R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Oh come on. It says that you require a x, x, x or x level property to place a house. If you don't know what it is, THEN YOU DONT HAVE IT EITHER. " Oh, i want to buy this Boat, but it says i require a spot in a dock to place it. I dont know what a dock is but im sure i have one *Buys it* " .. Yeah, No.

Anywho, Fantastic thread, i like it :)

2. Elay

Elay Avatar

And that's the bit that bothers me, I'm not keen on having my vendor 4 rows back from a main road where no one will ever see it!

3. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Not everything is about location. Once you have vendor(s) Stocked with items that people want at prices they want to pay, they will come to your vendor :)

Oh and plus, its impossible to say where the prime locations will be, at this time. Pure Speculation.

4. Duke Ironman

Duke Ironman Avatar

Some people will need to make a personal choice of either size or location. Those with village lot deeds could choose a row lot on the main road of a town or they can have a nice house on a village lot tucked away. As a Duke I opted for a keep in Spite that is on top of a hill and unlikely many people will pass. Sucks for vendors but it also has a beautiful view and it's now mine. Starting to feel like home already. Doesn't that alone have great value?

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Good luck with that.
    No sarcasm intended. And I belive it is possible. You will have a lot of footwork to do though.

mbomber, cartodude and Jatvardur like this.
  6. Elay

Elay Avatar

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining as such, people paid good money to get to the head of the queue to get their property where they want it - that's how it works whether we like it or not! and the same applies at every level - I'm quite sure some with village deeds will choose Rows because of location.

Arradin is right, there are plenty of shops in the real world that are on back streets that have excellent custom because of quality and service or specific goods being sold at a specific price - I'm just disappointed that it doesn't look like i'll be getting my vendor available with easy access to passer's by. - quite often it's passing trade that makes a difference!

Duke Ironman - completely agree, it's got enormous value - - as a place to live... but again, I'm looking at placing a shop rather than a home and I've got different criteria for the two

7. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I struggled with that too.

I opted to place village lot in the end. I created a guild which is all about crafting and trading, so it felt a bit irresponsible not to try and grab a good spot which would help the guild. I did fancy a keep lot but wasn't sure if any would really do want I hope to achieve.

In addition I need a lot in my POT and I think placing the keep lot there will make more sense. I think it will end up being a market square rather than a house though. The goal being to create a town centre that encourages crafting and trading. :)

I know Duke Greagiour decided to claim a row lot in Brit Alleys in order to have a shop in a busy area. I suspect he will place his keep in his pot too.

8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Welcome back Duke Ironman!!

That is correct. I did select a row lot in Brittany Alleys so there was more exposure for Dara Brae's crafters and resource gatherers. Not a lot of people are going to stop at Dara Brae to look for a vendor for ore, cotton, or chairs.

Dara Brae will have a museum and a gift shop located in my waterfront Castle. I will use my keep lot for that once they enable placing off of a dock. I cannot wait for a dressform so I can display armor.

9. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

But at least the purchaser knows they dont have one.

10. Fain

Fain Avatar

I'm surprised everyone is trying to settle in Brittany Central. That place is a nightmare to navigate through and it takes forever to get from one side to the other.

I don't envision spending much time there!

11. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

That reminds me of real life places to eat. Yeah you can go to the big fancy chain places right off the main road... But... Once you find out about that little hole in the wall place buried blocks off the main road but full of charm and deliciousness, you will keep going off that main road and keep going to that little hole in the wall. And word will spread. And that local hole in the wall will thrive.

Jatvardur, margaritte and Arradin like this.
  12. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

There are enough lots in NPC/PRTs to cover all the pledge deeds + 30%.

As a Duke, I got a Keep deed and a Village deed. I'm putting my Keep in a POT, so I claimed a Village lot in Central Brittany in my first window. But I didn't use my Keep deed to take a Village lot (the concern some people were voicing). I used a Village deed to claim the Village lot. Since I had a Village deed, that is part of the numbers making sure there are enough in the world.

And with many people placing in POTs, you shouldn't have a problem claiming a Village lot when you're turn is up.

13. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

But they don't know they can't get one through game play, without winning a lottery. Lottery is counter-intuitive - no one else has ever done this as far as I know, there's no reason for people not familiar with the forums to know of it.

I certainly think the store is confusing. There should be language in decent sized print at the top of each section delineating the requirements that page's items have and with hyperlinks to explanations of what those things mean. And this doesn't mean a link to a Darkstarr post with 20 different sections that was written for vets, it means something specifically tailored to people unfamiliar with the system.

When you're taking money from folks, there is a higher standard of presentation required -- otherwise it's just going to be work for support@portalarium.com processing refunds.

Tiki Pirate, Lord Green and Mykll like this.
  14. Elay

Elay Avatar

So, another thought occurs to me (it's dangerous this thinking business...)

What if I choose, what I consider to be, a prime place in a 'work in progress' town and then when the Dev's get round to finishing it all the plots are moved? Can that happen?

15. bwtdozer

bwtdozer Avatar

No. The Devs have stated that the "cloned towns" will only have the window dressing change. All lots and Npc areas will stay the same

Vaentorian, enderandrew and Elay like this.
  16. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I don't think that is accurate. I don't think people care if you had of used your keep deed to claim a lower lot or used your extra village deed to. It makes no difference to them, in fact it is more risky for yourself to have claimed with your greater deed, to then have to at a later date swap out for your lower deed. Present game mechanics depending.
    What people are complaining about is that people with the opportunity to place first due to pledge level are using it to claim lower level lots in perceived prime locations. Before POT's people would have claimed at their level due to not wanting to miss out on good locations.
    It would have been much better that lower levels got to claim first, and then upwards.
    I'm not knocking people that have obviously spent a great deal of money here, some with high level pledges and POT's to their name, Thank you!, but it would have been nice to allow still valuable contributors($275 and up is not to be sneezed at) a shot at the good locations and not to keep all the wealth of the land in the top 5% of contributors.

17. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

[​IMG]

18. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I saw several people voice concerns that people would use Keep deeds for Village lots, so that more Village lots would be consumed that Portalarium accounted for, and then suddenly no Village lots would be available. Given that I used a Village lot for a Village lot, and that there are enough Village lots for every pledge deed, plus a bonus 30% (plus 300+ POTs) the fears that there wouldn't be available Village lots when Citizens and the like want to claim them is a bit silly. There will be plenty.

Pulsar and cartodude like this.
  19. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

No. So say you.

No one is getting "sneezed at". People that paid more are getting ahead of people that paid less. They aren't taking "your" spot, they're taking their spot.

It's painful to watch some of the finger pointing in this thread. So say we all, indeed. There are a bazillion good spots left in this game, go find one and stop acting like you got the shaft because you didn't.

20. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

SOTA is a real-life-simulation - didn't you know? :)
    And that's why I pledged only 45$ and no cent more.

Pulsar and Black Tortoise like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.