R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I have no qualms rewarding people with vanity items/land, etc. for helping fund development. I am against money = power and pay to win.

But I tell people all the time that the game needs to be able to play well for the $45 players as well without being forced to open your wallet anymore.

2. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

I fully agree. Richard fell to "loud" ppl again like in the old days. Now they drove him to reinstall the RL-capitalism into a fantasy-computergame. Well - dunno but don't think it will work on the long run. ;)

Dazzy likes this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Right, because in real life I can just go kill mobs to farm gold for hours and buy anything I want to.

I know there are plenty of people that *think* that the real money puts you at a disadvantage, but those people are wrongly applying their false narrative to the reality of this game. I don't even have a house in this game, nor am I using any special pledge or add-on store items and I'm leveling and gaining all kinds of gold. I'm able to buy gold crowns, add-on store items, anything I want.

So good that you paid $45, that's all you need to pay to have as much fun as anyone else.

4. Drocis the Devious

If people would stop complaining and just play the game, it would work just fine. You can get anything you want for in-game gold.

mbomber, StevieD, Acred and 3 others like this.
  5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Indeed there will be, but all the shiny ones will mostly have gone.

I hope it is as life like as it can be, it adds depth. If everything has no meaning, then actions and consequence have no meaning. It would have been nice though to have kept real world financial mechanics out of it all.
    I pledged rather high....3 times now...sold off twice...so they are obviously doing something right with the world they are offering to me at least for me to come back yet again.. No ones perfect and you cant accurately predict the future but i believe they have good intentions for the game and us as backers, It must be a difficult position to be in getting funding and not alienating people one way or another. On the whole i think they are doing a great job, on the game and dealing with us all, just some things as ever could be done in a better way. All differing opinions of course.

6. Drocis the Devious

I'm glad you're back, Bow Vale.

Keldrin, mbomber, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  7. Toff

Toff Avatar

Ok, I'm still not sure how many "Lot Deeds" I should have someone PLEASE help. :)

I Pledge as a Knight a couple years ago, upon hearing of the "land Rush" I started crashing the boards looking for answers. I have sense upped my pledge to Knight Marshal, then again to Lord Marshal. Can someone tell me how many damn Lot Deeds I have and of what Kind please.

Leelu likes this.
  8. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Best thing to do is to email support

Leelu, Ice Queen and Toff like this.
  9. AvatarGG

+1

Cassandra Corax likes this.
  10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I have tried to update the Brittney count but the town cryer seems hosed. He didn't summarize and the lot list says "Loading" constantly.

11. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Ill take that as truthful, although I'm not too sure!

The Baron is correct though...for $45 you can enjoy the game immensely. I am obviously working from the bank as most people are at the moment but i am loving the game and see many many years of life in this girl. I am glad i backed at the position i did but not having to work for things as much in game will dampen the experience for sure over the years. Feel lucky Last Defender, you will get more satisfaction I'm sure working your way up to be The FIRST Defender of the Realm :)

12. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Some thoughts before we light our torches and grab pitchforks. This land rush only lasts a short period of time. So far I hear minimal complaints from those who pledged the most.

I understand those placing later fear they will not have a good spot. Some of that fear maybe valid but best option is to wait and see. Everyone will get a lot outside a POT if they desire.

Life isn't fair and unfairness translates into our virtual community. People who spend more, get more. but Long term the benefit should have minimal impact on someone willing to work harder. Prime vendor location is only prime if quality goods at a fair price are sold.

I hate boarding a plane and walking past the First Class on my way to Economy. Those people paid several times more but we all get to our final destination at the same time. Not that I can't afford First Class, but it seems like a waste of money for a few hours of additional "comfort." Except for those 24 hour flights to Australia, those might be worth the cost.

Your lot does not determine your worth or what you become in game. The lot is only one variable in a complex equation. Crying and whining will guarantee you fail. Determination and hard work just like real life pays off in our Virtual world.

The Developers gave us the tools, build your own world and set your own path.

13. Drocis the Devious

I was being very sincere.

14. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I've got a good spot, but I may not even put out my vendor. I think the cloned/lifeless vendors are off-putting. Unless I'm a dedicated crafter whose wares people really want, the vendor won't benefit me.

I think some of the best crafters will eventually make a name for themselves and people will travel to wherever they are.

mbomber, Hazard, Leelu and 1 other person like this.
  15. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

What I think is truly remarkable is how impassioned many people are. It's as if this is more than a game. Kinda flattering. I hope the game lives up to that standard.

mbomber, Acred, cartodude and 6 others like this.
  16. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

No game has excited me as much since my first Ultima Online or since the greatest MMO SWG (at release).

Shroud of the Avatar is a valuable gem, still mostly unpolished, but the potential value is evident.

mbomber, Ellrynn, Tiki Pirate and 7 others like this.
  17. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

I'm sorry you feel that way. I would have been much much happier (and had much more disposable income) if I could have gotten the lot I wanted at a lower price. I went all the way to LOTM primarily for lot selection order so that I could place a vendor in a prime spot. I don't care about the castle deed, I have no use for it, in fact, I've not placed it and will trade it as soon as I can in R33. I don't think there is a single castle lot in the game that's going to drive a lot of natural foot traffic to a vendor.

The town lot that I claimed at the entrance of Central Brittany (yes, the one that you said in another thread you'll boycott :() is the most valuable piece of land in the game for me. It's the piece of land that convinced me to drop $12k on some pixels. I think you agree with me on how valuable it is because you're unhappy that I took it. I don't feel like it was unfair or unjust of me to use a town lot that I pledged for to claim a town lot that will support a (hopefully) profitable vendor.

18. Godra

Godra Avatar

@Toff there is not enough info to go on. There are other factors, as in pledge expirations, when you upgraded and so on. I would send an email to support. I would think you would have a least a Tax Free Town Lot Deed for being a Lord Marshal, however, if you upgraded before the additional lot expiration, then you would also get a Tax Free Village Lot Deed. That date was 8/31/2015. You would have to be in a monthly pledge upgrade before that date to get the 2nd deed and other reward items. So, the most you could have is 2 deeds, they do not stack with previous pledge tiers. But you may only have 1.

Check this update out for details...

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=51857

Acred and Toff like this.
  19. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

i totally agree with you and i'm not that sure that these prime locations people are getting are actually that prime. I hope the game will reward skill and dedication and the best will rise to the top, location irrelevant.

Even the haters...or the ones that have sold up and 'left'...are always hanging around...if ive given up on something i generally don't look back. I did....and they are...the games got a loyal following, even with the ones that say they don't like. All good.

Admit it,....you are all having fun and are excited since the wipe...aren't you?...i certainly am :)

20. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

I haven't placed yet . I will be in the middle number group. I am neither kicking my feet, whining, nor angry. This is exactly how it was explained over and over. I am very happy for those that have placed their lots and I sincerely hope they have got the places they wished for. Yes, they paid for the privilege to do so. That was their choice. I have chose not to, so I will patiently await my turn and be eagerly anticipating my opportunity to do so. We were told in no uncertain terms how this would go down. It is going without a hiccup and I am enjoying going from city to city to see whom is going to live where. :):)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.