Disruption of Events in PvP POT's...

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Cupid, Jun 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

If you give pvp town owners the ability to ban from thier town, it will result in pvpers getting banned from pvp towns for pvping, because people are power hungry and they Will hit that button if they die to much to someone.

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Im not saying everyone would ban to avoid death, but the nature of people garuntees it will happen.

Once aoe's and shooting/sending pets thru walls is fixed i honestly think thatll be sufficient. The town guard thing is cool as long as they are as strong as other npcs, could maybe use the property pet mechanics that exist and have them be agressive, and archers.

3. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Managed + PvP vs Straw man comparison

Figured I'd drop those there so people knew what each meant...

I actually feel like the topic should be edited by the OP and have it renamed to Managed PVP in POTs. Since they're not actually reporting something and talking about how to manage PvP it would encourage more people who want to comment on this topic to join the conversation. Any chance on that @Jar Laxle?
    @Duke Lorimus owns Malus...

I actually think this is a great idea. The people who are putting in the time testing the towns should have the highest form of feedback. Everyone else is speculating. It's really hard for me to see all this speculation because I already know that the in-game implemented systems solve most of the complaints here and it's bugs that people are upset with. No doubt in my mind. That small of a group would actually allow the feedback to be conversed, refined, and heard and not lost in speculation.

I SUPPORT THIS! :D Great idea!

PK U, Minerva and Fister Magee like this.
  4. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

As someone who has had 11 guards on standby for an expected PK group that never showed... they get really bored really fast. I started letting my guards participate in the event because the game sucks when you're always sidelined. What is the purpose of having a guard if you never get attacked? That's just a day full of fun exciting fighting in Vengeance ^.^

Having them come back isn't the issue. Having speed hackers, wall hackers, "fiery weapon" (for a type of exploit that was so over-the-top you get what I'm referencing... everyone who used it knew they were cheating but it was embraced by BMC and W7 so not much could be done about it not being used anywhere besides my tournaments... and it wasn't used in my tournaments because OTHER PVPERS) exploiters, verbal spammers, and likeminded supporters of theirs come back over and over is the issue.

PK U likes this.
  5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

But theres also folks who experienced pvp town pvp situations and pvp town griefing that dont own the pvp towns they live in that dont have the bug of power and "i paid money etc" nipping in thier ear whom i think have equally valid perspectives.

PK U likes this.
  6. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Don't forget @2112Starman is in EVL. So EVL already knows who Sciamano is and that he is not only Violations brother but the X leader of OOV. So there is no need to answer my question that you conveniently ignored. Does OOV choose a different

game play than OTC? Perhaps but blood will always be thicker than a silly guild tag that only serves to hide your guild from its intentions.

I just found out that your guild is doing events with BMC. How convenient. Violation sends his brother to disrupt EVL events and you guys act like its not your fault?

Keep digging yourselves a grave, I did warn you guys this would happen.

You can kill me AFK all you want, I am only parked there to show support to our army.

I will not fight back inside that audience nor will any of our army out of respect to EVL. I will fight back outside Chaos Caverns. All your guild has managed to do is kill someone AFK and piss off the largest guild on the server. Was it worth it?

Instead of trying to best someone AFK why not fight like men inside the arena and best my PVP fighters??? Yes like men? Instead you send your x leader and Vios brother to do your dirty work.

Your guild has no honor.

*throws down his gauntlet*

Try joining the tourney and besting my fighters like men do and show SOTA that OOV/OTC fights with honor and not in the shadows like cowards.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

To stop griefers like that, im in favor of a control, exploiters will be reportable so theres already a control for that.

I still also think have a list of people you can put longer respawn timers on or ban folks from using the ankhs instead of banning them from town would be a better plan than banning from the town

8. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

This is why the speculation is so dangerous. Every change that's made has a repercussion that ripples and most of us don't (read I KNOW I DON'T so I'm guessing others don't) have the game design experience these developers do and should remember our feedback can be ignored for a good reason... even if it's a group of 5 or six of us that keep championing the same change. That's still only 5 or 6 out of tens of thousands of backers and a hoped for 100s of thousands of players.

I don't disagree with that. But the issue is how many speculative points of view you have in here causes human nature in other posters to take effect and spiral the conversation into wrong directions. You know from personal experience how I think of players vs payers. I always see players as more important than payers. Unfortunately due to timeframe it has to be a very select few people imo if we want to see this in before the end of the year at release of E1. The easiest way to do that is grab the people who paid and then filter those who actually paid AND play vs those who just paid. Then it's their responsibility to get the players from their town properly represented in the feedback and to champion their words to the group.

That's the wrong person... before you try to use someone as collateral in your fight make sure you know who you're tagging. Also, your previous point was erroneous and will be responded to when I feel like it. Your points aren't worth my time and are off topic here. As such, the rest of your points will also be ignored as they are equally wrong.

9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

This entire post is inaccurate, and irrelevant. What ideas do you have on controls for pvp towns?

10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I agree with u and brickbat vio, i like the efficiency of the smaller groups. I just want yall to be sure you keep the pvpers as a whole in mind so they can have fun too (pks included)

PK U and Violation Clauth like this.
  11. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

It's too much pay-to-win though. I'll give you a perfect example:

If a proposed fight happened between BEAR and OoV that we wanted to stage last year... an RP thing... happened and we did it in Vengeance what would be the chance that someone would:
    A: get targeted with a longer respawn because it's the right of the town owner to execute his commands to protect his town (yeah, I'd never do that, but just stick with me here)
    B: get blamed for using longer respawns when he didn't because everyone else does it (yeah, that happens a lot... discourages to the point I just quit doing them)
    C: get targeted with a longer respawn to handle a griefer and then blamed it was abused and have no real recourse besides explaining drama to an already dramatic environment (yeah, that's what turns my stomach and why I just quit)
    D: ...

The slope is an endlessly slippery one. You can't have a pay-to-win mechanic like this. You just can't. The 1-hit-kill is actually WAY better because it's less punishing than a longer respawn in the entire scheme of things... just my opinion.

12. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Envy is a PK... Lorimus can represent PKs... the devs are basically all PKs with hacks... have you seen Lord British at a tournament? Dang guy can't follow rules he just puts his cheats on and kills everyone! LOL

Minerva likes this.
  13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

As long as a full town ban isnt the result id honestly be fine with whatever. My primary motivation for posting here is to try and steer away from bans

14. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I throw down my gauntlet and you ignore it. When you guys grow a pair, my guys will be waiting to fight with honor in the arena.

You keep your fight in the shadows and soon everyone will loose respect for OOV/OTC.

To answer your question "Kardashians" is what you are making your guilds look like to the community.

I find it ironic that the very guild responsible for this post is the one trying to champion a solution.

Lord help us all.

15. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Since you cannot be dissuaded to stop going off topic... please take this off-topic banter here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-of-vengeance-an-emissary-note-to-hsog.53364/

16. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

My problem with smaller groups is that if you have the wrong people it's garbage in and garbage out. Take the combat scrum for example. Complete garbage and a waste of time that resulted in a poor combat system and very little to show for all that "work". I'm not interested in repeating that with PVP Town Owners.

I'm confident that the developers can take our feedback, process it, and deliver the best solution they can without a handful of PVP Town owners supplying them with an agenda driven narrative. One of the reasons I enjoy posting so much in the forums is that I believe good logic will overcome bad logic. I think the devs have done a good job determining which is which. It's really only when the developers "try things out" on the whim of a few players that they get into trouble.

17. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Your perception of the combat scrum was that it was garbage because you were invited into it and created chaos and then removed from it. The scrum takes features the devs create, tests them, and gives them results of the tests. It does not change what features are there. You felt like it was a platform group for you to redesign the combat system and it was never intended to be that... it was a way to work within the systems that Chris was already working on to make them better... in the six months leading up to the scrum there were maybe 1/4 of the fixes that happened every month since the scrum was created. I'd say it's not just a success: it's a huge success.

I think the lesson that can be learned is making sure you don't get the wrong people in the group... you're absolutely right.

Please be sure you don't misrepresent thousands of hours of player time and call us garbage in the future. It's not polite.

18. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

As a third party I must agree with William. Violotions brother Sciamano has purposely interrupted the virtue league two weeks in a row. he attacked someone in stands and then the crowd killed him. After this, they got banned from the lot yet learned how to sneak back on it (walls). For a good 30 minutes after, they interrupted the event on purpose. How do I know, because I was one of many that got hit by chain lighting while standing on the starting spot ready to fight. Our fighters were being hit as they were trying to league.

But, last wed, me and another EVL guy went on patrol after the attack in the stands and we killed Sciamano who was still lurking around trying to get in under stealth. He seemed to leave after that. This was actually pretty fun.

While I actually respected the PvP hit, I was utterly disappointing at their purposeful disruption of the league event. I would have been perfectly fine with this all if they hadn't chosen to disrupt the event.

I say this as my opinion, not related at all to how my guild feels about it.

Vesper Merchant likes this.
  19. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The only thing you got right in your summary was that I was invited to the combat scrum. I didn't ask to be there.

The reason there was "chaos" was because the moment I commented (and I waited and observed before I commented on anything) I was attacked by multiple people, including you. Even after I was out of the combat scrum I was hounded in the public forums for months by you and others in the scrum that couldn't handle feedback counter to the complete nonsense you guys were spewing. Instead of doing your great work in the combat scrum, people felt threatened by my words in the public forums and felt the need to use personal attacks and dismissive posts on anything I said related to combat.

Yet here we are years later and what do we have to show for it?

No, actually what's not polite is to stand around acting like your 1000's of hours of playing the game have resulted in a good combat system. What's the first thing people talk about on Steam reviews? It's not how great this combat system is.

If I were you I would not be talking about the combat system like it was some kind of badge of honor. I would be totally embarrassed if I put 1000 hours of time into this combat system. It's probably the single reason that we have such a low population. That's not meant to be a shot at Chris or the developers by the way. I'm sure they feel that pressure without my feedback. But for fans to strut around saying "I was a part of that wonderful combat scrum" is beyond my ability to comprehend. What a wasted opportunity that was to change the design and the implementation of one of the core pieces of this game.

But back on topic....let's not do that ever again. Let's not assume that having 8 people in a little bubble giving bad advice is going to produce good results.

Vesper Merchant likes this.
  20. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Watching the slow de-evolution of this thread. Its disheartening. We are ALL passionate about a game we love, just feels as if some of it is misplaced...at least in this thread.

To summarize a bit:

1) very few want bans of any kind, a few want some sort of temp ban in PvP towns
    2) Some sort of NPC Guard implementation needs to be looked at
    3) broken game mechanics are compounding the problem right now
    4) seems like a discussion on what tools PoT owners are allotted should be had, both PvP and PvE.

I'm sure I missed points, feel free to add them w/a FTFY. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.