R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

I don't think that PRTs are undesirable or subpar. I think they might appeal to people that don't want to be super social and on top of everyone else. After all, if you want that, you can always go to those towns and mingle. However, I think things will rapidly change over the next 2 weeks, so I don't think anyone can make any final judgements currently.

2. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

POTs have the potential of being some of the best cities/towns in the game. Say i was in a clan transitioning from some other game to this one, i expect my entire crew would pick lots on our POT and would invest time, money and opprtunities in the POT. In that kind of situation i would definitely have placed in a POT and there would be no risk of eviction or loss of value due to not picking a NPC town... Mainly because in that situation you are going 'all in'. You believe in your group and your abilities to make something amazing.

I got into this not knowing anyone, so the NPC route works for me. That being said, i can see a future where I sell my lot and join a POT if it is the right group for me. I think POTs have way more potential to be amazing than standard content. I just could not risk that yet without knowing what group to invest my leasure time in.

Edit: sorry grinding this out on an iphone

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  3. maverick77

maverick77 Avatar

"He who eats a lot, poops a lot" - Maverick

4. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Basing an opinion about PRT's being subpar on the number of lots unused in them is very erroneous -- the reason there are so many unused lots in most of them is because most people have a "herd mentality", and find it difficult to think for themselves, so they go to the populated areas for no better reason than: "that's where everyone else is..." But your opinion is your opinion.

Saosis, 4EverLost, cartodude and 5 others like this.
  5. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

many of the lots are unclaimed because we cannot claim them, as we have to wait a couple more weeks.

6. Coren

Coren Avatar

See, I'd rather think that people are making a rational evaluation rather than presume they are sheep. Housing is more valuable where there is (a) traffic or (b) convenience. PRT, by virtue of being uninvolved in the questlines, will get essentially no traffic unless players manage to make it a compelling locale - which is umpteen times easier with a POT (where there is cohesion of residents and the town itself can be made unique/interesting).

What I'm saying is that they are undesirable because they were - unarguably - not desired: less than 5% of people who picked a lot did so in a PRT. Why they were not desired is a matter of opinion, but the paragraph above I think sets out a plausible rationale and seems to me the more likely.

7. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Got the lot/location I wanted! yay!

8. Azur

Azur Avatar

Some of the PRTs are in very good locations though. There are a number in Hidden Vale that are literally on the doorstep of Owl's Head, Kings Port and hence the boat to Brittany. I am surprised these (such as Littlecreek, Greenfall and Umber Heath) haven't seen more lots claimed but then equally there are still good lots in spots like Elad's Lighthouse which is NPC and has a direct boat to Brittany.

Tahru and Kaisa like this.
  9. Polaris Penguin

Polaris Penguin Avatar

Elad's Lighthouse doesn't currently have any town lots left, although this can change as people continue to search. I got lucky, searched around Sunday and fell for a couple of spots and got the one I wanted. Still. lots of village spots left and row.

smack and Tahru like this.
  10. bdo7

bdo7 Avatar

This was exciting, disappointing, and a huge relief, all at the same time. :)

I had my eye on a great little out-of-the-way spot along a really peaceful road in Brittany Fields, complete with a nice little pond next to it and (most importantly for me) NO immediate neighbors pressing up against it. A simple village lot, but plenty of space around it, yet in a major area. Perfect!

I called my wife from work to have her snag it for me when my lot selection window opened. (She and I are going to share the house in-game, possibly with our daughter as well, so we've all got an interest in it.)

We tried to claim it once, but my window hadn't opened yet... tried again seconds later (as fast as she could click through the menus again) and someone had gotten it. REALLY?? :p

I thanked my wife for trying and hung up in despair. I got home from work about 2 1/2 hours later, sure that every village lot in Brittany Fields would be gone. I logged in, looked around... and all the village lots in that area around the one I had wanted were still unclaimed. So... I guess someone just had their eye on it, same as me.

I plopped my claim down right across the street in a location that's ALMOST as nice, although I have a very close neighbor... as long as s/he doesn't go all stupid with the decorations, we'll be happy here.

I still plan on using that nice little pond when the weather is nice.. I hope the property ninja of Brittany Fields doesn't mind too much. :)

11. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

I think I know the spot you're talking about. Good location. I settled for a spot right next to the horse barn.

My town lot will be in a PaxLair though.

12. maverick77

maverick77 Avatar

I just want to sit around you and make you more nervous.... "What is that nefarious Maverick up to over there right next to my lot stone??" "What is that in his hand? A deed? It can't be..." We could livestream it... think about the drama... the ratings... Spectacular!

Nikko, Mykll and smack like this.
  13. bdo7

bdo7 Avatar

The area has now fleshed out quite a bit, and so far, it looks nice! I would totally live there in real life, given the chance.

Given some of the nightmarish combinations of architecture and decor that I witnessed in some of the previous releases, I can hardly find words to express my relief that my neighbors seem to have taste!

I spared a couple of minutes to stroll across the road, into a pasture and up a hill, and sat myself down under a big gnarled tree to simply soak up the beautiful summer day. Genuine relaxation occurred, which is rare for me.

I think, after years of waiting, I can FINALLY feel this game beginning to work some of the magic I knew it could. The folks at Portalarium have done it - they have gone and built a world.

14. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

Grats!

I still have 3 more days of waiting. I am going to go around tonight and survey property locations in more detail and hope/prey that they don't get taken in the process

Nikko and smack like this.
  15. Elric Zand

Elric Zand Avatar

I ended up in Westend... everyone come be my neighbour :D:D:D

pretty satisfied afterall.. got a great view

Vesper Merchant, Ronan, Tahru and 2 others like this.
  16. smack

smack Avatar

Lots of activity today! The count went from 620 lots claimed to 928! Almost all the NPC towns were updated along with just over half of the PRTs, so there could yet still be more uncounted lot claims, again also not including POT claims.

Group 42 just started their selection times, and Groups 43-45 representing 396 backers will claim theirs throughout the day tomorrow. Keep up the great work everyone with the spreadsheet updates and good luck all on your search for a home.

17. Floors

Floors Avatar

Within the first few hours of being in an empty PRT I had a random visitor, it will happen. traffic is not be all end all.
    There are a lot that will get snapped up at the end. Everyone goes at the end, it will be intense. I have 2 village lots still.

Baalice likes this.
  18. Coren

Coren Avatar

Love the small, walled holdfast template. I'm already your neighbour. :)

Baalice, Ronan and Theleb K`aarna like this.
  19. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Jaanaford still 12/31 village lots left.

Baalice and smack like this.
  20. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Come to Estgard. Still lots available near the City Center and it will get nice visuals next Release.

smack and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.