The Town of Dawn's Keep

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Rufus D`Asperdi, Feb 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Greetings;

I have established the Town of Dawn's Keep, not as a guild, but as a residence for like minded Artisans, Craftsmen, and Role Players. Residents may be Guild Aligned or not. They may be PvP Flagged or not. However, the Town scene itself will Never be flagged as Open PvP. I hope to fill the town with small groups of friends or families, guilds who need a home, artists and craftsmen who need a place they can live and play together.

If this describes you and yours, contact me and come help me build a lasting community.

[​IMG]

Dawn's Keep is located just to the South of Brittany between first crossings of the Shamino and Eylo Rivers:

[​IMG]

I own the Town; it is rent free. I do not intend to make this in any shape, form or fashion a for profit venture for either real-world or in-game currency. Reservation of a lot and the granting of the right to claim it would come with no obligation other than a strict adherence to Wheaton's Law.

Here is the current state of the town:

[​IMG]

Inside the walls, there are 6 Inns with 96 rooms that are available rent free for the asking. Each room comes with the ability for the resident to decorate with 25 items, 4 Container, and 4 Lights. Also in the center, on the porches of the 6 Inns, are 12 (twelve) Commission Free Vendors that I intend to make available to residents (particularly those living in the Inns) to provide a place to sell their wares.

Here are the names of the 6 Inns: :)
    • The Watery Tart
    • The Laden Swallow
    • The Singing Prince
    • The Pining Parrot
    • The 'Af a Bee
    • The Larch
    Also inside the walls are 72 Row Lots available to claim.

There are 4 NPC Buildings in the city center:
    • A Bank containing a Banker, and Homes and Decorations Merchants on the second floor,
    • A Magic Shop containing a Magic Merchant, and a Pets Merchant.
    • A Combat Shop containing Combat, Weapons, and Armor Merchants.
    • A Tavern containing a Barkeeper and a Cooking Merchant.
    There are also 8 Devotionals in the center; Compassion, Courage, Honesty, Honor, Humility, Sacrifice, Spirituality, and Valor.

East of the center, near the river you will find a Fishing Merchant. Just to the Northeast of the Center is the Public Gardens which are available to any resident who requests permission to plant there. West of the center, just outside the West Gate is an Oracle Confirmatory.

There are also more than 80 Village and Town size lots available to claim. As the town is Dynamic, I can rearrange lots and lot sizes to meet the needs of my residents. I've also laid out the town with an eye toward both access, and the ability for small groups to have lots adjacent to each other. I also have the ability to place another 80+ Village lots.

The Village Lot in the City Center, just east of the inner keep, is a Public Crafting Pavilion with a complete set of expert level crafting stations which are open to the public, residents and non-residents alike. Just outside the lot, under a blue striped awning, is a Crafting Merchant.

For clarity and transparency:

There is no council or tribunal or governing body beyond me. I am very much a (virtual) Feudal Lord.

Dawn's Keep is being provided as a service by me. The right to reside in Dawn's Keep is granted by me. I also reserve the right to remove that privilege, though I will not do this lightly, and this will be the least favored, final, and last resort. I swear to attempt to work out any differences amicably and will only revoke residence after other avenues for resolution have been exhausted. It is my fervent hope that I can build a small community of like minded individuals who can live and work together in harmony.

If you have interest, or questions, please either contact me via private message, or post a reply to this thread. I am now accepting reservations for Avatars interested in residing in Dawn's Keep. I wish to know you, and you me prior to your taking up residence. Once we've reached a mutual agreement, I'll reserve the lot you choose in your name for you to claim. No lots in the town are open to be claimed without a reservation.

Thank you;

(Edited 7/01/2018 with the latest information)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Sonja, Arradin, Numa and 38 others like this.
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(Edited 7/2/2018 with the latest information)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Sonja, Krohon, Stahlknecht and 5 others like this.
  3. Robby

Robby Avatar

I see. I wandered around through it. Nice castle =P
    Is there any prospective settlers yet?

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

A few have expressed interest, but I haven't been recruiting. While the answers are much more abundant now, there are still a number of unanswered questions. Also, I believe there may be more interest after Final Wipe and Lot Selection when new players arrive.

5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I've built out the city center, sans the perimeter wall, should anyone wish to come see:

[​IMG]

There is a Banker, and Magic, Crafting, Home, Decoration, Cooking, Armor, Weapons, and Combat Merchants are all available, as are a complete set of Expert Crafting Stations (Just inside the wall of the Keep). The Fishing Merchant has also been placed, down near the river.

If there is anyone looking for a place for this release and the next, prior to the next wipe, I'd be happy to provide one. There are 70 Row lots available, and I can place any other size lot any place you'd like. Open a conversation here, or send me a message in game, should we be online at the same time.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    Sonja, Krohon, Stahlknecht and 10 others like this.
  6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

And now, the result of the shot I bought for Chris during the Release 28 Portmortem... And, DarkStarr I like to think I paid for The Starrlton. :)

Here's the City Center, completely built out, with the perimeter wall:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  7. SamRothstein

SamRothstein Avatar

Looking good! Being near Brittany will be a big boon to your settlement.

8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I think I'm close the what I will implement come Persistence:

Hear is the view from my most commonly used vantage point:
    [​IMG]

And from 180 degrees around:
    [​IMG]

The new 'bump out' addition on the left side houses a new addition; a "List FIeld":
    [​IMG]
    It will be (eventually) surrounded by bleachers and can be used for any number of purposes, Guild meetings, Theatre, Gustball, PvP Tournaments, whatever residents can dream up.

I've also established what will be the Public Gardens:
    [​IMG]

And, the piece that I've planned to have since I first decided I wanted a Player Owned Town, the Crafting Pavilion equipped with a complete set of Expert Crafting Stations:
    [​IMG]
    I have a Crafting Pavillion like the one in Owl's Head but I've not received it yet as I'm waiting for the rotated templates before I lock my town. Though I'm now debating whether or not I want to use it. I rather like using the greenhouse for the purpose.

And, throwing this one in just because I like the shot:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    Sonja, Bom, Mykll and 13 others like this.
  9. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Pretty cool. I would love to live in an RP community, and might have a row lot that needs a place in one, come R32.

Cassandra Corax, Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  10. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Updated the OP with the latest information. I believe I've decided how the town will be laid out come persistence. While some details aren't complete... Planter boxes for the Public Garden, and Stands for the List field... The town is now completely built out with all lots in place. Please feel free to visit.

11. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

How many packs of walls did you use? Looks really cool. :)

12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Fourteen...

13. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Wow. It does have great effect though. It looks like a keep. :)

14. Evenios

Evenios Avatar

i visited it this evening out of curiosity . not bad but the town is a bit of a walk away from the road is there any way or plans to place buildings (if possible) outside of the town? not sure how player run towns work. but you have to run a bit of a way from the entrance to the main town it seems............interesting though!

15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Please reference the map in the Original Post:

[​IMG]

All the planned lots are laid out, but unclaimed. If you run around with the P key depressed, you'll see where they are.

16. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Oh, to have a template that I could use to fulfill my dreams too. Perhaps someday. Looks good!

17. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Well done. I am sure it will be a delightful place to live and grow.

18. Evenios

Evenios Avatar

gotcha. missed that part. cool!

Cassandra Corax and Time Lord like this.
  19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The new overland map required the town move. Original post updated with the new location.

[​IMG]

20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I've now laid out the Planter Boxes in the Public Garden:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.