R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

This is actually a very good point. I remember in UO vendor malls in the middle of nowhere were quite popular. However, you had means to advertise and teleport (gate) potential customers to the spot. I'm not yet sure how popular obscure/far away vendors will be, but I can see a few POT/PRT gaining fame by having good vendors and people will trek out there for that specific purpose.

Still, most vendors will never see a customer, unless they are near a road that is traveled or have an owner who advertises greatly.

Alexander, Kaisa and Mykll like this.
  2. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Agreed, thats the funny/great thing about the land selection, different people want different things from their plot. Some want the plot on the main road in and out of some key place.

Me, I want a dragon to eat every person that walks by my house and no neighbors. I ended up in Graff island possibly one of the most unloved regions, on the town lot by the waterfall on a cliff by itself....and interviewed a dragon on the way up there (seriously...heeeeyyy budddy can you not eat me today please, I assume he's still red to me, no I dont mean the scales...yes he was red...you know what I mean).

There was/is a great town lot on one of the PRT templates that like that but having NO idea how those are going to develop...was a hard sell.

Whyterose Flowers and Mykll like this.
  3. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

Haha i just stumbled upon this place today. It's totally deserted. Reminds me of Yew in UO. Nice place but virtually no NPC presence and still seems to be virtually all vacant in terms of lots.

Stryker Sparhawk and Mykll like this.
  4. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

First pioneer of Harvest here, took a city lot (only one taken still, hmm) back on Aug. 2nd. I'm glad to see people trickling in now so welcome, fellow... Harvestians? Don't worry Mykll, your lot is safe. I heard bad gangs are moving in so nobody better come here until they're cleared out, seriously! (*whispers* how was that? think it'll work?)

5. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Yew has about 8 to 12 residents at this point :)

6. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Whatever works. :)

Eeek!

Baalice likes this.
  7. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

Brittany alleys no longer has any villages available

8. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

All righty, land rush isn't over yet! I hope a lot of you avatars are happy, I'm about to set out again and get us some more numbers for the evening. I love seeing this teamwork in keeping up that awesome spreadsheet started by Ice Queen and smack :)

9. Horance

Horance Avatar

There are still a lot of interesting village lots availabe in Spite. Currently, 33 lots are available. Some are located in the town centre, very close to the bank, shops and crafting station. Others have beautiful views.

10. Krissa Lox

Krissa Lox Avatar

I got my first choice in housing location - at the entrance of Magna Planitia. If no one else values it as much as I do, I'll have one of the biggest yards in the game! ;)

11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You should see mine. ;) It's Yuuuuuuuuuuuuge!

12. Tane Mahuta

Tane Mahuta Avatar

Highly recommend Kiln -> has link to secret pass in Blackblade mountains if you go down into the water cistern. Also, fast loading and some great neighbours!

13. Coren

Coren Avatar

Kiln would have been my first choice, if it had town lots. I always wondered why it was constructed with nothing but village lots.

Tahru and Black Tortoise like this.
  14. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

i cant place until Friday, i really hope there is a lot available in kingsport Or one of the brittany towns :)

Aimend and Tahru like this.
  15. bdo7

bdo7 Avatar

You have your head on straight, my friend. IMHO this is exactly the way to approach it.

I was actually aiming at Solania in the beginning, which was as far as I had traveled at the time. I knew it was the armpit of nowhere and would be awful in terms of reaching the majority of the game's other locations, but it has a great little "this is our smelly little town and WE LOVE IT" vibe... it's small enough to be like family, and it's in a swamp, which is kinda cool and different. The big corner lot was available, and I had every intention of living there when my lot window opened. I even learned the name of the guard at the nearby town gate ("Siggo") and was totally looking forward to living in a tiny, smelly village in the swamp - and being passionate about it like my neighbors!

Then I realized I owed it to myself to actually explore Novia a bit before making a decision, and I hoofed it (at level 1...) through the Eastreach Gap and past a lot of higher level baddies, running like crazy, and discovered Brittany at the very heart of the kingdom. Specifically, Brittany Fields, which is like half-residential farmland. There are orchards, cow pastures, stables, windmills, ponds... it's paradise.

My first choice lot in Brittany Fields had nothing to do with travel time, nearness of vendors, or how close "my vendor" was to the flow of player traffic... it was because it was a peaceful looking place with a nice swimming hole and plenty of room around me. I wanted a place that would be fun to role-play, with ZERO concern for how efficient it would be for gold farming. I mean... is this WoW, or Shroud of the Avatar?

I have paid my dues in WoW. I have been in a raid guild, I have farmed for crafting mats and for faction rep for countless hours, and I've had enough of 'funless gaming.'

This game is never going to be my job! It's my ESCAPE from all that garbage!

In the end, I was delighted to find a home right across the lane from where I had wanted to move in, and I took it gratefully. It's a beautiful place, and it is in the heart of Novia, so it should stand me in good stead for a long time to come.

Maybe I have to walk past a few cows on my way to the market. That's OK. I like cows. :)

16. thewulf

thewulf Avatar

I am in Brekken Bay. It is PRT but it is close to Brittany and has plenty of lots still available.

Archangel2 likes this.
  17. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I mentioned some time ago about putting bulletin boards in the taverns. Still think that this would be the way to go as a means of advertising vendor locations and goods being sold. Also good for Guild advertising.

18. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Willing to bet that more of those will appear in other villages/towns, etc. I like the cistern puzzle in Kiln.

19. disastorm

disastorm Avatar

I think the main issue is that people have no reason to goto random towns since nothing is there except housing and non-story npcs. I think it would be awesome if they would add other incentives to goto random towns like maybe mobs or quests.

postulio and Tahru like this.
  20. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Jaanaford 11/31 village lots left.

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.