R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

As far as Xenos, there was this post:

"Xenos (like Spite) started as another cloned scene using one of our PRT / POT templates based off of the Forest 01 base template (aka PaxLair). It is getting a complete rebuild from scratch this release and will go live with Release 32. Note that scenes that we un-clone after the Final Wipe will NOT get this level of rework, and building placements and lot placements in those towns will remain unchanged; only cosmetic changes of building styles, terrain, and foliage will be made."

So, I think that's why it's black on the spreadsheet. The bolded section is just there since it makes me nervous how Harvest will turn out, as others mentioned they are about their cloned towns. *crosses fingers* Please don't take my water...

2. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

That's quite good to hear. As long as the changes aren't super drastic (like changing all the beautiful large trees to dead, droopy tree nubs or giving the town weird music), sounds like we're all in the clear for what we picked! I don't want them to take my water, either. But I ran through Harvest recently and was surprised at how many lots were available, I thought for sure it would be one of the more popular "away" spots. I settled in Point West myself (with two other people as of an hour ago)!

I'm going to take a break updating the spreadsheet for the evening. Best of luck to everyone who still needs to find a lot, there really are some good ones left, just look around! :)

Tahru, Baalice and smack like this.
  3. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

I am going to be traveling and I was curious if there is any way to know if a certain town still had lots open on it? Can't check presently, or until my lot selection date.

If anyone is able to help, it would be greatly appreciated. Not sure if there is any updated resource or if I could ask for assistance from a willing player, privately.

Thanks so much guys!

Tahru likes this.
  4. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

Check the link to the google docs spreadsheet in the first post in this thread. It is kept up-to-date by players as they pass through towns

Tahru likes this.
  5. Fain

Fain Avatar

That makes sense although it is a little disappointing that the other towns will only receive minor changes. I was hoping that at least all of the NPC towns would be unique but it looks like even half of the NPC towns will look like PRTs.

LoneStranger, smack and Tahru like this.
  6. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

Still 23/30 village lots available in the lovely secluded town of Braemar. Not too far from Owl's Head with good hunting and gathering areas nearby.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    smack, Tahru, Retlaw and 1 other person like this.
  7. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Update. Jaanaford down to 14/31 village lots.

smack, Tahru and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  8. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Storm's Reach is just starting to pick up. Get in now before the good spots are gone! ;)

smack and Tahru like this.
  9. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

Can you claim a lot - just to make sure you have one - then claim a different lot later if you find something you like better?

smack, Baalice and Tahru like this.
  10. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yes

smack, Alexander and Tahru like this.
  11. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

Owl's Head is full! Running through some towns and getting some updates, stay tuned!

Spoon, smack, Tahru and 2 others like this.
  12. Tydes

Tydes Avatar

Damn. Was hoping to snag that last row house!

13. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

There is a spot that I really want, and I have been just sitting on the lot stone for like an hour already... So nervous.

4EverLost, Spoon, smack and 1 other person like this.
  14. maverick77

maverick77 Avatar

Where is it? What are the coordinates?

strabo, Gregg247, smack and 2 others like this.
  15. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

lol. probably not going to talk about it too much.

4EverLost, Spoon, Gregg247 and 4 others like this.
  16. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Aww was hoping for a nervous watch party around Nikko. :D

17. Coren

Coren Avatar

Interesting how it turns out that I was very correct and completely off the mark simultaneously.

Clearly, my evaluation that PRT lots are undesirable and subpar is borne out by how impressively little they are being sought - the market spoke for itself. (Well, that they are subpar is inferred - that they are undesirable is obvious since they were clearly not desired) :)

On the other hand, I was completely wrong about how many desirable lots would be taken before the lower tiers get a chance at all as a consequence of that: I severely underestimated the number of pledges that did not in fact claim lots (no doubt, as was pointed out earlier, pledge trading counts for a lot as many people hold more than one pledge/lot yet could only claim one during the rush proper).

I don't know if the Port team were geniuses for anticipating that or if they just lucked out - but things were much less bad than I had feared.

18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Not going to say I told you because I didn't.... But a lot of other people did :p

19. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

I'm going to be a prick and take a few single spots in abandoned towns where I will be 1 of # of lots, so that they can't be rolled up and wiped off the map. I call it a service for the late comers...but it's really just unhappiness at the PRT POTs with pimped out decorations, pet sheep, and watch dogs that are unavailable to POT owners.

Peace, Brickbat

Tahru likes this.
  20. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Many years ago there lived an emperor who cared only about his clothes and about showing them off. One day he heard from two swindlers that they could make the finest suit of clothes from the most beautiful cloth. This cloth, they said, also had the special capability that it was invisible to anyone who was either stupid or not fit for his position.

Being a bit nervous about whether he himself would be able to see the cloth, the emperor first sent two of his trusted men to see it. Of course, neither would admit that they could not see the cloth and so praised it. All the townspeople had also heard of the cloth and were interested to learn how stupid their neighbors were.

The emperor then allowed himself to be dressed in the clothes for a procession through town, never admitting that he was too unfit and stupid to see what he was wearing. For he was afraid that the other people would think that he was stupid.

Of course, all the townspeople wildly praised the magnificent clothes of the emperor, afraid to admit that they could not see them, until a small child said:

"But he has nothing on"!

This was whispered from person to person until everyone in the crowd was shouting that the emperor had nothing on. The emperor heard it and felt that they were correct, but held his head high and finished the procession.
    ~Hans Christian Andersen

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.