Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Thieving Skill

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Cupid, Jun 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

you clearly have not a clue that people are stealing from Non Flagged people, if it was working as intended would not be an issue.

But guy keep it Up the list of names just gets bigger and bigger :) (hope you all have fun playing alone)

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

You obviously didn't read my prior posts where I said exactly this almost verbatim.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

People need to settle down and see how it works once the bug is fixed.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Indeed AFK Emote Heaven~:D
    [​IMG]
    ~Gank Me Ban You~;)!'
    This is one of the greatest features in our game! The ability to get ganked and at the same time ban them from your sight and your play style!
    I love that about our SOTA! :D
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Players who are out continuing to practice stealing from non flagged player are clearly abusing an known bug (= exploiting) to the detriment of the community. Sadly the development team has taken a stance and will use the excuse, "it is only testing". They should be using this incident to test out their resolve in dealing with these players.

Sadly all that is happening now is some unknown, unnamed, players are getting labeled and will carry it on in the future. Even worse the PvP community is taking another HUGE hit to their creditability since the ones doing this are just showing how that most of them are here for one reason and only one reason, to harass players.

6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Settle down!? SETTLE DOWN!? Things have literally become this:

Therefore we have to:

[​IMG]

:rolleyes::D

7. Gix

Gix Avatar

Who said I wasn't already calm? I'm simply stating how I saw the skill, I shared my thoughts and warned people about it. Now everybody is losing their minds because they're losing items... the non-PvP bug is just blowing it out of proportion but it also highlights a major flaw with the system... meaning a player will never want to flag himself PvP:
    • Because they can get attacked by non-PvP players.
    • Because they can get ransacked by thieves even when they're doing their daily routine... like the PvE folks are victims of with the bug.
    It's not longer a world where some players can stay flag-PvP and hardcore it out, now it's just a toggle that nobody will use unless they're really asking for it.

If they don't change it from how it's currently working (even if they fix the pickpocket bug), then I can't enjoy PvE nor PvP.
    • If I want to steal, I have to do it to players. Meaning I can't go offline nor would I want to do it in "online with friends" mode. That one skill is restricted to one game mode.
    • If someone want to fight players or just "rough it out", they have to content themselves with the knowledge that it'll be a playground for all of those who want to steal... because there's no other outlet.
    • I wonder if the lock-picking skill will affect doors in player houses.... and I wonder THEN if people will be okay with getting stuff stolen from them when even their own stash isn't a secure place either.

While I agree, I specifically want to pickpocket.

Ice Queen, Womby and Time Lord like this.
  8. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

Can't say I disagree, PM a dev about it.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:cool:~Shh! I'm Trying to Down Play That Part While You Grab Their Purse~:D

[​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:p

10. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

I agree that we should be able to pickpocket NPCs and receive a reward relative to the risk, but I don't think it should mean we can't pickpocket pvp flagged people.

Pvp flags were always intended to be a toggle. They set it up so you could also flag and unflag using oracle head statues if I recall correctly. They made it easy intentionally.

If you want to go craft, or decorate, or anything nonpvp related, you unflag. It's pretty simple and I don't see that as an issue whatsoever.

I also don't see unflagged people attacking pvp flagged people as a problem either. Isn't pvp why you flagged in the first place? Oh, but it's not cool if the other person gets the first hit in, in the less likely event of an attack of opportunity... ok. Yeah that sounds like a fair weather pvper to me who isn't willing to "fully" commit. :p

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Gix

Gix Avatar

[​IMG]

Time Lord and Cordelayne like this.
  12. Womby

Womby Avatar

With lock picking on the horizon it seems like in the future the only safe place to store stuff will be in the bank. Hmm. Then we'll all need to buy extra bank slots from the add-on store.
    Doesn't seem like Portalarium has much incentive not to let people rob you blind.

13. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

[​IMG]

14. Gix

Gix Avatar

There's a difference between being caught offguard and... okay, think about this way:
    You see someone who's charging at you with a giant sword. If that player were PvP flagged, you could already cast spells, attack with a bow or simply get ready to swing your sword and press the attack button the moment that player comes into range... but you can't, because that player is PvE flagged. You have no initiative despite being prepared for it.
    That's not to mention that the player might be charging after a rabbit or some undead monsters behind you. So now you're getting mixed messages. If that player wanted to PvP, that player would be PvP flagged no?
    So what's your best option? Run away. Because that's the only option that works to your advantage. If that player actually wanted to fight you, then you guys missed an opportunity to engage. Both of you wanted to fight on your own terms but you couldn't, so you don't.
    Fun.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Exactly @Womby it's the newest Shroud of the Avatar economic model and it's called the black market. Here's how it will work, we'll use hard currency to buy add on store items that can either be pick pocketed or robbed from us once lock picking is implemented. The thieves will then sell the stolen items through a new fence NPC called "Shady Vendor". The Shady Vendor will then resell the stolen goods for in game gold. This is very similar to the public vendor currently in game. Now, the player can either re-buy their stolen goods OR buy them again from the add on store. Either way, Portalarium wins! ;):D

16. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

Yes run... slightly offscreen, pop a smelling salt and a heal and hit him/her back with an offensive retort.

It's like you want me to believe true pvpers are completely inept and can't adjust to circumstance.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Womby

Womby Avatar

Sorry, I forgot the smilie. :)

18. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

Regarding a blues ability to attack a flagged pvper. Seriously...

Did Wild Bill live by the gun? Yes.

Did Wild Bill get shot in the back of the head? Yes.

Did he think it was fair? :D Probably not.

Should he have expected it eventually? Absolutely.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Gix

Gix Avatar

I was talking about running away BEFORE that player ever flags themselves on you... meaning sucking your thumb to heal and going back on the offensive is impossible... because that player still isn't flagged for PvP.
    So you actually suggest I'd let myself get hit once to flag him, run away and THEN engage?

Why? It's obnoxious! Considering that I intend to play a thief and not freakin' Conan, I'd say that entire idea to let myself get hit first is immensely insane beyond reason! This IS a thread about thieving, right? So let the thieves that participate in PvP (and would want to do more) explain their views on how stupid this all is.

Wild Bill had the ability to shoot anyone before he got shot. That's the nuance that you don't seen to grasp. So your all high-and-mighty PvP attitude can just shove off for all I care.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    Time Lord likes this.
  20. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

All I'm saying is that sota toons can take a hit and recover.

Unless you're doing something silly like intentionally forgoing strength for the sake of maintaining an authentically RPed thief and a consequently weak character with low health... you still have very reasonable options.

Whether you want to accept that or not is immaterial.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.