1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

Astoria Lumber Company hiring Lumberjacks

Discussion in 'House & Lot Listings (WTS/WTB)' started by helomech, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helomech

helomech Avatar

Astoria Lumber Company -
    Final wipe will be upon us in no time. I have established a Lumber Company in the Northwest. If you are looking for a place to live in the World and you don't have one, I have a proposition for you. I will provide housing, for free.... You don't need to buy a lot, you don't need to buy a house and you wont pay a dime in Taxes. The only requirement is 200 logs per week (which you will be paid for). I will pay you for each and every log you bring back to the sawmill by trade or purchase order. Feel free to Log more than 200 and sell to the Lumber Company Vendor at the same rate as your weekly pay. Once you have earned enough to purchase a lot, you can do so and place it within Astoria or another town. There will be a chest assigned to you and you can put your logs in the chest as you get them. On Friday I will come to each chest, and pay you for the logs. Once we have a crew of 16 people, we will stop hiring and applicants will go into the hiring pool. You may not place a vendor at any time within Astoria without speaking with a town owner. I will be taking applications starting today. I do not sell resources outside of the game and only purchase items from the add on store. This should be a great opportunity for new players. I look forward to meeting you.
    Thank you
    Deiter VomPasker / Astoria Lumber Company

This is an honest opportunity for anyone who needs housing. Its exactly how I am going to do it. Please keep any comments positive. If you sell wood, or plan to, I'm not trying to get into any kind of squabble. Not interested in competing in any way. I have private customers and a private vendor. Anyone interested in purchasing from our sawmill can contact me in-game to have their name added to the vendor. I have no intention of buying anyone out to attempt to control the market. The supply of wood obtained for my sawmill is pretty much spoken for. Meaning, Guaranteed work and guaranteed pay. Please apply by PM'ing me.

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

This assumes that there will be deeds to purchase of NPCs like it has been during pre alpha testing.
    Something which isn't going to happen. Instead there will be a lottery which is planned for R33.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/q3-2016-schedule-update.53494/#post-584364

So you will give these 16 lumberjacks Kindred access to your property which you have claimed with your deed in return for exclusive sales of 200 logs?
    Or will they be guest access only with one private chest each?
    Or is this only an offer on you reserving a lot in your POT if/when they have earned a deed to claim that lot?
    If they will be getting access to your housing then you might want to tell them what that Free Housing entails, like the risks and rewards of sharing housing with someone and what the owners permissions entails.
    If it is only a lot reservation then you should specify that, since that is something else entirely.
    Also if you reserve a lot then you might want to specify sizes etc.

Also let's say they sell you those 200 logs per week until they earn a deed, and you allow them to claim a lot in your POT, then are they still required to sell you 200 per week in perpetuity? If so what happens if they miss a sale? Or a couple? Let's say they go AWOL for a month with no logs sold, will their deed claimed lot still be there?
    At which price point? Will it float with the market or be a fixed rate? Can it be renegotiated?

Lord Andernut likes this.
  3. helomech

helomech Avatar

Your post is a lot all at one time. But I will try my best to answer every question.
    1. If there are no lot deeds to be purchased after they've earned enough to purchase one with in game gold. I guess they'll be sitting on whatever amount of money we set for them to make and move on out.
    I don't know the absolute future of the game and can only speculate and assume like the rest of us. I will adjust where its necessary to adjust. I can tell you this... for every employee of the lumber company, there will be a row plot marker reserved for each and every one of them. If they are able to use it, awesome.
    2. Yes, they will have access to one of my lots that i place... Kindred, yes... for 200 logs a week, correct.
    3. No, they will not be given guest access, they will be kindred, but they will each have a chest also.
    4. Its only an offer to help new players get started exactly as i have explained it.
    5. For those interested in a job and inquiring by PM'ing me, the details will be granted at that time about security and the risks involved. Again, we will adjust to whatever security we can use.
    6. As far as it only being a lot reservation or anything else... the details will be given to the applicant. As i said before, they will have a guaranteed spot to place a row house. ( Choosing the location is up for negotiation)
    7. If I reserve a lot, i might want to specify sizes.... again, information to the applicant. Are you suggesting this will make the deal more attractive? If so, a PM would suffice.
    8. Once they have earned enough to purchase a deed, if they exist post wipe, they will no longer be required to cut a single tree. They do however have the option to sell trees to the vendor at any time. They will make room for another applicant that needs some help getting started.
    9. Obviously I am going to have to fluctuate with the economy, prices will change accordingly, as with any resource. And as far as negotiation?? Can what be renegotiated? The economy? The cost of a log? What I pay for logs? How much I pay my employees for 200 logs? No.... I will pay/charge according to the economy.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

This sounds like a pretty good idea. Dont often see folks willing to take in and employ random folks with a system to ensure they all benifit from it.

5. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

From What i have read... seems like a pretty cool idea... for logging 200 logs a week you get access to place a chest in a house early on till you can gander enough gold to buy/win a lot from the lottery and get paid for doing it. Should they want to stay at the end of this they are guaranteed a lot in that town. where now i see that as a non issue non of us know where the future will take us and lot's could become very rare in the game.

Over all great idea to tap into resources and help new players at the same time.

6. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

What a creative way to help new players! Way to work this economy thing!!! :)

@Spoon I understand you have concerns but I think that this seems like a symbiotic relationship. I am sure the parties can work out the details. I love that it is modeled after real life.

7. Knights_of_White_Satin

Knights_of_White_Satin Avatar

Don't think there are too many Loop-Holes in this proposition if "Any". With all that was stated and
    planned, "Excellent" idea over-all. You got my "Vote" - Bravo!!! So the proposition may have to be
    "Tweaked" a little now and then based on the in-game Economy - "No Biggie Thing" really. But other
    then that, "Bulls-Eye" imo Good Luck and You will always have My Support.

:D :cool: ;) :) :p

8. Knights_of_White_Satin

Knights_of_White_Satin Avatar

I know that the Public Forum's gives the Avatar(s) the option to state their opinions and all.
    But imo, I feel that this is up to You and the Avatar(s) to work this "Proposal" out in "Detail"
    in Private between All of the involved Party's on Your (Pot).

:)

9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I'm a bit puzzled by the comments visavi my post there?
    None of it was any criticism nor was the wording of it negative, just your basic vetting questions. For things like this any clarity brought forth for the proposition would make it more, not less, attractive. While unecessary ambiguity would have the inverse effect.

I think it was handled well and that helomech's quick response showcased that there was more details to be found and that it had been thought through, which would be a positive thing.

*scratches his head, then shrugs and walks away*

10. helomech

helomech Avatar

Thank you...... *Closes the door gently as he exits*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.