29). Also, tried various things but couldn't interact with goblets in Sanguinarium and main room.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16329
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN GPU RAM: 6042
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.417.Date.05.26.16
    Area: Novia_R3_Hills01_CryptOfTheAvatar
    Loc: (87.9, -54.8, 112.2)

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

If you are on a quest and have a spirit talker hired, you should be able to enter, will see a spirit talker near the entrance, and have a popup screen message referring to them.

If you are not on a quest or do not have a spirit talker hired, you will see no spirit talkers or quest NPCs and the zone-in message will be "The Crypt is oddly quiet" or something of that sort (it is something we added in R30 so it could be entered when not on Path of Love quest)

3. Womby

Womby Avatar

Ah, gotcha. I had hired the spirit talker but that must have been in QA, so I need to do that again.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i did the necropolis, got the journal entry, went to midras, and no one was there. i went back to ardoris to talk to samael and he didn't know anything about midras. do i need to hire him again?

5. Womby

Womby Avatar

OK, I re-entered the Crypt of the Avatar, and this time the spirit talker was there. Did the quest thing, said goodbye to spirit talker, then proceeded into the lower depths.

However,

...after killing a couple of water elementals and lots of skellies and ghosts, I found that I was unable to interact with the goblets in the Sanguinarium and the Cathedral. Are they supposed to be interactive? If I'm missing something, just say "you're missing something". I searched the Council Chamber as well (that was a tough one to clear!), but couldn't find any clues.

6. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Sannio can answer that, he was the one who worked on that part of the scene... moving the thread since it's no longer a conversation/NPC issue

7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Womby, those items were added during the worldbuilding stage with the idea they could be turned into something more special "later," and then the ball got dropped. I'm logging that as a bug and someone here will look into the situation.

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  8. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

Had also problems with this part. NPC wasnt on his position.
    However after 4 times reset the dungeon and re-enter the crypt he was there.

9. Darkrift

Darkrift Avatar

I m at the same point i have cleared the place 4 times clicked on what i can find and there jsut nothing else to do that is apparent to me. There are 2 npc ghosts that talk about the history and the spirit talker upstairs but nothing else in the zone.

10. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Entered first time, the spirit talker I did not hire (I hired Samael and got the talkative one here) and went in to explore. After frustrating deaths largely caused by crazy high skeleton density, I logged out.

Today I downloaded the patch, and chose Start on World map - which started me in Kingsport, which seems like a bug. Went back to dungeon, no quest NPCs. No journal update either, so I didn't move past it... no clue what to do here.

11. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Seems entering from the Midras ruins caused the problem? Went down to Midmaer passage and back up and then was able to proceed. But it is still Kardan and not Samael...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.