POT - Information Repository?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Merick, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merick

Merick Avatar

Is there a repository of everything we know about POT's somewhere? The official FAQ is pretty old and vague.

I submitted my POT info today. I notice that for Static designs, there is an option to choose an NPC building (I'm only a hamlet).

I take it this is something the POT owner can choose, place, and change in-game with the Dynamic template option?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  2. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

@Jatvardur - tagging him as his group had made a POT pdf a while ago explaining some of the different options at the time.
    He may have the current link.

All the biomes are on display in a place called Hometown, which is SouthEast of Soltown in the Perennial Trail area of Novia.
    They are accessed via carts within Hometown and are near a Point of Interest marker called Central Bridge.

The snowy mountain biome is in game, and this page has information on the template choices.

That should get you started with visuals.

Time Lord and Merovingi-Sinclair like this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

If you chose static then Portalarium will place your buildings for you as per a given template that they will make some small cosmetic changes to.

While if you chose Dynamic you are given all of the buildings and NPCs to your bank. So you can pick any building and place it wherever you want. Then whenever you wish you can remove that building and place another. As long as you don't exceed your maximum.
    Same thing with NPCs. Which for dynamic is seperate from the buildings so you can mix and match as you please.

For a small sized POT I'd advice that there really is no reason to chose Static since you are so far down the priority list that they won't have time to make enough custom job on it to matter.
    So you'll be much happier with dynamic.

Solazur and Time Lord like this.
  4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

The benefit of dynamic is you can change up every thing yourself (NPC building, placed lot markers for others to place their lot and homes, NPC vendors, and lights.) This offers the most flexibility.

Lord-Galiwyn, Solazur and Time Lord like this.
  5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I would also recommend keeping your town Dynamic unless you have a very compelling reason to want a Custom Static template.

While you can get (nearly) exactly what you want with a Custom Static template, you completly give up the ability to change anything. Yes... It's Custom (within reason, they aren't going to build you and entirely new template... You'll need to start with an existing template and they'll customize it for you), but it will most certainly be STATIC.

Solazur and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.