I tried to get my friend interested in the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jace3, May 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

Sorry, your post got me thinking, it was really only tangent to my line of thinking but wanted to credit you for the jumping off point.

redfish likes this.
  2. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

At this point no way to know, I think the game will be very different a year from now than it is now.

Who knows what concessions will be made to appeal to a broader audience.

My hope is that it starts fairly small and then builds a larger and larger following over time.
    Rather than a big burst for the first month followed by dwindling attendance every month after.

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yes, to borrow some language from politics, I think they can build a base and then grow from there.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  4. ottomaddux

ottomaddux Avatar

unfortunately the devs believe it is. RG has stated repeatedly that it needs to be commercially viable and yet they still seem to keep make decisions to shrink the player base.

5. ottomaddux

ottomaddux Avatar

This game, if released the way it is, will be the biggest and worst grindfest out there. That is what a self sustaining economy is, grinding out a living to keep yourself ahead of the game.

6. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

You haven't played Rose Online have you?
    When we played it, It went fine until level 9 or so, then your stuck grinding slimes in one certain area for the next two months or so, until you can farm the next set of mobs, which you grind for a few months.
    Repeat over the course of a year or two, until you are level 100+ or so.

7. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Probably not the time to have tried to get him into it with all the changes to targeting etc, I bet if hed played before with Tab targeting it wouldnt have been such a shock.
    A game like this, in its current state, I wouldnt recommend anyone new into it, who wasnt familiar with the very different from the norm gameplay, until it is more of a finished polished state,
    especially the new player experience as youll more likely leave them not wanting to try it again. Id suggest waiting till nearer December and its release date before inviting people who wernt old
    school Rpg / Uo / Ultima players.

So far everyone Ive invited along has loved it, all bar a lot of the targeting bugs etc, and most of them have upgraded their pledges. It certainly wont be the game for everyone but once its nearer completion
    (and not final wipe, dont forget its still going to be in early access and very unfinished in July) so tell him he has to reserve judgement until its done. :)

8. ottomaddux

ottomaddux Avatar

Sign me up..(shoots self in head)

9. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

To late to get a refund.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.