R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I will never charge rent. The town costs me nothing to keep up (I designed it that way) and I've no interest in making this a for-profit endeavor. Most of the Governors I know have the same attitude.
    Governors and their towns will live and die by their reputations. The good ones will NOT evict people capriciously. Those that do will become known in short order

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Or what if all data centers were destroyed by solar flare, all electricity facilities were gone?

You would be like, "oh man..I wish I would stay in this X POT and had a blast with others rather settle with crappy spot."

Nothing last forever and you only live once.

3. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I'd probably go make a sandwich. I love sandwiches.

4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Piling on and belittling a person wnen they post their reasons... Not cool.

5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

I did not advertise my POT nor saying that PRT is crappy. My point is he should go for a POT if he were to find the one that would be suitable for him, don't get hesitate over the uncertainty and choose to stay at certain location that wouldn't be his best (hence I called it crappy). If there is a PRT that is much better, then go for it. If you read my post before that I did make a recommendation to look at the island PRTs as well due to strategic placement.

Ultimately, I hope people won't get discouraged and stray away from enjoying the game just because they couldn't get a lot in Brittany/Owl's Head. The game has much more things to offer everyone.

Tahru likes this.
  6. Numa

Numa Avatar

This is just my personal opinion but PRTs are just an unsatisfying middle ground between an NPC Town and a POT. You don't have the storylines ,quests and rich facilities of an NPC town and & you won't have the town building experience of a POT where you get to know the people you"re going to spend your SOTA life with. Go for an NPC town or a POT, don't settle for a PRT unless you have a really strong reason to be there.

Tahru likes this.
  7. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

I actually did and that's one of the reasons why I deleted.. but you were just too quick ;)

Nick and Tahru like this.
  8. Krissa Lox

Krissa Lox Avatar

I'm actually planning to myself, but my lot placement isn't till Tuesday so it works for me if people keep hating PRT's till then. ;)

But seriously, that is a point to consider. POT owners can (and I am glad they are) talk freely about their plans since they're not competing in land rush. People making plans for PRT's have to remain strategically quiet for the time being because their plans depend on lot placement that hasn't been secured yet.

EVL, Saosis, Tahru and 3 others like this.
  9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

It's all good. :) Also keep in mind that once the lot selection is over. We can own more than one lot. So people can move to other towns later as well. For now, it's probably suffice to just pick any lot that would be strategically suitable for the person that the current adv/prod level. There are many possibilities out there if people look beyond the entrance lots of big towns.

Soon POT will have blessing, resource, and mob spawner (no further details yet), which will depend on the number of town residence. When that time comes, there will be incentive for the POT owners to aggressively try to recruit people. Right now it's all purely for social and player created contents. So it's better to stay with a group of people that you enjoy the company.

Tahru likes this.
  10. Zultar

Zultar Avatar

Hi everyone. First post so be easy on me. I have a tax free Town lot and a taxable Village lot. I want my primary residence to be in Brittany Fields but all the Town lots are gone. They're also gone from the other locations I scouted. I still want to be in Brittany Fields though, so I guess I'll settle for a Village lot. Here's the question - when I go to claim a spot on Monday, can I use my taxable village lot and keep my town lot in my back pocket in case I find another spot after the land rush?

Vesper Merchant, smack, Tahru and 3 others like this.
  11. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Yes! I too have a tax free town lot and just used my taxable row lot during my land rush spot yesterday. You're good.

EVL, Vesper Merchant, smack and 3 others like this.
  12. Azur

Azur Avatar

So by my reckoning there are 770 lots that could have been placed up to and including Group 32 and according to the spreadsheet we have 471 placed, so about 61%. The rest presumably are in POTs (or not placed). Bound to be some inaccuracy because of the age of the Group content values and the update lag on the spreadsheet but interesting nevertheless.

smack and Tahru like this.
  13. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

Only row lots + 1 city water remaining in Etceter :eek:

smack and Tahru like this.
  14. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

I'm telling ya people still looking, Kingsport has a lot of nice village and row lots open. I actually never had a house there, I like the layout and how small it is.

Vesper Merchant, smack and Tahru like this.
  15. Numa

Numa Avatar

I actually dropped by your guildhouse there. It's very nicely positioned , just a bit off the main road but not far. Nice view of the river too.

Tahru, Lord Dreamo and tazntaylr like this.
  16. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Yeah, I was going to take that village lot on the end but it felt too cramped with that town lot there.

Numa and Tahru like this.
  17. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

You can see it from the main road into town too

Numa and Tahru like this.
  18. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Thanks, @Dazzy, I appreciate the vote of confidence.

While I disagree with @Jatvardur that my conviction isn't entirely justified, I do agree the debate has reached a dead end. As I said, I left my feedback in the thread as prompted by @Berek. My voice was heard by Portalarium so I was done, but that was after my last post here. No need to adjust my reasoning or tact. Again, I don't agree but we'll have to agree to disagree.

I'm in the minority on the land rush issue. One of the "few". Most people are fine with the way it was handled so I had no choice but to concede.

...and yes, although there's not much more to say, you can private message me if you need to elaborate further or still have a problem with me as @Dazzy suggested.

Going to give deck building a try today. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend in the game. Looking forward to when the community starts to build up and the world gets going. Things will definitely be in flux until then. See you in game!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    Vesper Merchant, Numa, Mykll and 6 others like this.
  19. Julz

Julz Avatar

Anyone know when the Water Keep spots will be built, currently own one with a friend in Brittany Alleys and impatient to build :)

Tahru likes this.
  20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.