Player Owned Town Size Calculator

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Night Owl, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hexus

Hexus Avatar

Hey Night Owl! Most definitely appreciate your time invested into this awesome calculator / tool. I've used it a few times while dreaming about my POT and how I will divy up the lots.

While I know calculating #'s is much easier than what I'm about to request, I know it would be VERY useful for us players that own towns...

If you (or anyone) could find a way to show graphically (from a top view) the dimension of a town (as a perfect square).
    Then allow the user to move squares around to simulate how they will lay out their town physically.

With the developers already telling us that we will be able to provide a template of how we'd like our lots laid out, this would be MOST useful.

Thanks again for everything already! Look forward to playing together in game :)

2. Jade

Jade Avatar

This site is not functioining now? I can not get it to load :(

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Me either... If it's down, I'm going to be very sad.

4. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

won't load on google chrome either

5. Night Owl

Night Owl Avatar

Hi all, I have a ticket into my ISP for the site, I hope to have it up and running soon. Sorry for the inconvenience and I will let you know once it's up again.

Gaelis, Abydos, Mata and 3 others like this.
  6. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Until the site is back up, I have thrown a quick calculator together here that you can use.

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yay! It's Back!

E n v y and Mata like this.
  8. Night Owl

Night Owl Avatar

Hello everyone, I've updated the tool to reflect the new pricing increases as of 5/1/2015.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  9. Night Owl

Night Owl Avatar

All, I've updated the Player Owned Town Size Calculator with integration into my site http://www.sotahousing.com to use the template/site wrapper. I'm going to continue to make tweaks and I'm working on a few other tools to incorporate into it. Once I have more specifics outlined and some prototypes done I will share details.
    The new link is: http://sotahousing.com/player-owned-town-calculator/

The old link will still work if you prefer a clean look/feel. I will try to keep the old link up to date as I make changes, however at some point I will not make further updates since keeping two separate tools updated as it evolves will become cumbersome.

Abydos and Lord Baldrith like this.
  10. Night Owl

Night Owl Avatar

I wanted to let the community know that I'm in the process of moving the site and calculator to a different hosting provider. The site has been running slow and it's had disruptions in service over the past few months. As I move, things could be up and down or links could become broken. I'm hoping the transition will be complete by Saturday night at the latest.

Koldar likes this.
  11. Night Owl

Night Owl Avatar

The site move to the new hosting provider has been completed. However, it might take folks another 12-24 hours for all of the DNS updates to occur. The new hosting is much faster and hopefully it will be more reliable. Please let me know if you experience any problems.

Mata and Lord Baldrith like this.
  12. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Looks like the site is down again. Do you have the new URL that we should use?

Thank you!

13. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

Yes I get an " Internal Server Error " Firefox ESR 38.5.0

14. Night Owl

Night Owl Avatar

Hi All,

I apologize for the delay, I was out of town for the holidays. The site is up and running again, thanks for your patience.

15. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Vallas (Beran’s Reach) Avatar

Fantastic work as always. :)

Mata and Duke Night Owl like this.
  16. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Hey there,

Something to note, when searching google for soutahousing an https:// version of your site comes up as the first link which https://sotahousing.com/ I know you migrated to a new server and now it doesn't appear to use https - thought you might wish to know however.

I look forward to the sotahomes section coming online :)

Mata likes this.
  17. Night Owl

Night Owl Avatar

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll check into the certificate/https. Things have been a bit busy so the homes section has taken a bit of a backburner, however I hope to have time to work on it soon! I'm also working on some updates to the various tools/calculators. I just wish there were more hours in the day. :)

18. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi there @Duke Night Owl -- love the site! I've actually been using it off and on for a while as reference and am ashamed to say I've neglected to add it as a web resource at SotAHelp.org and RPOTA.COM until now -- remedied!

I noticed the link to this forum for site suggestions, so I thought I'd throw some your way. These aren't calculators, more lists really, but it would be nice to have a place which provides the most up-to-date info on the following:
    • Current Dynamic Decoration Item Limits for each POT Size (possibly broken down by total, lights, and chests)
    • Current Song List Limitations for each POT Size (each size allows for a certain # of songs to be placed into a sound track for the town)
    • Current NPC Housing and NPC Limitations for each POT Size
    • Current Housing Decoration Item Limits for each House Size (possibly broken down by total, lights, and NPC's/pets)
    • Decoration Guides/Tips
    I know these things change from time to time as they tweak the game, but this could be a great addition to your site since they're very related to your offerings there.

Just a thought -- again, LOVE the site!

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  19. Night Owl

Night Owl Avatar

Hi Elgarion, thanks for all of the feedback, I really appreciate it! I'm a bit behind on updates, but hope to wrap them up soon. Your ideas are great and I'll definitely look into adding this to the site!

20. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Great work on the calculator. I use it a lot for prototyping and lot positions based on numbers of each. I would like to echo Elgarion suggestions about listing the limits on deco, NPCs, and Buildings. I would suggest it as a static list above the Number of Lots table. Same design only use Holdfast, Hamlet, etc in place of the Row, Village, etc. This information is hard to find and having it here would provide needed information to POT planers as well as bring more hits to your site.

Thank you again for a great resource.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.