Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Battle of Solace Bridge not triggered on first visit to scene.

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by Link_of_Hyrule, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

In order to start the Love quest line I expect the first time I visit solace Bridge to trigger the Battle of Solace Bridge scene however the first time I visited the scene with my character that I went through the blood River tutorial with I did not see the Battle of Solace Bridge scene.

I went through the Battle of Solace Bridge tutorial with an offline character which probably stored data in my registry I'm not sure if this is what caused the problem but I thought that I thought that I would tell you about it anyways to make sure that you're aware of it. Is there any way for me to trigger the Battle of Solace Bridge seeing so that I can complete the quests?

I would also like you to know I find it odd that when visiting the post battle scene I saw a small child's skeleton where Charlotte gray would have been in the tutorial I feel like this shouldn't be there.

2. Blackheath

Blackheath Avatar

I started in Highvale and the Battle of Solace Bridge did not show up for me either. There doesn't seem to be any way to finish the Charlotte Gray quest. I tried asking Edvard about her and he said he found her dead after the fire, but there is no journal entry and the quest is stuck at this point.

enderandrew likes this.
  3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

+1

It used to be that regardless of the path you chose, the first time you went to Blood River, Highvale, Solace Bridge, you'd get the starter scene to start the quests for that path. That isn't the case anymore.

I wanted swords so I went with Resolute but hurried to see the new Solace Bridge scene and I guess I don't get to see it.

I was really excited to see what @Lum did with the place!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  4. Corazon

Corazon Avatar

Happened to me too

5. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

@Lum is there a way we are supposed to get to Battle of Solace Bridge or is it broken right now?

6. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

You only see the Battle of Solace Bridge if you start on Path of Love.

7. enderandrew

Previously you could do all three battle scenes. I hope this will be the case in the future again. The new scene sounded great. I hope to see it eventually.

Blackheath likes this.
  8. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Do you mean if you pick that path during our questions to the oracle? Because if that's the case why is there an NPC asking about charlotte grey in the camp? I agree that it should work how it previously worked so we can all experience each of the quests like before.

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i started on courage, but the first time i entered blood river it took me to the battle.

10. enderandrew

The old "Battle" scenes worked that way, so no matter which one you started with, you'd see all 3. They've changed this with the new "Battle of Solace Bridge" scene. I hope that change isn't permanent and you can see the intro "Battle" scene even if you don't pick Love.

11. Lum the Mad

The change is permanent. You will see only one introductory scene.

Fister Magee likes this.
  12. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

@Lum Will there be a way for people to rescue Charlotte then, as in, will the Battle for Solace Bridge be available to those who do not start out on the Love Quest Line?

13. enderandrew

Richard said part of the reason he was against multiple character slots (though he relented and caved on this) was that you should be able to play the full game with one character.

It sees odd to put so much love and effort into new scenes and then lock them off so players will never see them.

Albus and Fister Magee like this.
  14. Blackheath

Blackheath Avatar

Having one introductory scene for the game makes sense, but that scene not only introduces a new player to basic mechanics of the game but also to whichever virtue line they chose to start with. Since the full game includes all three virtue lines, it would not be inappropriate to include mini-introductions to each of them. I find myself wondering how a player is meant to be introduced to the lines they did not start with. Currently we are all given the items we need to start the love storyline even if we didn't start there. How will this work once development of the other lines is more complete? Perhaps there could be a scaled-back version of each intro that triggers on first entry to each of the other battle scenes. That would give the player a start to the line, all the items they need to continue, introduction to the basic story behind each, and better immersion in the story as a whole.

Fister Magee likes this.
  15. Lum the Mad

No. There will be other, similar sequences in other starter scenes that are exclusive to them as well.

Balandar and Fister Magee like this.
  16. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Interesting... :) and thanks for the reply! I look forward to the reworked battle/massacre scenes in the future! :)

17. enderandrew

I am saddened by this approach, but thanks for letting us know either way.

Albus likes this.
  18. rild

rild Avatar

@Lum thanks for filling us in. Perhaps Abigail should not give the quest to those not starting on the path of Love?

It's probably just confusing now bc we all get ported over to the Love questline from other starting selections.

19. Lum the Mad

Abigail does not give you a quest. She just refers to her daughter being missing. There is no journal entry for her if you did not meet Charlotte earlier.

20. Zeruge

Zeruge Avatar

This is no longer the case. I started in Highvale and when I got to Soltown and talked to Abigail it got a broken quest task that has this at the beginning and end. ?[OBSOLETE ID=232]? I can not or don't know how to delete it from my journal so now it's just sitting there out of place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.