R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

To get the water keep to appear, you have to select the Duke house deed and turn on extra land.

Julz, Tahru and smack like this.
  2. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I respect this. A commendable post. We don't need to agree to be civil. I hope you enjoy the game and the community. I think there are many good things, on the whole, about this community.

3. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Taking another peek at the spreadsheet... What do all the different colors mean that are all over the place? What do the numbers now mean in the cells? How many total? Taken? Left? Doesn't look like what I remember, or else I was looking at someone else's spreadsheet.

Tahru likes this.
  4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Red numbers mean the value has changed from the original, so someone has claimed at least one of that type in the town. The big Yellow background is used for cells with "0" in them.

The "Blue" coloring originally meant the town was a "Clone" and "Green" coloring meant it was originally based on a PRT template.

How many left. :)

Jatvardur, Mykll, Tahru and 2 others like this.
  5. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

I'm in the same situation I upgraded from edelmann to K.Marshall two weeks ago or so, I am just glad I took the decision not to put 100$ to go from group 41 to group 40.
    I will feel even more like a fool if I end up using my town lot on a village lot but that is me,,, gonna try get people to join the same PRT tomorrow :D

Tahru and zyxe like this.
  6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The spreadsheet is very interesting, but I have one question. Is it possible to see how many of each type of lot was originally available in each town? I can see how many lots of each kind are still available, but I can't figure out how to tell how many of each kind have already been claimed in a particular town.

7. smack

smack Avatar

I originally had it so it was # avail / # total in each cell, but it caused initial confusion and more errors in data entry. So I simplified it to only display what's available. What I do now is to have Ice Queen's original spreadsheet open in another tab or window as that still has the original totals so I can quickly compare.

Saosis, Jatvardur, Tahru and 2 others like this.
  8. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Personally, I use the revision history, and go to the original entry to determine the value. Works either way I guess. :)

Tahru, Mykll, Kara Brae and 1 other person like this.
  9. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Ok that's cool - I've never used the Google spreadsheet before, but now that I know what to look for, that gives me the exact information I want without having to refer to multiple sheets. Thanks for the tip!

Tahru, Mykll and NRaas like this.
  10. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Cool thanks. I scrolled around the sheets for some kind of magic decoder ring and didn't see one.

So I wasn't just losing my mind, the format has changed!

NRaas and Tahru like this.
  11. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

I bought a Founder Knight account, melted my Edelmann account and then upgraded to Knight Marshal to get that town lot. I knew I'd be at the bottom of the ladder in selection. I saw were this was going earlier in the week and knew my town lot was toast unless I wanted to settle in the sticks. I personally am heading to a POT rather than a PRT though. I know some people think they are risky and I can see their point. However, I think they can be a better option than the PRT towns and even the non-major (cloned) NPC towns. The good POTs have very active owners who have spent a good deal of time and money developing them. They have also developed an active community around them which you actually don't even really see in the big NPC towns, which are just a bunch of lots (albeit with nice scenery) with vendors and a few quests sprinkled in. Another nice thing in the dynamic POTs is they can change over time based on the needs of the community. I know there are hundreds of POTs, but there are only a few I'd live in. If you pay attention to the forums and the game news, you'll see the ones that stand out.

12. Ponral

Ponral Avatar

What I find interesting about this thread and it's discussion is that how much it seems to match the real world. There seems to be a premise that the tier's down the line are going to get more and more screwed over. Does that mean that larger population of players is going to feel that it is not worth the effort to support an economic system?

Personally, I started as a little Royal founder, but upgraded twice up to Knight level. I imagined at one point just doing the shop keeper thing most of the time, but that would be pretty boring in the sticks. Example: logging in would depend on turn rate of inventory, high traffic area maybe hourly, good spot elsewhere daily and past that once in a while. Dunno, just rolling thoughts around, it would be interesting for someone to be tracking history and economic info just for study.

- ponral

Tahru likes this.
  13. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

Many players rushed to Owl's to set up shop there, basically the entire town is hardcore players, vendors, and Avatars with grand plans. New players will not have any housing over there. And since most new players will be the actual customers and do not live there, the daily traffic of newer players will be much lower than say areas that are currently not taken (where these new players will reside). Having a scene entrance Lot or port Lot in an NPC City/Town for a shop could be amazing. Your shop could be the go-to resupply place for your city residents whenever they want to grind for gold. No one is going to travel to Owl's just to buy healing potions or whatever, especially when they live in Point West. People living in Point West will most likely shop in Point West, and maybe when they are rich enough they will travel to Owl's to buy that single really expensive Grandmaster sword. People in Point West will most likely start their own shops to sell to their own peeps because it will be cheaper and less time consuming to buy your crap in Point West. I don't live in Brittany Estates but I have visited it once. I can't imagine ever wanting to even visit or pass through that location again.... but that just me. However, I imagine I am not alone. I think it is possible the best vending points/hubs will be entrance points to each scene. For example, if you enter Point West (it enters from the back of the scene/non seaside) there is a lot right after the entrance (warning: this could change)... and it is not taken. People don't travel to London or Beverly Hills everyday to do their shopping. They shop at their local stores.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    Saosis, Spoon, Jatvardur and 10 others like this.
  14. Coren

Coren Avatar

Sure. There are basically two desirable locations in a town: near the town center and bank, etc; and near the scene entrance.

The problem is, for those who wanted a town plot, is that there are basically none of those left in NPC towns. I might have missed a few (though I'm confident they'll be filled within the next 18h), but all of my survey have found that any town plot in a real city that met either of those desirable qualities have long since been taken. Leaving me and the other Knights Marshall with dregs.

There might be a couple village lots that remain desirable, but if I'm stuck having to settle for a village lot I've pretty much wasted $800. (And the people who place with village deeds are in an even worse position - there won't be many of those left either by the time they get to pick).

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that the people in the 36 groups before mine did anything wrong. I think Portal overcommitted beyond reason, and I think there are a few tweaks that could have been done to the placement rules (and a few promises that should not have been broken along the way) that would have left a lot fewer backers disappointed. That does leave me bitter.

15. Fain

Fain Avatar

I don't necessarily agree. A water view was important to me when making my lot selection. I think the best lot in the entire game is the town between the castle and the docks in Aerie because the location is so amazing and unique.

I think everyone went into this with the idea that having a vendor is what is most important. There are hundreds and hundreds of vendors out there. Almost all of us will be crafters as well as fighters and we can make a lot of our own stuff. We also have so many pledge non-breakable items floating around out there.

I honestly don't really care about having a vendor, I feel like I get plenty of gold just by playing the game.

16. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

You make a good point! I am normally not into crafting at all but find myself enjoying making stuff for myself. I originally was just doing alchemy and enchanting then I got tired of having to buy/ask for cloth armor to enchant so I started doing tailoring anyway and am doing that a lot more now.

Jatvardur, Numa, Tahru and 1 other person like this.
  17. Coren

Coren Avatar

Sure - what I said applies to most, not all players.

Personally, the lots I wanted the most were in Mud; for someone who plans on mostly adventuring having my lot within spitting distance of both bank and scene entrance was extraordinary. I'd have settled for either - now I'll have neither. Such is life.

Mykll, Theleb K`aarna and Tahru like this.
  18. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

For peeps with placement starting today it's already working! I had to settle for a good village spot with my town deed. All the best town spots disappeared on the 5th. Kinda feel like port should have had less city plots and more town but such is life. Got use to all that space last release now adjusting back to a smaller plot. For any town deed owners starting today or later best to shoot for nice village lots if you wanna be in a legit town. Plenty of town plots in bobo towns / villages or POTs but let's face it most of us didn't spent $1000-$1600 for a bobo / pot town. Best of luck guys!

Tahru likes this.
  19. Numa

Numa Avatar

You're absolutely correct, regional hubs are going to be important. How the regional hubs will interact with each other depends on what manner of land,air or sea mass transport Port will introduce first. For Book1 it's going to be the regional hub to the surrounding towns, villages etc. We'll probably see the start of inter-region volume trading in Book2 when our ships, airships and horse/Llama pack animals gain their full functionality. My 2 COTOS :)

Tahru and Alexander like this.
  20. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Spot on.
    This was Richard Garriots initial intent concerning the game in that regional economies would surface, and he has structured the game so that it would. I seldom ever go to Owls head because for me, I would have to cross Night Shade pass, and then hop a boat from Spindrift bay to the Hidden Vale. I ask why should I do this when I can just go to Resolute to 'buy my groceries'? Also, at the present moment, those who live in the central part of Novia have easy access to the Hidden Vale, but since Portalarium plans on redoing the NPC conversations and stories in the Vale, it's difficult to determine what the final outcome of this will be. Don't be surprised if they slip in a control point between Novia and the Vale. It would effectively force a regional economy on the Vale. Anyways, this game is still developing and we will have a much clear picture once it's all done. Just my 2 COTOs worth. :D

4EverLost, Numa, Jatvardur and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.