R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

mbomber likes this.
  2. Fain

Fain Avatar

If you have no plot deed then yes, you wasted $35. The deeds are the difficult thing to get, the houses are relatively easy to get. There will be lotterys for additional deeds or alternatively you may be able to talk to a player that owns a town to see if they'd be willing to let you live in their town!

enderandrew likes this.
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Lot selection is being gated dependent on your Tier, and Pledge Level. See my thread A Simple Guide to Lot Selection for more details.

MagiK likes this.
  4. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Piratical? it's called Capitalism, and nothing at all wrong with it unless the Devs say no. After My tour of the world, last ngiht, I dont think there is any danger at all that there wont be enough spots for everyone.

mbomber, Black Tortoise and cartodude like this.
  5. Almar

Almar Avatar

Wow. That sucks. I don't mind donating money to the game, but I wish it was for something I could use.

That really should be made clear at purchase :( that has actually made me feel a bit sad about how SOTA is progressing now. Why sell stuff people can't use?

I bought the Immortal Adventurer pack back in the early call - Dec '13 I think it was, pretty basic pack, but I did think if I bought a house today (as in upgrade my pledge) I should at least have a chance of placing it.

Balls to this!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    mbomber likes this.
  6. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

If you have not claimed the house in-game, you can convert it back to store credits via your account page, and purchase something different.

Or I guess you could double-down, and buy a Lot Deed. Tax free ones that can be placed in a POT are available via the new Bundles on the add-on store. :)

7. Almar

Almar Avatar

Well, firstly I've claimed the deed in an attempt to place it, secondly, those bundles come with a warning:

*WARNING**: This Player Owned Town Property Deed can only be used to claim a lot in a Player Owned Town, and cannot claim a lot outside of Player Owned Towns. If you do not own a Player Owned Town, then we strongly recommend you get advance permission from a Player Owned Town owner to claim a lot in their town prior to purchasing this property deed.

Pity there wasn't a warning on the house I bought.

Acred likes this.
  8. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Don't let the warning deter you, there are plenty of friendly player town owners out there, of which I include myself.

If you do choose not to use the house, you could always try selling it to another player, either in-game or via the Marketplace forum.

Best of luck. :)

mbomber, Jatvardur and Tahru like this.
  9. bwtdozer

bwtdozer Avatar

Every House in the add-on store has this warning. Its been there for a long time now.
    (NOTE: You will need a Row, Village, Town, or City Level Property to place this home in-game. Ancestor Level pledges and higher will still receive the home included in their rewards if they purchase this home as an add-on)

Womby, mbomber, Tiki Pirate and 4 others like this.
  10. Lord Green

Lord Green Avatar

^^^^ This. Is. Important.

A whole lot of stuff should be made more clear given that we're in a persistent state right now. There's a lot of reliance on the idea that people can dig some bit of data out of three years of forum posts, developer updates, and game-jargon-laded disclaimers.

For people who are reading about the game and coming in now, the reliance on this is going to be infuriating. Veterans patting themselves on the back for knowing it isn't going to help.

If I ran the zoo, fixing this -- so that people like Almar do not have this experience -- would be my priority over absolutely everything else. Persistence is no joke.

11. Lord Green

Lord Green Avatar

That statement is only informative to the degree that the purchaser:

a) knows what "a Row, Village, Town, or City Level Property" is,
    b) knows that having such a "property" requires a specific deed purchase, and
    c) knows that such a deed purchase is impossible at this moment, without a lot of hoop-jumping or ancillary purchases.

The entire SotA ecosystem -- including that disclaimer -- is by and for people who are already well-versed in the development cycle and jargon of SotA. That has been fine for three years, since that's exactly who it has been serving.

But whether it's called "launch" or not, persistence instantly changes the importance of this stuff because SotA will attract new players -- just as persistence is designed to. It is really important to address this stuff, not brush it aside, so people don't have a crummy first experience with this world.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  12. Hillel Slovak

Hillel Slovak Avatar

This x 1000. I purchased Lord package 3 years ago hoping that when the game was finished I would hop on and play and learn the ropes as I went along. Two weeks ago I find out the game isn't finished but they aren't wiping it anymore so I need to place if I want to maintain some value to a pledge I bought. (Might not have any town plots left etc.) So I am forced to take a crash course in this game, learn the lingo, learn the controls and learn things that everyone else did in three years basically. The thing is this games unfinished and I didn't want to play an unfinished game because if it left a bad taste in my mouth I wouldn't probably come back. So now I'm forced to play this clunky,unfinished, game or risk losing placing housing which is basically why the pledge cost that much to begin with. I don't understand how you can not wipe anymore yet the games unfinished. How "unfinished " can it be if they aren't wiping it anymore ?

Kalorilan, LoneStranger and Mykll like this.
  13. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

There will be plenty of town lots for now. If you have a lord pledge rest assured you can get one. However I would pick up that lot this month if you want to guarantee iit. Your lord pledgeshould give you more than 6 months of security on that lot. It won't revert to your bank box nearly as fast as a lot with rent will. So if you want to wait till some more polish and the quest lines are completed you don't have to start playing full time now. Although I hope you do because I really like the crafting system better than I thought I would and I want to make stuff for you to buy and the community is awesome.

14. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

The mistake has been made and I dare say many more will be; however, the statement exists and is 'correct'. Players have to take some responsibility for researching and understanding the game.

New players are always welcome to ask questions either in the forum, in game, or in irc / discord. There are plenty of people willing to help. And also support@portalarium.com too.

I backed at kickstarter and have been reasonably active since then. There is still a bunch of stuff I don't know, so I asked questions. I wasn't as active as some so there is a gap in my knowledge. Everyone has responded to me a pleasant manner. Even with a huge warning sign I fear that mistakes will still be made. It is human nature after all.

I wouldn't say the $35 is wasted. It is possible to buy a lot and place the house. Had it been a city sized house then perhaps it would have been closer to wasted, but that isn't unsalvageable either. The house can always be sold in the market forum or in game. I don't think this situation is dire in any way.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Oh the question isn't about enough room anymore.
    It's about Location. And there isn't enough Prime location for everybody.
    I don't mind it but it will be enough for a Drama if you'd ask me ;-)

16. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Ok what you do is to play the game save gold and when the lottery eventually comes out you can bit for a lot with in game gold

Ice Queen, MagiK and Jatvardur like this.
  17. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

man you guys are soooooo off topic...

mbomber, Tiki Pirate and Jatvardur like this.
  18. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Just think if everyone can just buy a house lot of $35 when they start playing, then housing will become worthless and nothing to work for. Remember the days in UO where housing spots very hard to get and also expensive, I had to wait months to find a spot and that was in the middle of a swamp area surrounded by hungry crocodiles

MagiK likes this.
  19. Almar

Almar Avatar

Yes, I started with a garden shed in the middle of Trinsic Forest, miles from anywhere and finally ended up with a large Tower on the Yew Road.

I remember it all pretty well, still, as someone above posted, as a player who dips in and out of the SOTA development when he gets time, that Note was rather confusing/vague unless you had read everything associated on the forum.

I shall write this off now and hope for better things to come.

20. Almar

Almar Avatar

Apologies.

Back on track now I hope!

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.