Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Is Max Durability falling too fast?

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Lifedragn, Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I read about the change for inability to repair max durability without a CotO, which I do not have any intrinsic issue with. However, I seem to experience that my armor's max durability falls almost as much as the current durability. By the time the armor is breaking, I barely have any max durability to be worth even a single repair! I'm wearing cloth, so maybe it is related to type?

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

The way it is currently it falls apart much too fast for low end gear. I can't imagine how fast high-end enchanted gear fails. Hopefully they'll find that reasonable spot soon! No gear should fail faster than the time it takes to make it.

3. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I made a longsword and it seems to be going alright. 64/90 from a 100 max. At 0/70ish a repair would still be worthwhile. But my gloves for example are at 18/25 from 50. If they go 0/10, then that really isn't paying off to craft/repair them. My cloth chest armor has actually served me pretty well (Fustian Cotton Cloth +3) and doesn't seem to be failing that fast. Though I am alarmed that it is 125/128 from a max of 130. 5 regular durability per 2 max seems pretty fast on the max. And cotton does seem pretty slow to collect even at mid-levels. Leather is super easy though... replacing leather armor is much easier.

4. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Honestly, I'd love to see a system where repair kits repair 10 durability at a time, but the repair costs 2 max durability. Or 1 max durability at a crafting station and get rid of the normal max durability decay. But for the moment, I am just wondering if max and current should be falling in such even cadence.

5. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Max durability was bugged but is fixed now, so it was most likely screwed before the last patch. buy or make a new set and try it again, it seems to be ok rate to me now but not played a lot , just enought to test it was fixed :)

(Fix was in last patch, 427)

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Cotton is very easy for farmers to get in abundance but youd have to find someone who sells it. I've baught some from public vendors but if it feels too expensive, dont buy it and prices have a better chance of dropping

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Your max durability goes down by 1 every time you use a repair kit. With higher repair skill you can repair without losing as much max durability

8. agra

agra Avatar

The rate for weapon durability loss is the same in 419, 426 and 427. no change at all.

Noric and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Im not having durability issues on my weapons. Still using the same one for several days and its not even close to completley broken yet

10. Noric

Noric Avatar

My weapon durability is going down a lot faster than any of my armor...

11. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Its intended to

12. Noric

Noric Avatar

Chris spoke about weapons likely needing to be lower speed than previous, if @agra is right then that change never occurred.

13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

They are already lasting longer than they were before, and ive used this axe for several days, with the durability only dropping 12 points out of a hundred.

14. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

How many bear-hours?

Seriously how many actual combat hours? Several days isn't very concise.

Thanks EMPstrike.

15. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

I made a new set or plate armor on Sunday, now its 8 days old and pretty much looking like some items will need to be replaced this week.
    The Sword the gloves and the boots are less then 20 Max.

The real issues is that the weapons are dropping the fastest and to be readjusted, and the gloves, the boots and the helm need to be readjusted to 100 durability, starting at 50 before enchanting them is way to low.

Xander Xavier and Bluefire like this.
  16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Im nto sure, spent a coupel of days in the obsidian forge for a couple of hours, hung out underground and in the Rise one day for between 1 and 2 hours, clear out the maple forest place repeatedly yesterday cuz i need trees and the spawn is apparently crazy in there. Spent a couple our just killin everythign in greymark forest cuz soem of my friends think that's fun, and faught a buncha trolls, no estimate of how long i fought them total. however long it takes to melee 8 or 9 trolls. And just killign slimes and farming obsidian golems the rest of the time.

If you try to make thigns last a long logn time and base it only on hardcore, nonstop grinding, your gonna end up makign stuff last alot longer than numebrs make it look like they should. If you grind hardcore nonstop for 50 hours, to you soemthing that might last a couple of days is gonna last a couple of weeks to the average joe.

Bluefire likes this.
  17. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

@EMPstrike

How much durability went down on your gear though all that in the above post?
    I'm guessing 3-4 max points

Bluefire likes this.
  18. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

It was from EmpStrike's earlier post - 12 points of max durability.

19. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Yea i got a brand new axe after the patch that fixed the scene transition thing, and its gone down 12 points since then.

I also repaired it with a repair kit at least two times and it lost 1 max dirability when i repaired it each time. Ive also made about 40k gold and crafted and sold 4 shields/blades since then as well.

It doesnt seem inconvenient for me at all right now, it really boils doen to, how "in demand" do you want weapons to be?

Because the difficulty and expense in crafting them is gonna be balanced with how long they last.

20. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

@EMPstrike My hat is off to you. I've never broken 10K gold from combat in a few weeks of play and I've worn through many a sword just getting to 7K gold. I have had nearly 25K gold and that was from selling taming collars many releases back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.