R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

The land Rush in my experience the worst thing in the game i have gone through so far. The underhanded bs. allowing upper tier pledges drop their shinny big homes 5 mins before the next land rush claim houses for their friends and swap them out 5 mins later was ridiculous. Sorry where it sucks where a person with a baron lot claimed a row lot it was his choice im sure he will trade it out and move his big house into one of his many pot's but that to me is legitimate. What i saw more of is higher lvl pledges saving lot locations for their friends at lower lvl pledges. Those that played the game fairly truly got screwed. I congratulate all those that got place they wanted. honestly. For me I still placed a town lot in lot selection 32. However in all honesty i hate the location i truly despise where i went to. However i refused to take my town lot and place a very nice village lot deeds. I don't know for me the absolute disappointment i had in the land rush from people several lot sizes above me taking lots in my selection. I for one refused to do it to the people below me.

Tiki Pirate, Mykll, Baalice and 9 others like this.
  2. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

I dunno... It was paid for the privelage to go first and choose any size lot you wanted to in that process. It is a shame some people have to be underhanded in how they go about it though.

Mykll, Baalice, Tahru and 3 others like this.
  3. smack

smack Avatar

Excellent job everyone with helping out and keeping the spreadsheet updated! All the NPC towns were updated and I hit a few PRTs too.

Here are the latest stats:
    Groups 1-36 / 947 backers
    620 lots claimed (600 NPC, 20 PRT)
    65% of all eligible lot deeds have been used (not counting any in POTs)
    Owl's Head is nearly completely claimed -- only 1 Row lot left!

Good luck to all the Knight / Knight Marshal backers tomorrow!

shathiell, Numa, Elijah and 10 others like this.
  4. Coren

Coren Avatar

So, in the end I managed to not end up too poorly (thankfully, it seems only about 2/3 of the backers have claimed their lots yet). I managed to get the last town lot, in a village that is not too off the beaten path.

I still fear many people will be disappointed in the last groups. This could have been handled better.

Numa, Mykll, Baalice and 2 others like this.
  5. Azur

Azur Avatar

Could we add the percentage claimed to the spreadsheet so we get it in real time? I've got the raw lots per group in a spreadsheet already (from my original post with the percentage) if that helps.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Tahru likes this.
  6. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

What?!?! How many times can they do this???? :eek::eek::eek: Are they holding them for ransom? If they are doing it multiple times, it's absolutely disgusting behavior. I thought that each player got to claim one lot during the land rush and that was it until the land rush was over. This is, in fact, how an actual land rush works.

Numa and Tahru like this.
  7. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

You can use any one Deed you possess. But you can in fact switch lots and even switch which deed you use as as you unclaim the previous deed first.

Tahru likes this.
  8. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

The Developers mostly closed the loopholes and left the ability to change lots as a convenience to the players. The ability to switch lots is very nice so you can pick a lot quick when your window opens and then check around for a better lot. A timer or inability to switch would hurt the normal player.

Gamers being smart and devious will find ways to cheat the system. This is the reason full loot PVP will never work. This is also the reason some unscrupulous members of the player base are screwing their fellow gamers by cheating the lot claim system.

Bypassing their normal selection time by using a higher level pledge to claim a smaller lot right before their smaller lot window opens is directly cheating other players out of their selection time. This devious method is no different than reaching into someone's pocket and stealing their wallet.

I absolutely have zero blame for the Development team. I've stated in many threads, no matter how many rules are in place someone will find a way to cheat the rules. Sometimes this 'cheating' isn't so bad like glitching a mob but when someone directly steals from another player we have virtual robbery.

While gamers are very smart at abusing we also possess the ability to find the solution. If not against the forum rules, those who are suspected of stealing lots should be listed on the forums and consider a boycott. Organize an in-game trial so no false accusations? Our first in game legal system?

Don't blame the Developers for a relatively fair lot claiming system. Blame a small group of your fellow gamers who have no respect for the rest of us.

Tiki Pirate, shathiell, Numa and 10 others like this.
  9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Or 1/3, or more likely some portion of that 1/3, have simply removed themselves from the process. I've several deeds including two Town deeds against which you will not have to compete. You're welcome.

10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

All the drama.
    I still stumble over a ton of good lots if you are willing to live on Novia and don't fall to the ficition that owl's head is the center of the game world.

11. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

The drama is half the fun, right? RIGHT!???

12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I've popcorn to share. Would you like some?

13. Elay

Elay Avatar

I find myself quite excited... Standing by the plot I want with less than 10 mins to go! The anticipation is killing me !

smack, Numa, Fain and 9 others like this.
  14. Polaris Penguin

Polaris Penguin Avatar

Did you get it?

I did the same at Elad's Lighthouse, found this spot with the view of an island and behind it a waterfall.

Also updated the spreadsheet :).

smack, Elay, Duke Gréagóir and 2 others like this.
  15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

And... They're Off! ;)

strabo, Ronan, Alexander and 2 others like this.
  16. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

Got my lot in Point West, a nice, pretty town lot right next to my boyfriend and an entrance, and close enough to the center. I had wanted a lot in Harvest but was sure I wouldn't get the one I wanted and we needed 2 adjacent town lots, making for slim pickings even yesterday. But I'm overall happy with what I have, thank goodness; I'm crossing my fingers that they don't drastically change the town though, I'm really happy with the view and surroundings, it would be quite disheartening if they drastically modified the terrain to be a different biome or entrance point.

I update the spreadsheet for Point West, so far only 3 lots have been taken: 2 town and 1 town water.

Good luck, everyone!

Edit: Since I have my lot already and don't anticipate moving (and I'm off work today), I'll run through the various POTs at various points in the day and update the spreadsheet as needed. Thank goodness for random Rhode Island holidays and perfectly-timed 3-day weekends!

Edit 2: Wow, just went to Bramble and someone claimed a village lot! By my count, it looks like POTs in the google docs spreadsheet have homeowners now!

4EverLost, smack, Numa and 8 others like this.
  17. Elijah

Elijah Avatar

Thanks to everyone for keeping the spreadsheet updated and for all the commentary. After being away for a couple of years, it was a really interesting week walking the land and exploring all the towns while waiting for my lot selection (Group 38 - RF Knight). Fortunately, the area I ended up really liking only had village lots and wasn't in high demand (Vertas), so I am thrilled with my lot. I can't wait to meet the neighbors and start digging into the game.

Thanks again and good luck all!

smack, Tahru, zyxe and 3 others like this.
  18. Coren

Coren Avatar

I wonder what fraction of that 1/3 that represents. I really hope Portalarium will publish some extended statistics once the land rush is over - it'd be instructive aplenty.

smack, Tahru, Mykll and 3 others like this.
  19. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Grabbed my lot in Jaanaford. There were four of us that claimed a lot. Still 23 lots left. All water lots are gone.

smack, Tahru, Spoon and 2 others like this.
  20. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I've removed the post and warned the member. We do not make baseless accusations. If you have a concern, voice it to us and we will try to clarify our reasoning for a perceived imbalance in the game.

Related to lot amounts, we've been carefully balancing considerations here with all tiers as much as possible. Certainly some backers are going to grab lots that are of a lower tier, that is well within their right to do so. We designed the system to be as flexible as possible, to ensure there was as much of a chance as possible for those to place a lot. Not everyone is going to get exactly what they want of course, and to that we are sorry to hear this may be the case for you :(.

I will try to get more information on the latest thoughts in the process from the team to ensure clarity on the other concerns.

Tahru, NRaas, Alexander and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.