Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Give light armor dex innate and buff, like heavy armor has str innate and buff?

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Mac2, Jun 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Someone mentioned this last night and it sounded like a good idea. It would balance the amount of skills. heavy has 9 right now and light only has 7.

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Sounds like a good idea to me!

Oba Evesor likes this.
  3. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Don't forget about Int. Currently, the only bonus/perk we get is from what we craft gear out of. There aren't any skills in the armor trees that help out mages at all.

Lord Baldrith and Oba Evesor like this.
  4. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

This was my suggestion from another post.

5. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

See, now that is something that I could get on board with.
    Also, as an add-in to the OP, I would at least also add in a Focus regeneration innate for the light armor tree.

Oba Evesor likes this.
  6. Noric

Noric Avatar

Sticking both Dex and Int into one mutually exclusive tree would obviously be too much.

Until the resistance rework(which could change a lot) , I'm not even sure light is worse off than heavy. Once it hits, this idea would be worth evaluating as an option.

I'm pretty solidly in favor of more relevant set bonuses though.

Jezebel Caerndow and Oba Evesor like this.
  7. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

I wish we only had the 3 main passives as a possibility to increase strenght, intelligence and dexterity. The only other skills that should give them are buffs in my opinion. Surely there are other ways to get people to pick skills then to just smack a main stat bonus on them.

If however, it's going to stay as it is i agree that all main stats should be equally available. As it is now, it's completely out of whack.

Skills that add strenght permanent or temporary:

- Endurance
    - Inner Strenght
    - Strenght of Earth
    - Bulwark of Earth
    - Sun Worship
    - Train Strenght
    - Berserker's Stance

Skills that add dexterity:

- Air's Embrace
    - Moon Worship
    - Train Dexterity

Skills that add intelligence:

- Enlightenment
    - Train Intelligence

See? Out of whack.

My conclusion: Don't add more skills that give those bonuses, swap some of them out for other bonuses instead. What those are, no idea.

8. Noric

Noric Avatar

@Athanil They could shift the moon and sun bonuses to focus and hp. I also think berserker stance is not worth including in any comparisons because of how terrible it is, though i suppose that means i wouldn't care if they they removed that bonus for another.

Jezebel Caerndow likes this.
  9. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Exactly. It may be me, but it seems to be that they are kind of pushing a certain path in regards to what stat they want you to raise and use o_O

Jezebel Caerndow likes this.
  10. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

@Noric Berserker Stance works under certain circumstances. You need to find a way to counter the negatives, well most of them anyway.
    I think something like better sight at night would be great for moon worship.

Ok, i'll stop going off topic now. *whistles innocently*

Leostemplar and Jezebel Caerndow like this.
  11. Noric

Noric Avatar

There isn't much of a way to cancel the negatives. I mean maybe death shield, deflect and avoid stacking offers some defense, but the attack speed/str bonus doesn't overcome the disadvantage of being in melee range with no resistance and losing 1/3 of your hp. The speed boost is fun but doesn't make that big of a difference(again - melee).

Reckless stance is nearly as good offensively and you can get at least some resist and not leak hp.

Defensive stance clearly better than both imo maybe unless you are ranged that never gets hit.

I actually don't think your comments are off-topic. Portalarium has a few stat issues to work out :

1. What to do about the fact that archers and mages share an armor class even when not not using the same armor type.

2. What to do with the whole "warriors use earth magic" decision as it applies to stats.

3. What do moon and sun give when there are 3 stats.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
    Sara Dreygon likes this.
  12. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

The bonuses increase significantly if you level up the skill. Also to counter the loss of health i would use shield of air. You are protected from getting hit for awhile and will lose no health at all, only 3 focus per sec (tested) Using this means of course being a glass cannon and you will have to use normal attacks instead of skills. This combo also requires a avatar to use light armor. But yeah...stances need a lot of work.

Once upon a time we had a medium armor skill tree. I still hope to see it back one day.

I think earth is a good skill tree that compliments the heavy armor skill tree. Well, for the most part. Sympathy of Stone will help people i heavy armor to become better tanks as it raises the maximum damage resistance threshhold. The strength bonus of the Bulwark of Earth skill needs swapping though. Perhaps switch it out for a passive that lowers the weight of heavy armor? This would help with the issue that people in heavy armor have with reaching their targets in time. Then again, it IS a magic tree, so i'm not sure if that would work.

This is exactly why i think they should just swap them out for something else.

Moon: Better sight at night
    Sun: Higher resistance against blinding debuffs and mesmerize?

Speaking of these, i just noticed that Glancing blow from the heavy armor skill increases avoidance by 10.1% at level 1 while the Evasion skill from the light armor tree increases it by 7% at level 60... I think light armor should be more about evasion/dodging and heavy armor more about the ability to "soak up" damage.

Leostemplar and Sara Dreygon like this.
  13. Noric

Noric Avatar

Medium armor makes some sense to me... Simplifies balance.

Stances need work.

Earth is weird by being both warrior centric and magic.

If you want to compare glancing blow to evasion, i want to point out that glancing blow still only ever reduces 1 attack no matter the duration.

14. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

I think that part is broken, it says it's raising a Avatar's avoidance, much like evasion instead of actually taking less damage by "glancing blows" Add that to the "needs to be fixed" list.

Would love it if they made multiple trees of the same element. (Or 2 branches) One for mages and one that "enhances" the use of weaponry. What we have now is a mixture of both.

Leostemplar likes this.
  15. Noric

Noric Avatar

The glancing blow thing is acting as described in the tooltip, so sadly i think it is "working as intended". Pretty sure it has been but reported multiple releases now.

The earth tree stuff just highlights the issue of not having more trees that aren't part of the magic system. You pretty much hijack an element just to throw nonmages a bone and that really messes with the symmetry of the magic tree.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.